Post-Game Talk: ADSF #1 - 04/12/17 | RANGERS @ canadiens (PGT begins at #571)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nothing wrong with following two teams.

1998 I became interested in the Sharks because my pee wee baseball team wore teal and black uniforms, and then I really started watching them later on when we were able to get West Coast games on cable/internet. Has nothing to do with the Sharks.

Took a break from the board because all we were doing was screaming at each other. I just wanted to make things better. To think I would just not watch the Rangers is pretty crazy.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If they can ride McDonagh-Girardi (let's hope tonight's version sticks around because that was straight up vintage shutdown G) and Skjei-Smith, good things will happen.

We were the better team after the first period, even with Montreal having some really nice momentum swings here and there. Build off that last 40 minutes and keep ****in goin!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Now wait a damn minute, who said anything about not being a fan anymore? I saw the game. You people are nuts :laugh:

I'm on vacation because we do nothing but fight anymore. I'm coming back, let me just zen or whatever.

Oh, and the corsi was fine.

Good. I've missed you, even though you sometimes (only a small amount) make me want to put a fist through my monitor.

<3

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
If they can ride McDonagh-Girardi (let's hope tonight's version sticks around because that was straight up vintage shutdown G) and Skjei-Smith, good things will happen.

We were the better team after the first period, even with Montreal having some really nice momentum swings here and there. Build off that last 40 minutes and keep ****in goin!

Girardi literally turned back the clock tonight. Hadn't seen this kind of performance from him in a long time.

Makes me wonder if he really was coasting throughout most of the regular season...:laugh:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Girardi literally turned back the clock tonight. Hadn't seen this kind of performance from him in a long time.

Makes me wonder if he really was coasting throughout most of the regular season...:laugh:

there were some points in the game where he closed the gap along the opposition forward along the boards that ive never seen from him before.
he had an extra gear tonight.
i hope this is gonna be consistent from him but lets see how he plays game 2

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Buchnevich isn't going to make his way into the lineup next game with how the 4th line played tonight. The only potential change is on D

D ain't gonna be changed either when they pitched in a shutout.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
That's the spirit :)

I follow Nucks a bit too - nothing wrong in that and they are playing in a different division! :)
I listen to the Linden interview end of this season - usually update myself what is going on in the org. even though I`m most active on the NY forum, because of Zucc & Nash - my favorite players on this team at the moment.
I really like Skjei & Miller too very promising for the future - hopefully Buch will get a game or two in playoffs on the Zib line with Nash. Vesey had a good game tonight though.

I still would love to see Nash - Stepan - Zucc, but I doubt it happen, because they are usually the best 2 ways players, and AV need to balance the lines with Nash on the Zib line.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1998 I became interested in the Sharks because my pee wee baseball team wore teal and black uniforms, and then I really started watching them later on when we were able to get West Coast games on cable/internet. Has nothing to do with the Sharks.

Took a break from the board because all we were doing was screaming at each other. I just wanted to make things better. To think I would just not watch the Rangers is pretty crazy.

That's cool. Good to see you are still around.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Glad they won but this team still needs to prove they can score on Price. Not going to get a goal like that Glass one most games.

For sure. I think we had some great chances and a few posts which can be goals if duplicated again. Next game I'm looking for some more shooting with conviction and dedication to (hopefully) getting to more pucks around the front and side first

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Great job by the Rangers tonight, as a Bruins fan I am cheering big time for you guys to sweep the habs. Hope to see a Rangers vs Bruins series in the second round.

Gee I wonder why you are rooting for us...lol

Sorry to disappoint you but we aint sweeping the Habs.

We had to win one of these first two at the Bell Centre to insure that the series goes 6 or 7 and we did that.

Habs will come out on Friday knowing that their season is on the line and I anticipate they will likely play alot better than they did tonight.

Can we win that game? Of course we can. Will we? I'd think the odds of us doing so are pretty slim. I think my mindset is same as the players and team. They knew as I did so long as we got a split at the Bell Centre, that was the goal and we accomplished that. As I said a few times in the thread, the 1st game on the road in the playoffs is usually the game the road team can steal and we did with flying colors.

For us to beat them twice? That would be amazing but I doubt it pretty highly.

I do think we are going to need to win one more game at the Bell Centre tho and it's likely going to be either Game 5 or Game 7. I hate to say this but I think we likely are not going to win Game 2 but hopeful tho. I hope I'm wrong but I think the Canadians are going to figure out a way to win a game at MSG. I really really hope I'm wrong about this but considering our struggles this year at home, how can I not think that Habs take one of our home games.

If they do, I'd obviously rather us win a Game 5 rather seeing we could end it at our barn for Game 6. I did predict before series tho we'd win it in 7 so anyway we slice and dice it unless we protect home ice we need to win one more game at the Bell Centre in order to advance to 2nd round.

Hopefully we can pull off a surprise on Friday. I'd think Hank would have to possibly pitch another shutout for that too occur.

All I know is that I'm going to sleep very very well. We got the job done and stole one at the Bell Centre. What a great win....:)

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
While i have no arguement that the 4th line was great, i'd probably sit fast solely on the fact that he's not 100% yet.

You can argue he can swap out with lindberg too i suppose.

It's not an easy decision but at the end of the day, we're gonna need to do something about the PP just drifting out there or it will cost us.

Fast played great. He is not coming out. Rangers PP was #1 in the NHL over the last month. Buchnevich is not playing game 2.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hopefully this game inspires them to be better at finishing their chances.

Need that to beat Price this series. Got close a few times, but close doesn't cut it. Not in a series this tight.

Would be hella awesome to win on Friday and come back to the Garden up 2-0 in the series.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Solid 1st game on the road. Gave as good as we got.

Expecting a big push from Montreal bUT with that forward group, they are going to have to crowd Hank

Didn't like our chances to start the series, but taking the 1st game is a huge step.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Funny but I bet the 114 votes for Tanner Glass tonight as one of top 3 stars myself included in this one game, that those 114 votes are more than the votes he's compiled in his entire 5 year Ranger career.

I don't have any empirical data for this but I'd have to say I can't be all too far off in that assumption of mine....lol

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hopefully this game inspires them to be better at finishing their chances.

Need that to beat Price this series. Got close a few times, but close doesn't cut it. Not in a series this tight.

Would be hella awesome to win on Friday and come back to the Garden up 2-0 in the series.

This has been said over and over again, but have to try and score dirty goals on Price. He will save the majority of the ones he sees, deflections and rebounds are going to be key. Kreider, Miller, and Nash are all going to have to crash in front and screen him. Hate to say this but speed and skill alone will not win this series. Need to get dirty. Lol.

If they can build on those last two periods and get a little more in Price's face, I really like their odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad