Player Discussion Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
He didn’t get the minutes or match ups Trouba did this season, but he was our best defenseman. I was so impressed by him.

Playoff hockey is where someone like trouba and Lindgren can be real horses. I dont care if Trouba puts up points or is necessarily a plus player. He needs to make Aho and Svechnikov's lives miserable. Make them earn every inch of ice. Great players will find a way to score, but if you grind them down for the 20 minutes they are out there over the course a series it will make a difference.

That is how we won playoff games with McD and Girardi vs Crosby, Ovi, Malkin, co. Those guys put up points but boy did they have to grind out those points and in most series burnt out.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I wanted to trade him to the Blues for 1st rounder+

In a year where we were contending it makes no sense to trade a roster player for futures. In 2018, 2019, sure. But in 2014 it would have been the wrong move.

I feel the price for St Louis was steep, but the Rangers going for it is not something I feel bad about. The 2nd round pick we got in the Callahan trade was later used in the Yandle trade. It was clear the Rangers were ready to compete and go for it. A Cup final appearance, a President's Trophy and ECF appearance in the span of 12 months proves that they made the right call.

Coming up short doesn't make it a bad trade, just like winning the Cup in 1994 didn't make the deadline trades that season good trades.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
In a year where we were contending it makes no sense to trade a roster player for futures. In 2018, 2019, sure. But in 2014 it would have been the wrong move.

I feel the price for St Louis was steep, but the Rangers going for it is not something I feel bad about. The 2nd round pick we got in the Callahan trade was later used in the Yandle trade. It was clear the Rangers were ready to compete and go for it. A Cup final appearance, a President's Trophy and ECF appearance in the span of 12 months proves that they made the right call.

Coming up short doesn't make it a bad trade, just like winning the Cup in 1994 didn't make the deadline trades that season good trades.
We could have traded some assets for some other player to help fill the hole if we traded away Callahan.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
The top half represents the offensive zone, bottom half is the defensive zone, and the red/blue indicate the amount of shots attempted by the entire team from a given part of the zone while Fox is on the ice. The redder/darker, the more shots in that particular area, and the bluer/lighter is the opposite.

In the simplest terms, that chart indicates that when Fox is on the ice, the Rangers are getting a lot of shot attempts in good scoring areas while simultaneously giving up very few good shot attempts against, at least relative to the rest of the team.

This is a great explanation! I understand the chart fully now. Thank you! Damn Fox is a stud!

Reactions: Bozle

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Ah, that's sweet. How's he doing?
He's doing well. Coming over on Saturday to watch the playoff game with me. He's wearing his Ranger cape in this picture.
upload_2020-7-25_23-3-30.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad