Player Discussion: Adam Lowry

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
You mean like turn and fire everything at the net?

Lowry’s line isn’t out there to light the lamp, they’re there to keep the other teams top 2 lines off the score sheet. A great way of doing that is keeping possession in the offensive zone.
This is the play-not-to-lose strategy, yes. It seems like Maurice would be a lot more comfortable with 3 Lowry lines and one Scheifele line (and a top PP) to do the scoring. At the very least he wants a traditional Top 6/Bottom 6 based on lineup choices. Seems insane given the talent that's available to him... It's also strange considering that Lowry's line doesn't get the toughest matchup anymore. Maurice seems quite content to let Scheifele's line get slaughtered out there every night.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I like Adam’s physicality but on balance I think the category is a bit overrated and Copp does hit at about 50% of the rate as Lowry so he is not a shrinking violet.

Copp is also built like a tank. Incredibly hard to force off a puck, and has speed and smarts to burn. I think him centring a line with MP85 and Laine as the wingers could work very well.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Copp is also built like a tank. Incredibly hard to force off a puck, and has speed and smarts to burn. I think him centring a line with MP85 and Laine as the wingers could work very well.

Laine would have to be a lot more involved that he's shown he wants to so far. That's a line that would do most of it's work on the cycle. One forward digging his skates in at the top of the circle means the other team gets the puck and starts back. But that's kind of been an issue no matter who Laine has been matched with.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The big man was good yesterday. First time in a while we've seen him look quick. I like the nastyness too, although he probably crossed the line a couple times.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
If Lowry is coming at them, an opposing D man or forward knows he is going to get hammered if he doesn't move the puck quickly and get out of the way...not so much with Copper.
Don't get me wrong, I think Copper might be the smartest forward we have (defensively) but I will take the more physical player every time.
I love having Copper as Lowry's LWer.
Yay, we found Mo!

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018

Agree, would love to see this line with Connor and roslovic flanking little.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Andrew Copp is proving he can handle playing center and be productive and seems to have more offence in his game. Would anyone trade Lowry and restock some picks if it meant keeping Hayes?

Reactions: GNP

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017
Andrew Copp is proving he can handle playing center and be productive and seems to have more offence in his game. Would anyone trade Lowry and restock some picks if it meant keeping Hayes?

Yes, but can Little center the forth line next year? Remind me again whey he got extended so early...

I'd like to see Copp move up to the 3rd line now, at least see how it works, he is playing well.

Reactions: GNP

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
5v5 scoring for him has been porous this season. last year he was dominant defensively but was still able to score at a very high efficiency. the finishing ability is not there this season

This year:
13 5v5 pts
0.9 5v5 pts/60
on-ice: CF/60 57.21, CA/60: 55.83, CF% 50.61

Last year:
19 5v5 pts (in 45 gp)
2.14 5v5 pts/60
on-ice: CF/60 59.86, CA/60: 43.99, CF% 57.64

Whodey204

Oct 2, 2017
Agreed. Think they should seriously consider trading Lowry. Copp fills a similar roll and is a better player.

Resign Hayes and build a 3rd line around Little at center. Trouba, perrault, and kuli all on their way out to free up cash for Hayes.

Reactions: GNP and Mbraunm

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Agreed. Think they should seriously consider trading Lowry. Copp fills a similar roll and is a better player.

Resign Hayes and build a 3rd line around Little at center. Trouba, perrault, and kuli all on their way out to free up cash for Hayes.

Ouch to the D. So we roll

Mor Buff
Niku ???
Ugh Ugh

We are either re-signing Myers, signing someone else or getting someone back, negating some of that savings.

I like building a 3rd line around Little, I just don't think a 5.3M 3rd line center is what we can afford with Connor/Laine needing new deals and Wheeler's deal kicking in.

Whodey204

Oct 2, 2017
Ouch to the D. So we roll

Mor Buff
Niku ???
Ugh Ugh

We are either re-signing Myers, signing someone else or getting someone back, negating some of that savings.

I like building a 3rd line around Little, I just don't think a 5.3M 3rd line center is what we can afford with Connor/Laine needing new deals and Wheeler's deal kicking in.
Agreed - significant holes. Poolman can take a spot on the bottom pair, biggest issue would be filling the open spot in the top 4.

Trading Little to free up cash for Hayes would be ideal but if Little has a NMC that may be impossible.

Would have to recover significant assets for Trouba, Lowry, and Perrault. Or sign someone in free agency.

This will be a pivotal off season for Chevy, with many possible moving parts.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
5v5 scoring for him has been porous this season. last year he was dominant defensively but was still able to score at a very high efficiency. the finishing ability is not there this season

This year:
13 5v5 pts
0.9 5v5 pts/60
on-ice: CF/60 57.21, CA/60: 55.83, CF% 50.61

Last year:
19 5v5 pts (in 45 gp)
2.14 5v5 pts/60
on-ice: CF/60 59.86, CA/60: 43.99, CF% 57.64
And as I recall the 2016-2017 year when he posted his career numbers a third of the points and goals came on the PP.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
And as I recall the 2016-2017 year when he posted his career numbers a third of the points and goals came on the PP.
yea 16-17 was his career best for totals. 17-18 was his career best for 5v5 totals and scoring efficiency but you also add the fact he was a machine defensively that season too.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Complacency has set in with Lowry, Schiefs also just as bad, neither work as hard as they did in past seasons!

Reactions: KB1971

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
And some of this...

giphy.gif

Seriously, I like this player a lot. He's one of the main reasons the Jets have the rep they do around the league. The guy is a reincarnation of Joel Otto.
BUT...are you high?

Reactions: kanadalainen

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
For the amount they play, they need to score more.

Yup, last year they were great in the role as not only did they defend well but they scored at a very high rate as a line.

This season both Lowry and Tanev are producing at fourth line rates and Little's ES production has dropped like a stone since being played with them.

Ideally Maurice elevates Perrault - Copp - Little are elevated to third line minutes. All are scoring at >1.5 p/60, Copp is a better all around player than Lowry, Perrault still drives possesion and Little can still produce playing with players who can carry the mail.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
For the amount they play, they need to score more.
And after a hot (see: extremely lucky) period of games, Tanev has exactly one point, an assist, in his last 17 games. I’ll give it to Lowry that he still does a pretty decent job of keeping the puck out of his own net but without the offence, they are both liabilities with the icetime they get. As a fourth line, they’d be more than fine but Maurice plays them both out of their depth. And Tanev is clearly never coming close to 13 goals ever again.

Reactions: Ducky10

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Complacency has set in with Lowry, Schiefs also just as bad, neither work as hard as they did in past seasons!
I agree that we have observed serious complacency with both the eye test and underlying stats of a number of our players this year. Some key players do not seem to feel accountability compared to previous years. If this continues to carry over into the playoffs, then something will need to be done but it might be too early to pass judgement are this point.

Reactions: sipowicz

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
And after a hot (see: extremely lucky) period of games, Tanev has exactly one point, an assist, in his last 17 games. I’ll give it to Lowry that he still does a pretty decent job of keeping the puck out of his own net but without the offence, they are both liabilities with the icetime they get. As a fourth line, they’d be more than fine but Maurice plays them both out of their depth. And Tanev is clearly never coming close to 13 goals ever again.

Liability may not be the right word but we need a change. Can’t afford to have these guys not producing something. I’d like to split Tanev and Lowry but that’s fairly unlikely.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Liability may not be the right word but we need a change. Can’t afford to have these guys not producing something. I’d like to split Tanev and Lowry but that’s fairly unlikely.
To me you put Little with Frenchie and Roslovic as your 3rd line and Lowry back with Copp and Tanev as your 4th/checking line .

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00