Player Discussion Adam Fox

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Aho was never going to accept a challenge from trouba. The whole thing trouba said Is ridiculous, he should have ripped his head off in the corners or in front of the net. I get it was a one goal game and they wanted the two points, but your best player just left the game from a knee on knee play when he didn’t have the puck and fox was adimit it was done on purpose.
Trouba should have just caught him with his head down at the blue line and knocked him into next season so that Aho is not eating solid food and sleeping more than 3 hours a night for the next 6 months.

Retaliatory fights are dumb and rarely accomplish much. Retaliatory Scott Stevens style hits are 🔥🔥

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Is it a coincidence that a high-energy game like this results in a slew of injuries after a 5 game, 6000+ miles trip? The west coast/Canada teams we faced generally play in a very different manner. Like Seattle for example. Yet the tour itself is bound to put some extra strain on the bodies (and minds).

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Trouba challenged Aho. He refused.

See you on January 2.

———————————————————-

The scary part of the hit is straight on knee hit. I’ve seen that kind of hit before and it’s generally not good.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Fox is getting a second opinion right now.
If it was really bad he probably wouldn’t have been able to get up and skate off

Inthink this staff is being a lot more cautious with injuries too and would rather fox come back 100% than try to play through the injury

Most really bad knee injuries don’t have the guy getting up by himself and skating off

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If it was really bad he probably wouldn’t have been able to get up and skate off

Inthink this staff is being a lot more cautious with injuries too and would rather fox come back 100% than try to play through the injury

Most really bad knee injuries don’t have the guy getting up by himself and skating off

Was he able to put weight on his leg?

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
It's amazing how many NHL "pundits" call what Aho did an accident. I was listening to NHL radio on my lunch break today, they literally said Rangers fans should be happy and accept it because we are 8-2.

Fox wasn't anywhere near the puck. The puck was like 30 feet away, Aho wasn't even facing the puck/play, his back was to the play, he was facing Fox, he stuck his knee/leg out to trip up Fox who didn't have the puck. How the f*** is that not intentional, how is that a "part of the game" and acceptable. Moreover, how was it not called a penalty.

A player knee on knee another player, behind the play, away from the puck, wasn't even paying attention to the puck, and its acceptable? The intention was blatant and deliberate. That's a suspension worthy action. Fox is now out a month at least. Best case scenario.

The league bends over backwards to protect its stars. It would have torn down its foundations if that happened to Crosby 15 years ago. Now it's OK to deliberately blow out a knee of a top 2 defenseman in the league?

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
When we played the Ottawa Senators in the 2012 playoffs Brian Boyle put a big hit on Erik Karlsson. The next game Boyle basically got straight up assaulted away from the play. Ottawa won that game.

Take the penalty next game. It's the regular season. We meet this team in the playoffs often enough. They are a division rival.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I’m glad we’re beyond GG day by day nonsense, but I want a general idea please. Is this a month, or the season? I can only refresh twitter so often.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
Sebastian Ahole
the-sopranos-tony-soprano.gif

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
there is zero need to rush him.

Give him the full 4 weeks or whatever he needs. Even if he wasn't on LITR, I would want him to take the full 4 weeks.

What are you suppose to do? You get over penalized if you retaliate... and the league doesn't protect you... what would be the reaction from the league if that was Jack Hughes?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
No penalty, Aho doesn’t have to answer the bell, and our best player is out a month. Now when a Ranger breaks Aho’s ankle next time they play, no one should be surprised. I bet Brind’Amour will complain about that when it happens too.
wishing injury on someone isnt cool...

Fox will be alright and will come back swinging like he always does

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese