Value of: Adam McQuaid to Toronto

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Still the question is. Is McQuaid better than Zaitsev, Hainsey or Ozhignokov at RHD? Maybe the Leafs want him as seventh guy and possible insertion in case of injuries, geez he may not be regular you want playing for the next 70 games.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I wouldnt mind McQuaid. 3rd rd pick?

He and Oziganov would become interchangeable. Adds some much-needed depth too because if anyone gets injured, there's no way I want Marincin or Holl to come in.

Reactions: daddy

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Still the question is. Is McQuaid better than Zaitsev, Hainsey or Ozhignokov at RHD? Maybe the Leafs want him as seventh guy and possible insertion in case of injuries, geez he may not be regular you want playing for the next 70 games.

Given how often McQuaid gets injured, that's something that you'd never have to worry about.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
To everyone asking for a 2nd....what has he done to deserve such a huge increase?
He's probably worth a 4th but you might get a GM to bite on a 3rd and a unwanted contract.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, because if it's not you should be ashamed of yourself. There isn't a combination of assets the Rangers could put together that could fetch Nylander.
And its posts like this that make other fan bases laugh and ponder just how much more delusional can Leafs fans get.

Reactions: weinsink

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
McQuaid is already paying dividends. He's been solid on D. Clears the crease. Rangers players are getting run far less. They pretty much got run every game last year. I'd like to keep him around.

Reactions: daddy

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, because if it's not you should be ashamed of yourself. There isn't a combination of assets the Rangers could put together that could fetch Nylander.
Oh so you must be new to hockey and all the trades that have happened. Well its a great sport and if you stick with it you just might one day have opinions worth paying attention to!

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
And its posts like this that make other fan bases laugh and ponder just how much more delusional can Leafs fans get.

Nylander is an elite winger and isn't being traded, what is so difficult to understand? Bobby Mac just said yesterday they haven't even thought about trading him. He's pretty much unanimously a top 10 RW, those don't get dealt for the meh pieces the Rangers can put together. Again, not a combo of assets the Rangers could offer that would entice the Leafs to move Nylander. Have a read if you feel like Nylander isn't worth what you think he is: Is William Nylander undervalued? An analytical look suggests...

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
McQuaid is already paying dividends. He's been solid on D. Clears the crease. Rangers players are getting run far less. They pretty much got run every game last year. I'd like to keep him around.

He is absolutely perfect in that role. Just keep in mind that he'll probably be injured some games but sounds like youre getting what you paid for.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
To everyone asking for a 2nd....what has he done to deserve such a huge increase?
He's probably worth a 4th but you might get a GM to bite on a 3rd and a unwanted contract.

early 4th + early 6th is not that far from late 2nd.

And he probably did more than Hoffman when Hoffman was flipped to a division rival Panthers.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
If the Bruins keep losing defenceman there might be a bidding war for him soon.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Nylander is an elite winger and isn't being traded, what is so difficult to understand? Bobby Mac just said yesterday they haven't even thought about trading him. He's pretty much unanimously a top 10 RW, those don't get dealt for the meh pieces the Rangers can put together. Again, not a combo of assets the Rangers could offer that would entice the Leafs to move Nylander. Have a read if you feel like Nylander isn't worth what you think he is: Is William Nylander undervalued? An analytical look suggests...
... Nylander a top 10 RW? Without investigating that must be exaggeration.

Reactions: weinsink

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Realistically? I could see a 4th, maybe a 3rd round pick.

And Toronto isn't trading Nylander to the Rangers for Buchnevich, McQuaid and a 2nd... just stop.

Pretty sure Crosby for Nylander, 1 for 1 and you guys would say no.

Then again, its lame that a top 10 RW can't get 8M a year and that even at 7M he's considered overpaid.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I could see him getting a 2nd or a 3rd. His contract is expiring, he can kill penalties, tough, and has Stanley Cup Final experience. That may not be what Toronto will pay (even if they want him), but if he is healthy come trade deadline and the Rangers want to move him they will get offers.

Reactions: WhoTagz

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Take your own advise. Be ashamed of yourself.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This made my head hurt.

Especially when you consider Buch u
Is actually older than Nylander.

And? I mean, I would pack the bags for him, but what does the actual age have to do with this? The poster clearly meant grow as a player now that AV isn't around to bench him, constantly. While older, he's played less games.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Really? So, Chytil, Andersson, Miller, and our 1st doesn't get it done? Please!! What you should have said was "Nothing the Rangers would realistically put together would entice the leafs to trade Nylander."

Reactions: jboknows and bl02

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
And? I mean, I would pack the bags for him, but what does the actual age have to do with this? The poster clearly meant grow as a player now that AV isn't around to bench him, constantly. While older, he's played less games.

Because not only is Nylander a giant upgrade over Buch right now, he's also younger and has a lot more upside down to boot.

That post was a disaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad