Player Discussion Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
So, how about that Adam Fox, huh. Guy's got one hell of a chin and a cool name to boot.

giphy.webp

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Holy shit I had no idea Jerek Deter is from Pequannock of all places.

I wish I liked baseball. Being a Yankees fan seems very different than being a Rangers fan. :laugh:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Holy shit I had no idea Jerek Deter is from Pequannock of all places.

I wish I liked baseball. Being a Yankees fan seems very different than being a Rangers fan. :laugh:
From Michigan. But they moved to jersey. I forget what age he was at the time, but I’m pretty sure I read he spent a lot of his childhood in Michigan

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
From Michigan. But they moved to jersey. I forget what age he was at the time, but I’m pretty sure I read he spent a lot of his childhood in Michigan

its the opposite...born in NJ and moved to Michigan when he was 4. apparently would come back during summers to visit grandparents and go to yankees games. went to HS in michigan and had a full scholarship to university of michigan. apparently houston was going to take him 1st overall but he told teams he wanted $1 mil bonus to not go to school and it scared teams away.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
its the opposite...born in NJ and moved to Michigan when he was 4. apparently would come back during summers to visit grandparents and go to yankees games. went to HS in michigan and had a full scholarship to university of michigan. apparently houston was going to take him 1st overall but he told teams he wanted $1 mil bonus to not go to school and it scared teams away.
Ahh thanks. I knew I remember reading he spent most his childhood in Michigan so that makes sense

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I assume I'm in the vast minority in that I'm super indifferent about whether Fox wins or not.

I'm not being snarky or anything, but I genuinely want somebody to give me an explanation here. Why does it matter?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Actually, as I think about it, I would have been pumped for Hank to get another Vezina. Or even for McDonagh to get a Norris, or Jagr to get MVP.

Perhaps I just personally haven't got the same connection to the team as I did a few years ago. Or maybe because we're not a competitive team, it feels hollow to me.

Carry on.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I assume I'm in the vast minority in that I'm super indifferent about whether Fox wins or not.

I'm not being snarky or anything, but I genuinely want somebody to give me an explanation here. Why does it matter?

A better question is why doesn't it matter? Sure we're bigger fans of the team and a cup is more important but we're also fans of individual players and this would be an insane accomplishment. It won't change your life but neither will a Stanley Cup. You'll still have to wake up in the morning and go to work and pay a mortgage.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The Athletic Hockey Staff of 42 represents about 14% of the Professional Hockey Writers Association. That’s significant.
Indeed.

I would be pretty surprised if he doesn't win it truthfully. Seems like people actually did pay attention this year and Hedman won't win on reputation.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Do those 42 writers each have a vote?

The article doesn't specify, but I doubt that they all have a vote. According to the article, the voting is changed for this year.

NHL awards for the 2020-21 season: McDavid, Kaprizov are clear winners, but new faces are up for hardware

The Professional Hockey Writers Association, which votes on a number of the awards, made temporary changes to its voting process this season to account for the fact there was no inter-divisional play. For a more equal distribution, the PHWA pulled 20 voters from each of the four divisions and 20 national reporters/broadcasters in an at-large category for a total of 100 voters. That evens the field a bit for the non-traditional markets because under the voting allocation last season, there would have been 82 voters from the North, 36 from the East, 20 from the Central, 18 from the West, 15 U.S.-based broadcasters and four from Europe.

Almost as good as a live show in Vegas, we present to you the winners as voted on by 42 hockey writers from The Athletic.

We'll probably see a lot of the division-based votes going to players in those divisions.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I have a feeling he's not even going to be a finalists. The clowns voting will hold him not being in the playoffs heavily against him.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he wins. I still think a lot of voters go with Hedman due to his team making the playoffs (which is a laughable explanation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad