Value of: Adam McQuaid to Toronto

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
McQuaid is not somebody thats worth giving up assets for. Some old school GM will give up a bunch for him at the deadline but he's not really an upgrade on what the leafs have internally.

Leafs biggest problems are Hainsey and Zaitsev. We need upgrades on those guys.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Nylander is an elite winger and isn't being traded, what is so difficult to understand? Bobby Mac just said yesterday they haven't even thought about trading him. He's pretty much unanimously a top 10 RW, those don't get dealt for the meh pieces the Rangers can put together. Again, not a combo of assets the Rangers could offer that would entice the Leafs to move Nylander. Have a read if you feel like Nylander isn't worth what you think he is: Is William Nylander undervalued? An analytical look suggests...

Not a combo of players the Rangers could offer? So, if the Rangers offer Chytil, Kravtsov, Andersson, Hajek, Rykov, Keane, not to mention guys like Hayes, Zucc, Howden, Pionk, ADA. No combo of these players get you a soft as Charmin 60 point winger? Gotcha.
Boy, "elite" sure isn't what it used to be.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If the rangers got back what they just traded for him im fine with that
That's pretty much my take. I'm not looking to "sell high". I just want what we spent. Of course the same pick is going to be later than ours. Give me a 3rd and 7th and we're good.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I actually think he has been decent for us this season and i am very tired of defensive defensemen after all these years with Girardi, Staal etc. He does everything ok defensively but brings an element of physicality and it hurts to play against him. Not much offense in him though which is a problem.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
We will offer Polak in exchange for McQuaid.

Can Dallas fans let us know what Polak will cost us?
Neutral (Blues) fan here. I am not sure what you are asking, but Roman Polak is currently earning 1.3m on an expiring contract. He is a UFA as of July 1. McQuaid is also an upcoming UFA and is making 2m.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Neutral (Blues) fan here. I am not sure what you are asking, but Roman Polak is currently earning 1.3m on an expiring contract. He is a UFA as of July 1. McQuaid is also an upcoming UFA and is making 2m.

Was joking Leafs would reacquire Polak to trade him to NYR for McQuaid.

Just having fun. Yes?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
McQuaid is not somebody thats worth giving up assets for. Some old school GM will give up a bunch for him at the deadline but he's not really an upgrade on what the leafs have internally.

Leafs biggest problems are Hainsey and Zaitsev. We need upgrades on those guys.
Seems like a George McPhee add.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Blues need RD depth. I offer Jerabek and a 3rd.

No need for Jerabek, unless it's about clearing cash. I'd prefer an add of some prospect who may need a change of scenery, or bottom line future.

EDIT: Looking at his cap hit, it wouldn't be about clear cash as you could just waive him.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
McQuaid has been real solid for NY. He's a guy I'm not sure they wouldn't want to bring back for a year.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nice try.
His value is the same as it was 2 months ago.

nope.
your statement would apply, I agree, if all things were =.
That is a false assumption in this case.

Bruins made him available b'c they had a surplus and needed the cap space, that's the bottom line.
They sent him to NY, not to punish him, but b'c they didn't want to send him to a contender, esp in conference, but he may not have wanted to go west, so they compromised with NY.

The above means it was not an open market, which again, has real fact that there is league wide shortage of quality RDs, and esp more so as to availability.
Plus, yeah, this is a rental this year only, but that also means no long term commitments. Sometimes you prefer term, sometimes not, depending on the player and circumstances.

2nd is doable and somebody will pay
ESPECIALLY if there is injury, and there usually is
further exacerbating supply and demand

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
nope.
your statement would apply, I agree, if all things were =.
That is a false assumption in this case.

Bruins made him available b'c they had a surplus and needed the cap space, that's the bottom line.
They sent him to NY, not to punish him, but b'c they didn't want to send him to a contender, esp in conference, but he may not have wanted to go west, so they compromised with NY.

The above means it was not an open market, which again, has real fact that there is league wide shortage of quality RDs, and esp more so as to availability.
Plus, yeah, this is a rental this year only, but that also means no long term commitments. Sometimes you prefer term, sometimes not, depending on the player and circumstances.

2nd is doable and somebody will pay
ESPECIALLY if there is injury, and there usually is
further exacerbating supply and demand

It's a nice attempt to boost McQuaid's value, but no dice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad