Player Discussion Adam Larsson: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah, because that's really looking at things objectively.

You what didn't happen when we traded Taylor Hall?

We didn't implode like so many said we would.

A few fans seem to regret that not happening.

It was Hall's fault that the Oilers had a **** poor roster? Oilers imploded every year because they were bad. Look at the roster turnover. Look at the fact that these young players have had time to improve. Look at the fact that we have the best player in the world. Look at the fact that we have one of the best goalies in the league.

Hall didn't have Larsson. Hall didn't have the Klefbom we have now. Hall didn't have the best player in the world. Hall didn't Lucic. We could continue this nonsense. But Hall never had a team with this depth.

Hall is not the reason for the Oilers problems. Hall was one of the few bright points on the team. What the hell is objective in suggesting that Hall is the reason for the Oilers problems? Give it a rest. This whole narrative of Hall being the reason they lost and Larsson is the reason they're drastically improved now is a joke. I love that we have Larsson and I like how he plays. I enjoy watching him break up chances and physically dominate the opposition. I have hopes that he can improve his offensive production which will make him even more useful.

After Larsson's two goal game. Instead of celebrating idiots danced on Hall like he was the true problem. We have some truly horrible fans.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Do you have a source for Mclellan not liking Hall or Ebs?

Why keep asking for sources? You aren't going to accept anything but people saying Taylor Hall is great.

It's really weak to reply to other people's opinions by asking them to prove the unprovable. That doesn't really accomplish much.

How's this for something to think about? Edmonton absolutely wouldn't do a straight up Larsson for Hall trade now. New Jersey would at least have to think about it. No I can't provide a source or 'prove' that. Failure to accept the blindingly obvious by continually asking for proof is tiring.

Last edited:

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
Why keep asking for sources? You aren't going to accept anything but people saying Taylor Hall is great.

It's really weak to reply to other people's opinions by asking them to prove the unprovable. That doesn't really accomplish much.

How's this for something to think about? Edmonton absolutely wouldn't do a straight up Larsson for Hall trade now. New Jersey would at least have to think about it. No I can't provide a source or 'prove' that. Failure to accept the blindingly obvious by continually asking for proof is tiring.

So basically, I can make something up. Something completely unsubstantiated and force them to prove me wrong? It's, like, just my opinion ya know, but it's, like, also how I'm, ya know, gonna justify ******** on a guy and turning it into truth. If we're going to justify the trade we can do that by saying that we got ourselves a good defenseman.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
So basically, I can make something up. Something completely unsubstantiated and force them to prove me wrong?

You can, but if you'd like to continue along this path I'd suggest you take it outside of the Larsson thread. Unless you can shoehorn it into being about Larsson.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Funny how people always bring up that Hall is a locker room cancer despite no evidence. The guy had won everywhere he played up until coming here and then getting traded to NJ. Hall was the only one on the team for 3 years who gave it 100% every night, no matter how far out of the playoffs we were or how badly we were losing. In his last season here he took massive strides defensively and bought in to Mclellan's system. We were lucky to have him and to say that we'd be worse off with him is pure idiocy. If we had more players who had his compete level during those dark years he'd probably have a couple playoff goals under his belt by now. I wish him well in New Jersey and I'd love to see him lift a cup one day, he deserves it.

We were lucky to have him because he got us McDavid. I'm very convinced, both by watching and "word of mouth" that he hurt the team as a whole. I don't care if you don't believe it. He was a decent offensive player and good point producer with speed at his best. Most of his offensive tools were very overrated by a lot of people. You don't seem to understand putting up points does NOT necessarily mean you are a positive contributor to a team when there are many intangibles that you lack or have as negative assets that cause you to drag the team down so we are not going to agree. You can look at your stat numbers, advanced stats and what you think is a driver type player and see what you want. I'm telling you hall is like an ugly girl with a terrible personality with tons of make up on to fool those who can't see through it. You go and ask most Oilers players now and those in hockey ops with the team and if they are honest and candid they will tell you what they thought of Hall here and I promise you will hear what I've been telling you.

His effort level was also a bit of a fallacy too. He tried very very hard at certain points in games at certain parts of the ice on certain nights. It fools people who don't know what they are watching. I've seen on the NJ board that a few of them have been complaining about Hall's effort level this year. It doesn't surprise me. We are waaaaay better off with him not being on this team.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Exhibit A: 33 point improvement by the team overall and first playoff series in 11 years in first season after Taylor Hall.

Not enough evidence? Of course not... :shakehead

Exhibit B:

This was the defence to finish off last season (game#75)

Andrej Sekera - Mark Fayne
Darnell Nurse - Adam Clendening
Jordan Oesterle - Griffin Reinhart

vs.

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Russell
Davidson/Nurse-Benning/Gryba

Now which defence gives its team a chance to win, and which one is a raging tire fire?

If you swapped Hall for Larsson and did nothing else this team is still likely out of the playoffs. Look at NJ, they basically did just that. Larsson out, Hall in, plus a bunch of junk like Lovejoy too, and they're still stuck in square 1. If NJ had kept Larsson this year, odds are that team is still in the same spot.

The big difference isn't the lack of Hall; it's that Chai brought in Lucic to minimize the loss of Hall (Drai's development was a saving grace here), added Russell and Benning on top of Larsson, plus the team got a healthy season out of Klefbom, with either a one of Davidson or Nurse good to go at all times.

That's the difference.

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
You can, but if you'd like to continue along this path I'd suggest you take it outside of the Larsson thread. Unless you can shoehorn it into being about Larsson.

So this thread is essentially only for slandering Hall's claimed character issues and glorifying Larsson?

I do agree that it should be a thread about Larsson but the Hall discussion seems to have started by those ******** on Hall. I'm just attempting to provide a counter-point.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
So basically, I can make something up. Something completely unsubstantiated and force them to prove me wrong? It's, like, just my opinion ya know, but it's, like, also how I'm, ya know, gonna justify ******** on a guy and turning it into truth. If we're going to justify the trade we can do that by saying that we got ourselves a good defenseman.

After Larsson's two goal game. Instead of celebrating idiots danced on Hall like he was the true problem. We have some truly horrible fans.

That's a lot of anger there. Hall definitely wasn't the answer to any of the Oilers problems.

Chia made the bold moves that MacT foolishly talked about. Hall for Larsson was certainly a bold move. Had it not worked out and the Oilers were in the bottom five in the league this season Chia would have been in trouble. Chia decided that biggest piece of the puzzle to go was Hall. Chia may have preferred to keep Hall, but didn't consider him untouchable.

Pointing to the team's improvement with Hall isn't defecating on him. I think when Hall eventually figures it out he will be a very good 2LW on a Cup contender. For whatever reason he just hasn't been able to deliver in his career as the main star. Two different teams now. The results speak for themselves.

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
That's a lot of anger there. Hall definitely wasn't the answer to any of the Oilers problems.

Chia made the bold moves that MacT foolishly talked about. Hall for Larsson was certainly a bold move. Had it not worked out and the Oilers were in the bottom five in the league this season Chia would have been in trouble. Chia decided that biggest piece of the puzzle to go was Hall. Chia may have preferred to keep Hall, but didn't consider him untouchable.

Pointing to the team's improvement with Hall isn't defecating on him. I think when Hall eventually figures it out he will be a very good 2LW on a Cup contender. For whatever reason he just hasn't been able to deliver in his career as the main star. Two different teams now. The results speak for themselves.

Classic, Hall now a second liner after years of Oilers fans claiming he was top 3. One player does not make a team and that goes both ways.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
So this thread is essentially only for slandering Hall's claimed character issues and glorifying Larsson?

I do agree that it should be a thread about Larsson but the Hall discussion seems to have started by those ******** on Hall. I'm just attempting to provide a counter-point.

You don't need to white knight for Taylor. He can turtle from his own fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad