Player Discussion Adam Larsson: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
You can see how the trade went. You guys are in the playoffs and we are not. Last year we blamed not scoring as the reason we didn't make the playoffs and we only missed it by a little bit. This year we missed it by a lot and we have Hall and more scoring. You guys definitely won the trade.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Wanted to bump this thread to add that Breakway Pass by Larsson. Don't know about anyone else but I think Larsson's puck moving ability has hit another level in these playoffs. All series long he's been making crisp, quick, and smart passes to get the puck moving north. NJ fans said it was part of his game but I was left wanting more alot of the times during the regular season. Happy to see him finally showing off that skill.

His offensive zone activations have also been much improved in these playoffs. If he could add a bit more mustard to his shots maybe he still has the potential to hit those pre-draft offense expectations? I didn't think he could just due to the lack of quickness, but he's shown an ability to be real quick in the O-zone too recently as well. I still feel he breaks out in a big way and announces to the world that he's arrived in these playoffs.

Also. Nuge deserved an assist on that breakaway goal no?

Last edited:

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver

Wanted to bump this thread to add that Breakway Pass by Larsson. Don't know about anyone else but I think Larsson's puck moving ability has hit another level in these playoffs. All series long he's been making crisp, quick, and smart passes to get the puck moving north. NJ fans said it was part of his game but I was left wanting more alot of the times during the regular season. Happy to see him finally showing off that skill.

His offensive zone activations have also been much improved in these playoffs. If he could add a bit more mustard to his shots maybe he still has the potential to hit those pre-draft offense expectations? I didn't think he could just due to the lack of quickness, but he's shown an ability to be real quick in the O-zone too recently as well. I still feel he breaks out in a big way and announces to the world that he's arrived in these playoffs.

He was a solid puck mover as a prospect and I remember seeing some highlights in his rookie year where we displayed some skill. I think he focused on solid defence the last few years of his development, the ability to move the puck probably doesn't vanish.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
You can see how the trade went. You guys are in the playoffs and we are not. Last year we blamed not scoring as the reason we didn't make the playoffs and we only missed it by a little bit. This year we missed it by a lot and we have Hall and more scoring. You guys definitely won the trade.

Short term yes long term mo one knows for sure. Your team may get new good young players and improve around Hall.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Short term yes long term mo one knows for sure. Your team may get new good young players and improve around Hall.

Doesnt matter. This team has Pulu and Leon among others to fill the offensive void. As long as Larsson continues to grow defensively he is providing this team with precisely what they needed.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

I thought so?

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City

Adam Larsson's ability appears to be in his hockey IQ much more...and good stalwarts on D don't grow on trees, especially right-handed ones. Lou Lamoriello would have gotten a lot more for a player like Larsson.
C9FtyCOUMAAEPKJ.jpg

Some people are paid to score; others are paid to keep pucks out of the net. This guy doesn't even hockey :laugh: :lol: :biglaugh: Others called Larsson a passenger...well, the Oilers are in the playoffs with a round won largely because of Adam Larsson. How did that trade not cost more?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Definitely a sweet pass. A good show of offensive awareness by Larsson.

My favourite part though is Drai sticking his butt out into Braun and how Braun bounces off him and can't recover in time to do anything useful on Drai to stop his shot :)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Definitely a sweet pass. A good show of offensive awareness by Larsson.

My favourite part though is Drai sticking his butt out into Braun and how Braun bounces off him and can't recover in time to do anything useful on Drai to stop his shot :)

Brain also slides face first into the boards for his troubles :laugh:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Damn Bush league NHL. Wonder if there's a way to let them know or have them review that scoring play.

I got some bad news for you guys. That was Klefbom who blocked the shot not RNH, and Klefbom got credit for the assist. Louie screwed up on the call, but you can clearly see 77 on his jersey and McDavid, Caggiula, and Drai are on the ice along with Larsson meaning it was definitely Klefbom.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I got some bad news for you guys. That was Klefbom who blocked the shot not RNH, and Klefbom got credit for the assist. Louie screwed up on the call, but you can clearly see 77 on his jersey and McDavid, Caggiula, and McDavid are on the ice along with Larsson meaning it was definitely Klefbom.

Damn Bush league Louie Debrusk. Justice served I guess

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Heard an interesting comment the other day about Larsson.

Has fantasy sports started to hurt what fans view certain players can actually do? Wasn't just about hockey, but football too. A guy like Larsson in most fantasy leagues doesn't get you any points, so some fans can't see the value he actually brings.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Heard an interesting comment the other day about Larsson.

Has fantasy sports started to hurt what fans view certain players can actually do? Wasn't just about hockey, but football too. A guy like Larsson in most fantasy leagues doesn't get you any points, so some fans can't see the value he actually brings.

I could defintely see the fantasy angle in Football as it is huge thing.

In hockey I doubt it. I just think some people only look at points. And because he doesnt play on the pp, hes never going to get as many points. Also because he played in NJ and now on the west coast, hes not going to get much love.

Its sort of the same thing with Vlasic. When he was picked for his first olympics, I think people were just baffled by it. Think a lot of fans and media focus on points, but I think a lot of coaches arent as concerned about them (unless their team is losing).

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Looking at it again, it looks like Klefbom had the block, so maybe a botched call. But in that case, he should get the assist, right?

FYI: You could review the game recap and get the answers you're looking for.

Goal: Leon Draisaitl (1)
Assists: Adam Larsson (1), Oscar Klefbom (1)

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
I liked Taylor Hall, and I am a big fan but how many points would he have in a game like this tonight? God bless you Taylor still a huge fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad