Player Discussion Adam Larsson Part II - The Right Hand (Mod Warning Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah for sure. I agree with you there, professional hockey also carries with it far more system play and controlled positioning. Darnell can't get by purely on his athleticism and speed anymore.

This is why IMO he's best served playing in all situations in Bakersfield this season for at least half of the season. His decision making speed and gaining confidence with the puck at the pro level is all that separates him from being a 2nd pairing guy and a legit top 4 guy because he has the physical tools to be an outstanding defender. He just needs work in those two areas so that he reaches his potential.

Maybe some day. But I can see Larsson playing 25-28 minutes a game...Nurse isn't ready for that yet let alone playing against top comp.

Klef - Lars is the ideal top pairing IMO.

I think that they should be a great fit as well.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
Not sure I see Klefbom playing first pair to start the season. I think we will see something like

Sekera - Larsson
Klefbom - Davidson
Reinhardt - Fayne

to start the year

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
All depends on if Klefbom is looking good in camp. Keep in mind he has missed a lot of time. If Davidson comes into camp playing how he did to end the season, then he will be looking better than Klefbom ever has.

The potential is definitely there from Klefbom, but I have never seen him play the way Davidson did in his last 20 games here last season.

This is crazy talk.

I love Brandon Davidson but no, he's not as good as Oscar Klefbom. That stretch right before getting injured, Klefbom was our best defenceman and it wasn't really close.

The only question with Klefbom is his injury status. If he's healthy, it's not close.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
This is crazy talk.

I love Brandon Davidson but no, he's not as good as Oscar Klefbom. That stretch right before getting injured, Klefbom was our best defenceman and it wasn't really close.

The only question with Klefbom is his injury status. If he's healthy, it's not close.

I actually dont think that comment is that far fetched. Who knows with Davidson. Before going down he was playing extremely good and his offensive game was really coming around. To add to that he was a rock in D zone

His advanced stats were also 2nd on team behind Klefbom (small sample size alert) fwiw.

Ive learnt to not put limitations on Davidson. He could very well come to camp looking like Hjmarlsson. Just gotta see if it Niklas or Simon

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This is why IMO he's best served playing in all situations in Bakersfield this season for at least half of the season. His decision making speed and gaining confidence with the puck at the pro level is all that separates him from being a 2nd pairing guy and a legit top 4 guy because he has the physical tools to be an outstanding defender. He just needs work in those two areas so that he reaches his potential.

Exactly. I'd love to see Darnell get to play in the AHL in all situations next year. He'll be a major part of our future, we need to be thinking long-term with him.

I see Darnell as eventually being a stalwart on our 2nd pairing and playing a strong shut down role with a physical presence. Can't wait to see him play when he gets around 25ish and has fully matured into his man's body. He'll be a treat to watch and terrifying for opponents to play against.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I actually dont think that comment is that far fetched. Who knows with Davidson. Before going down he was playing extremely good and his offensive game was really coming around. To add to that he was a rock in D zone

His advanced stats were also 2nd on team behind Klefbom (small sample size alert) fwiw.

Ive learnt to not put limitations on Davidson. He could very well come to camp looking like Hjmarlsson. Just gotta see if it Niklas or Simon

Oh I don't doubt Davidson at all. I think he's a top four option going forward and I feel very confident in that.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=782127

People have to look at our injury report last year. We lost McJesus Nov6. We then lost Klefbom Dec 14 and then it was a domino effect of injuries. Klefbom by far was our best Dman and playing betwenn 25-30 mins a game. I am very surprised we didn't come in last.

IFwe don't have the injury bug of last year, I am predicting playoffs. Larsson and Klefbom are gonna be a dandy d combo. Trust me. I was pissed with giving up Hall, but something had to give. Goes to show you how bad MacT, Lowe and company were.

If we get injured again, I don't know what to say. I just suffered a stroke Aug 3 and have to keep my health in check. Don't know if heart or brain could handle another set-back. Go OILERS!

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

People have to look at our injury report last year. We lost McJesus Nov6. We then lost Klefbom Dec 14 and then it was a domino effect of injuries. Klefbom by far was our best Dman and playing betwenn 25-30 mins a game. I am very surprised we didn't come in last.

IFwe don't have the injury bug of last year, I am predicting playoffs. Larsson and Klefbom are gonna be a dandy d combo. Trust me. I was pissed with giving up Hall, but something had to give. Goes to show you how bad MacT, Lowe and company were.

If we get injured again, I don't know what to say. I just suffered a stroke Aug 3 and have to keep my health in check. Don't know if heart or brain could handle another set-back. Go OILERS!

Life insurance rates in the edmonton area must be above the national average.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Best of wishes for a full recovery.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

His offensive game was getting better, and he does have a big shot (so does Klefbom), but I'm not sure he'll ever have the offensive instincts or puck skills that Klefbom has. I think a healthy Klefbom could quite possibly become a 40 point Dman, while Davidson could be a very solid shutdown D who can add 10G and 25points.

I won't be surprised in the slightest if Klefbom becomes an elite #2 and Davidson a very good #3 in the future. The best part of that, in conjunction with Larsson, is that all 3 of them skate well, have good size, and can play physical, separate guys from the puck, and can handle the big cycle game that a lot of Pacific teams play.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
I stand by my statement.

I do love me som Daryll dexter though.

Dexter only lasted 1 term here. Now we r stuck with McNeil. Trudeau was here the other day and I got close to him. I had my Oiler jersey on and asked him if he was an Oiler fan. His response " No, I'm a Habs fan". Don't know if I will vote for him in next election now.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Dexter only lasted 1 term here. Now we r stuck with McNeil. Trudeau was here the other day and I got close to him. I had my Oiler jersey on and asked him if he was an Oiler fan. His response " No, I'm a Habs fan". Don't know if I will vote for him in next election now.

You should have asked him about the Subban trade.

Ministerial backpeddling on Subban.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
You should have asked him about the Subban trade.

Ministerial backpeddling on Subban.

I have a friend that works for the Habs. When PK was not named team captain, he wouldn't speak to anyone on the team for 3 months. HEADACHE!. Hab fans around this area are very happy they traded PK for Weber. Not so much in Montreal.

Which comes to this point. Why couldn't we get Weber?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I have a friend that works for the Habs. When PK was not named team captain, he wouldn't speak to anyone on the team for 3 months. HEADACHE!. Hab fans around this area are very happy they traded PK for Weber. Not so much in Montreal.

The Oilers? Because they don't have PK Subban.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015

The same reason we couldnt get PK Subban, we didn't have a #1 D to send back the other way?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

why Headache? Subban should have been named the captain.
The guy was the leader on ice.. wore his heart on his sleeve & produced physically and offensively.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Larsson is not a #1

hence the +++ ..

Larsson is a lot closer to a top pairing Dman than anyone else we had.

Not saying that it would have been worth it but MTL would certainly have preferred Larsson+Draisaitl+1st over Weber and his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad