Post-Game Talk: ADSF #1 - 04/12/17 | RANGERS @ canadiens (PGT begins at #571)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Funny but I bet the 114 votes for Tanner Glass tonight as one of top 3 stars myself included in this one game, that those 114 votes are more than the votes he's compiled in his entire 5 year Ranger career.

I don't have any empirical data for this but I'd have to say I can't be all too far off in that assumption of mine....lol

Ugh, I don't think Glass has been here for 5 years..:laugh:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Now wait a damn minute, who said anything about not being a fan anymore? I saw the game. You people are nuts :laugh:

I'm on vacation because we do nothing but fight anymore. I'm coming back, let me just zen or whatever.

Oh, and the corsi was fine.

An old Bandwagon fan all of a sudden who comes back after huge road playoff win...hmmm...lol

I kid..I kid MH...welcome back...:)

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Solid 1st game on the road. Gave as good as we got.

Expecting a big push from Montreal bUT with that forward group, they are going to have to crowd Hank

Didn't like our chances to start the series, but taking the 1st game is a huge step.

Yep. I love that we fought it off and had dominating moments ourselves, but we need to score on some to stand a chance. We really haven't scored on Price yet. Not that they've scored on Hank. Just saying. These games won't all be tight like this. People downplay their offense but it's dangerous. We need ours to be more dangerous. Not Glass off a faceoff and Grabner EN. Either way, I'm happy. I just know we need way more to win.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We really have fans who want to sit Fast? Now I remember why I took a break from the boards for a few days. Incredible.

almost as bad as reading post after post that we would be embarrassed and have no chance this series :sarcasm:
Fast brings so much its not even funny. even more amazing he plays his heart out and he may not even be 100 percent. him and lindberg were terrific along the boards and creating chances

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
almost as bad as reading post after post that we would be embarrassed and have no chance this series :sarcasm:
Fast brings so much its not even funny. even more amazing he plays his heart out and he may not even be 100 percent. him and lindberg were terrific along the boards and creating chances

Yeah. I get Glass scored tonight and he was outstanding by Glass standards but realistically both Fast and Lindberg were better than him tonight.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Jesper Fast is a guy that everybody should root for. He would throw himself in front of a Weber bomb every single time if he could. The guy isn't even big but he plays with a heart like Zucc. He isn't gifted but his board play is fantastic for his size and his motor is better than anybody else's on this team along with Zucc.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Not sure you are being sarcastic or being serious but if you are being serious, my printer doesn't work and so print me a copy as well....:nod:

No sarcasm. That was exactly the way I was trying to be tonight. Quiet, didn't go nuts when Glass scored, didn't go nuts when the Habs got the 5 on 3. You are right. Gotta believe. That was well written and I agree with it all.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Playoff Fast:
stock-photo-mixed-ice-cream-scoops-with-cone-on-white-background-267753719.jpg

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
Habs fan chiming in. Just want to say that you guys have a great team... terribly underappreciated around the league.

Also, as a goalie myself, I just want to let you guys know how much I admire your HOF netminder. Truly a legend.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Habs fan chiming in. Just want to say that you guys have a great team... terribly underappreciated around the league.

Also, as a goalie myself, I just want to let you guys know how much I admire your HOF netminder. Truly a legend.

Thank you but Raanta didn't play tonight.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

I love these videos...I really do and never ever get tired of them.

We have been so fortunate and I wonder if some in here don't appreciate how good this team of ours has been over the past 12 years to be able and talented enough to have these playoff runs we have had.

Sure only one team win the Cup every year but to do what we've done in past decade or so is not something to just scoff over. What we've done is probably about the next best thing to winning the Cup itself to be as competitive as we are.Despite al the *****ing and moaning by the usual suspects in here and we all know who they are every single year this team gives us a solid regular season and 75% off the time, our team gives us enjoyable April's and May's.

Sure I'd love for the team to give us more enjoyable June's but I for one am very very grateful that we have a team we can be proud of and who every single year is a serious contender to win it all. And this year is no different despite this supposedly being a "transition year" and most experts and quite a few posters in here thinking before the season we wouldn't even make the playoffs.

I'm very proud of this team no matter how it shakes out and it's one of the reasons I don't criticize as much as some do seeing my expectations for our boys was tempered by fact I knew this was a transition year. Now that we stole an all important game at the Bell Centre that we absolutely had to win in order for us to win it and move on, I really hope that some of the pessimists in here truly start to realize how special of a season this team has had despite the flaws it has.

Next year I have not a doubt in the world with some tinkering here and there(ie...signing a Shatty, maybe a Roussel....getting rid of some contracts for the Kleins and possibly the Girardi's of the world...etc), the expectation level for the team is going to be off the hook. But for now, this is what we got and I for one am damn prooud of this team.

Tonight was just another example of the heart and pride this team has and we should all be appreciative of them despite the warts it has....just sayin....:nod:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hank is a God. Skjei was amazing. I thought Brendan Smith was really good.

Tanner Glass is the way of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad