Player Discussion Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Putting out L4 on that shift was an incredibly stupid decision. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

That's also how you know our L4 other than Kravtsov is terrible. The one thing good L4s do is forecheck and keep the puck in the other end. But this shit for brains took a bad angle shot the second he got on the ice and killed our possession.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
That's also how you know our L4 other than Kravtsov is terrible. The one thing good L4s do is forecheck and keep the puck in the other end. But this shit for brains took a bad angle shot the second he got on the ice and killed our possession.

lol I was so pissed at that

I'm not super anti Quinn but man that right there was a bad coaching decision. Your third line has them pinned and exhausted and there's plenty of time to get the 1st or 2nd line ready to go out but no he just rolls out the 4th line and they immediately screw it up.

There's imply no excusing that one, it was a bad coaching decision and I hope Quinn kicked himself over it later

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Doug Maclean - "To become a Norris trophy winner... I still think you got to be able to get it done at playoff time to move into that category" also added a bunch of nonsense on toughness and being mean. Then going onto say Carlson and Hamilton should be in the running because their teams are in 1st and the kids, Fox, Makar and Hughes get in line behind them until they've done the job at playoff time.

The tell was when MacLean said, "you talk about these names, like Adam Fox," because to him Fox is just a name. Most of the people voting have not watched Fox play very much. Some haven't at all. That's what he's up against.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey

I'm not super anti Quinn but man that right there was a bad coaching decision. Your third line has them pinned and exhausted and there's plenty of time to get the 1st or 2nd line ready to go out but no he just rolls out the 4th line and they immediately screw it up.

There's imply no excusing that one, it was a bad coaching decision and I hope Quinn kicked himself over it later
If the 4th line managed to score Quinn could brag about going with the big brain move. Going with Panarin or Mika's line is the obvious decision there but no credit would go to the coach if they scored. It's not like our 4th line drives possession like our 4th lines of the previous decade. What an idiotic momentum sapping move. Did anyone ask him about it after? They were probably yucking it up after the win, reminiscing about Laf's goal with Quinn like fan boys, asking some cheesy John Giaonnone softball open-ended question like what growth have you seen from Laf since he first came in, which just completes the premade article ready to be printed that they need a fill in the blanks cheesy quote for.

On topic, Fox is so great at stickhandling to buy time, and then finding the guy in prime scoring position. Kakko is good at the stickhandling part, but so far he seeks the 'easy' safe outlet after to keep the play moving. Eventually he'll find the prime scoring position guy more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off Sides

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

It was just such an obviously bad decision that you can't believe Quinn made it. It's like a mathematician adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5. He didn't need hindsight for it just a brain.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If the 4th line managed to score Quinn could brag about going with the big brain move. Going with Panarin or Mika's line is the obvious decision there but no credit would go to the coach if they scored. It's not like our 4th line drives possession like our 4th lines of the previous decade. What an idiotic momentum sapping move. Did anyone ask him about it after? They were probably yucking it up after the win, reminiscing about Laf's goal with Quinn like fan boys, asking some cheesy John Giaonnone softball open-ended question like what growth have you seen from Laf since he first came in, which just completes the premade article ready to be printed that they need a fill in the blanks cheesy quote for

If the 4th line scored it wouldn't have been a big brain move it would be like playing Russian roulette and getting shot just complete luck (or lack thereof).

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Fox is 4th in Total Points among all defensemen from 2019-21 with 89 PTS.

Fox, Adam, #23 (D) | 119 GP | 2529:07 TOI | 13 G | 76 A | 39 1A | 37 2A | 89 PTS

Also, not really important but Fox is 2nd in Takeaways (same criteria) with 90. Jaccob Slavin is 1st with 100 TK.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Oh, dude, forget 2019-21, this is from 1999-21...

upload_2021-4-29_20-7-31.png

20 f***ing seasons...

:laugh:

Min. 40 GP.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Well, shit, guys, I didn’t think about it this way:

View attachment 427847

Quick note: the argument that Fox doesn't deserve the Norris because of playing the Devils and Sabres is really, really stupid for Hedman advocates. The implication is that Fox has boosted his numbers by racking up points against weak competition.

Fox is PPG+ against every team in the East except NYI and BOS (two of the best defensive teams in the league). Hedman on the other hand is PPG+ against only 2 teams in the Central (CHI and FLA).

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Poor Hedman has to face such beastly teams like Detroit, Columbus, Chicago, a slumping Dallas, etc. If only his team could be in the subpar East division that has such a weak 4th team with Boston (that won the Atlantic division last season, ahead of Tampa). Yeah...

If Tampa would've wanted to swap places before the season I think NYR would've accepted, just to make Tampa's playoff race that much simpler, out of the goodness of their hearts.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad