Confirmed with Link: Adam Fox Named Finalist for Norris Trophy

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Perennial Norris caliber defenseman signed for sub 10M AAV until age 31. Chris Drury Masterclass?

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
did you just start watching hockey today? jesus christ I mean Marc Staal still exists

for f***s sake Trouba and Lafreniere are easily worse!
I said Fox is the worst skater ON THE TEAM. Staal isn't on the team. And no, Lafreniere is not a worse skater. He has more straight away speed.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Perennial Norris caliber defenseman signed for sub 10M AAV until age 31. Chris Drury Masterclass?

I mean the only reason it's affordable is because of the RFA years. But I give credit for management realizing early on that this kid was the real deal instead of waiting until he was 26 and then having to give him 8x13 taking him to 34 instead.

That said I hope he spends his whole career a Ranger. The most important piece on the roster right now. As I've said a couple times, maybe we lucked into him a little bit, but if we'd taken Fox 1st overall in the draft, no one would be disappointed. His success counteracts Lafreniere's failure.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Norris nominee notwithstanding he proper shit the bed in G7 vs the Debbies for that opening goal. Love the kid to tears but when he screws the pooch he really splits the thing open.

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Karlsson's year is genuinely one of the most inexplicable rebound seasons of all time, That dude seemed cooked, for years, and then he puts up 101 out of nowhere. Insane.

Anyway, Fox was better at defending people, which is a fairly important part of being a defenseman, so Fox is the best overall of the three, but Karlsson is winning, and I don't even mind.

People out of their minds thinking Fox doesn't deserve to be a finalist. Get it together.

This is an understatement.

Karlsson got dangled or walked around at least once a game or so. Fox might have gotten dangled once or twice in his career.

If you were a GM, i can't imagine how many if one would have taken Karlsson over Adam Fox if they were trying to improve their team heading into a post season.

But Karlsson will likely win it because of the offensive season and comeback story

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Norris nominee notwithstanding he proper shit the bed in G7 vs the Debbies for that opening goal. Love the kid to tears but when he screws the pooch he really splits the thing open.
Even Fox makes mistakes. In his case, I've already overlooked it considering how consistently good he's been outside that game.

I feel like he's still someone I want to have the puck when the game is on the line. He's still someone who can be the best player on the ice in the playoffs and can help win a cup.

In other words, he's still our guy. And it will take more than a bad game 7 to make me feel otherwise.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Was kind of surprised when I saw he was nominated. Not like he's undeserving though. It's Karlsson 100%, not exactly a secret.

Interested where Josh Morrisey & Brent Burns (lowkey great season) are ranked.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Karlsson should get it just because of his ridiculous point totals but honestly i think McAvoy should have been one of the three.

This fanbase is ridiculous sometimes. For years I watched Keith Yandle and Marc Staal fumble the puck at the blueline and lose possession, thinking if only we could control the puck at the blueline, we would score so many more goals. Now we have that guy and he's being torn down.

People need to get it together. Fox is unreal. All defensemen make mistakes, it's the hardest position in this league.
Fox is rediculously good, imo he plays too many minutes, there's basically no need of him on the pk.

Reactions: The Gloaming

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
I mean the only reason it's affordable is because of the RFA years. But I give credit for management realizing early on that this kid was the real deal instead of waiting until he was 26 and then having to give him 8x13 taking him to 34 instead.

That said I hope he spends his whole career a Ranger. The most important piece on the roster right now. As I've said a couple times, maybe we lucked into him a little bit, but if we'd taken Fox 1st overall in the draft, no one would be disappointed. His success counteracts Lafreniere's failure.
Oh, we 100% did. It's very telling that our best player is only on our team because he insisted on playing here after being drafted by Calgary and traded to Carolina.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Between this, and Mitch Marner's nomination for the Selke, I feel analytics are creeping into the voting more and more.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Would be nice if the Rangers could take some pressure off of him. Trouba is not the guy to do it. Fox is not a skating horse like Duncan Keith or Doughty were in their prime. Too many hard minutes for him.

Reactions: will1066

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
gonna maintain till i'm dead that Kreider played that worse. I saw what Fox was trying to do, it just massively backfired. Kreider had an easy chance to get the puck forward thanks to Fox winning the battle and he just........didn't.

Reactions: mike14

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lafreniere being a better skater than Fox is the take of the year. Thanks for coming out, everyone.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
How the f*** is Makar a finalist?

He is a great great player but is quickly becoming the most overrated in the league. “Best since Orr”.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00