Value of: Adam Lowry's next contract - who would be interested?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
One of the most underrated third line centers in the league with a solid 2 way game and a leader on the ice and in the locker room and only getting better. Do the Jets re-sign him this summer? If not, where do you see him potentially going and what term could he land on his next contract? He would be a valuable asset to any contender.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The Jets will re-sign him. If they didn't, most teams would be interested in trading for him so they could sign him. The real question is whether Winnipeg protects him in the expansion draft, and if they don't, will Seattle claim him?

EDIT - just realized he is a UFA, not an RFA. If he is a UFA, he is going to get paid well. I'd offer 3 million per year X 4 or 5 years and start negotiations from there.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
He absolutely stays this summer, re-signing after expansion so that he doesn't get picked or take up a protection slot. Chevy has been making bigbrain moves to keep valuable young centers by hiring their dads (Lowry and PLD). Lowry retires a Jet I think and we can't afford to lose what he brings, he will definitely get a raise. Probably 4x3.25 or so, which is just fine for a big, physical shutdown 3C that can PK.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The Jets will re-sign him. If they didn't, most teams would be interested in trading for him so they could sign him. The real question is whether Winnipeg protects him in the expansion draft, and if they don't, will Seattle claim him?
don't need to protect him, Seattle won't take someone that will go to free agency. we can make a deal with him and sign him after the expansion draft

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
yes, he's going to agree to a deal with the team his dad currently coaches and then sign somewhere else

No need to get your undies in a twist here, I was commenting in general, because this exact line has been repeated by every fanbase. The odds are that there is going to be someone who unexpectedly signs somewhere after his old teams fans thought they would just sign him after the expansion draft. Nowhere did I suggest that Lowry would agree to a deal and then sign elsewhere. It's also possible that they actually don't agree before the expansion draft though you realize.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Since the Sabres will have a ton of cap room after they make all their trades, I would love for them to offer 5-5.5M/yr x 4 years. I don't care if it's an overpayement, the cap isn't going to matter in Buffalo for the next few seasons and we need a few guys like Lowry to turn the culture around.

Reactions: TS Quint

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Copp, Pionk, Brossoit, Stanley, Forbort including Lowry are all getting raises and the Jets still have to re-sign Stastny. One of these guys is getting traded

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Copp, Pionk, Brossoit, Stanley, Forbort including Lowry are all getting raises and the Jets still have to re-sign Stastny. One of these guys is getting traded
We don’t need to resign stastny or Forbort. We hope Forbort is a stop gap for Samberg.
Broissot may leave to try and be a starter elsewhere. Maybe Seattle.
We may have to trade Copp as he did not seem happy with role in offseason.
Stanley has played 10 games not a big raise.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Since the Sabres will have a ton of cap room after they make all their trades, I would love for them to offer 5-5.5M/yr x 4 years. I don't care if it's an overpayement, the cap isn't going to matter in Buffalo for the next few seasons and we need a few guys like Lowry to turn the culture around.
I think that is a drastic overpayment but agree that he brings what every team needs. He is fabulous defensively, smart, tough and a great teammate. For teams badly in need of that kind of 3/4 center an overpayment might be a good investment.

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
I love Adam Lowry and his game, but he goes through stretches where his offense completely dries up.

I could see the Jets moving on.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I'd love Edmonton to pursue him in the offseason. He'd be the perfect 3C for us. Can't see Winnipeg letting him go.

It will be very interesting to see the bottom 6 forwards salaries this upcoming offseason. I do believe Lowry will be an exception to the correction however.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I could see contenders offering him 5 years/4mill. I think this guy will only get better and see Dave Bolland type potential in him.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
IF he goes to FA I think the Rangers might be interested. They will have cap space this offseason too, unless he asks for crazy money (not gonna be available in this capstrapped multi year cap ceiling freeeze environment anyways?). 4 x 4 - or a little more maybe?
NYR are severely lacking this kind of "veteran", hard-nosed presence in their top 9. Fits the timeline for a first run well too. Replacement for Strome that is dealt for pick(s) at TDL?

Reactions: leetch99

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I see him getting overpaid, he fits into almost every team's playstyle.

I expect him to get either a 3-4 x 4-4.25 mil contract, or a 6 x 3.5 mil contract. If a team is desperate, could be a 6 x 4 mil offer.

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
Stastny would be nice to have sub-3 mil. He's slow but he has looked decent and he's a good leader. We keep him until Perfetti steps up to take his place.

Jets actually look pretty solid on C as Scheifele has still 5+ prime years in front of him. I just wonder if he's being moved to the wing when Perfetti makes the squad because I can't see Scheifele/PLD/Perfetti centering the third line in the very near future.

If Jets land top4 dman and a decent winger they can be a legit contender for let's say 5+ years from the next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad