Confirmed with Link: Adam Fox Named Finalist for Norris Trophy

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
As I said in the RBT he is a top 10 player in the NHL that we hold to an impossible standard. My one critique would be that he needs to play with a little more urgency going forward

Reactions: bl02

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Karlsson had a historic season. He should win it by default with the season he had. The other two are there because 3 finalists is the thing.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
As I said in the RBT he is a top 10 player in the NHL that we hold to an impossible standard. My one critique would be that he needs to play with a little more urgency going forward
I'd add that he needs to work on his skating. He's the worst skater on the team. He's the Derek Stepan of defensemen.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'd add that he needs to work on his skating. He's the worst skater on the team. He's the Derek Stepan of defensemen.
did you just start watching hockey today? jesus christ I mean Marc Staal still exists

for f***s sake Trouba and Lafreniere are easily worse!

Reactions: The Gloaming

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
download.png

I hope he gets in shape next year.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Out of shape, relying on talent too much. It’s a problem throughout the team

It's not out of shape, he's just never been a particularly good skater. We just tend not to notice it b/c he's got such great hockey iq he can be in the right places anyway b/c he anticipates where he needs to be. (compared to a guy like Skjei who could skate very well but had no idea where he was going while we had him)

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
Karlsson wins because the trophy always goes to whatever defenseman put up the most points. Fox does deserve it, though. Put the recent pain aside, and tell me if you can name a defenseman who played better over 82 than Fox.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This teams most important player and not even close. Sometimes the guy tried to do it all. He probably wore down at the end of the season/playoffs. Should have been given off a few nights late in the season but no we had ridiculous cap issues to fit in the Great one #2 (Panarin is the Great one #1).

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
This teams most important player and not even close. Sometimes the guy tried to do it all. He probably wore down at the end of the season/playoffs. Should have been given off a few nights late in the season but no we had ridiculous cap issues to fit in the Great one #2 (Panarin is the Great one #1).

They need to play him less on the PK and ES. Give him the full 2 on the PP. Profit.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It’s Igor

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
So well deserved, an absolute beast. Can’t wait to see him play another year next season.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Karlsson's year is genuinely one of the most inexplicable rebound seasons of all time, That dude seemed cooked, for years, and then he puts up 101 out of nowhere. Insane.

Anyway, Fox was better at defending people, which is a fairly important part of being a defenseman, so Fox is the best overall of the three, but Karlsson is winning, and I don't even mind.

People out of their minds thinking Fox doesn't deserve to be a finalist. Get it together.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
This fanbase is ridiculous sometimes. For years I watched Keith Yandle and Marc Staal fumble the puck at the blueline and lose possession, thinking if only we could control the puck at the blueline, we would score so many more goals. Now we have that guy and he's being torn down.

People need to get it together. Fox is unreal. All defensemen make mistakes, it's the hardest position in this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad