Player Discussion Adam Clendening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Getting scratched for Kampfer while Girardi and Klein are still hurt is the ultimate FU from AV.

He's done here.

Just by a quick show of hands, are any of AV's fanclub surprised that he still scratched the clear and obvious better option in Clendo, when it LITERALLY COULDN'T be more clear he was the better option?

Anyoneeeee?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Oh man, Brooksie excluding a major part of the quote that Tasch has...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/adam-clendening-rangers-reshuffle-lineup-article-1.2989956?utm_content=bufferf761b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=JTasch+Twitte

"I think the stat line, it looks worse than it actually was," Clendening said. "You get a bad bounce on the first one and it kind of snowballs from there. The next thing you know you see a dash-3 next to your name. It's a pretty easy target. At the same time I hope it's not a permanent thing, or just a wakeup call. I haven't really been talked to."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Getting scratched for Kampfer while Girardi and Klein are still hurt is the ultimate FU from AV.

He's done here.

Yep, and then he sort of publicly criticizes AV's decision not to play him tonight. He's done.

P.S. - This is not to say I disagree with Clendo. He's one of the only puck movers we have on the back-end and has done a good job on third pairing.

But when the coach obviously is not a fan, and then you complain to the press about his decision not to play you ... you're treading on dangerous ground. That's all I'm saying.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
We can make the smart decision and give Clowneault a nice ****ing severance and keep the good player, just a thought.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The way Brooks had to take cheap digs on the guy when he's down is a textbook example of why players hate him and have no respect for him.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
The good news is that it seems as though Adam has done enough to get an NHL contract next season: the bad news is that it doesn't seem like that contract will be with nyr.

Kampfer being put in 3 straight games while clendening sits. Hilarious. Av must really hate him.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
The good news is that it seems as though Adam has done enough to get an NHL contract next season: the bad news is that it doesn't seem like that contract will be with nyr.

Kampfer being put in 3 straight games while clendening sits. Hilarious. Av must really hate him.

It's so strange to me why AV just randomly picks guys to hate. Clendo, Yandle, Stempniak. All good players. All better than the replacements playing over them, or in Yandles case the wonder twins. It's just such an odd thing.

I truly believe with Stempniak a regular on the 4th line that year we get to the finals. Glass was such a detriment to that team.

Also the Yandle power play thing last year. WTF was that?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
It's so strange to me why AV just randomly picks guys to hate. Clendo, Yandle, Stempniak. All good players. All better than the replacements playing over them, or in Yandles case the wonder twins. It's just such an odd thing.

I truly believe with Stempniak a regular on the 4th line that year we get to the finals. Glass was such a detriment to that team.

Also the Yandle power play thing last year. WTF was that?

Prime PP minutes=Higher Contract AAV.

They did this with McDonagh before the long term deal.

Maybe they wanted to re-sign him somehow.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Prime PP minutes=Higher Contract AAV.

They did this with McDonagh before the long term deal.

Maybe they wanted to re-sign him somehow.

So you're telling me the Rangers purposely didn't put Yandle in the best place to succeed due to contract issues?

No, this is all on AV. And this happened even when they traded for him.

As for Clendo, it's also apparent that AV has a pure grudge against him for whatever freaking reason.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
So you're telling me the Rangers purposely didn't put Yandle in the best place to succeed due to contract issues?

No, this is all on AV. And this happened even when they traded for him.

As for Clendo, it's also apparent that AV has a pure grudge against him for whatever freaking reason.

Alright, he does control icetime and schemes.

Fair enough, he didn't want to win enough then. Let stupidity get in the way.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

When he scratched Buchnevich, he did the same thing. AV had Arniel tell him, he couldn't even do it himself.

I really feel bad for Clendening. I know its unreasonable to expect him to play when everyone's healthy, and he probably knew that. This was going to be his real chance, and AV takes it away playing Steve ****ing Kampfer, an average AHL'er.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Alright, he does control icetime and schemes.

Fair enough, he didn't want to win enough then. Let stupidity get in the way.

I don't think he doesn't "want" to win, but sometimes I can't shake the feeling that he'd rather be right than win, like that Canucks poster said over the summer.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
I don't think he doesn't "want" to win, but sometimes I can't shake the feeling that he'd rather be right than win, like that Canucks poster said over the summer.

Sounds familiar. I wonder if he posts on HF.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
So Clendening will be a RFA with arbitration rights, I have to wonder if the Rangers even qualify him.

I doubt he is going to sign the qualifier if offered, why would he?

If he takes them to arbitration he won't be awarded all that much but that also means the Rangers have no walk away rights if the hearing happens, maybe he's awarded more than they really want to pay. So why qualify him?

Why would he be eager to sign much of anything with the Rangers?

Could turn out to be a lost asset regardless of how valuable that asset is, because of coaching choices, which is odd, "right thing to do", I thought referred to giving the returning vet(s) playing time over McIlrath, which I guess does not apply to a player who waited as a 7th almost all year for the most part.

Little stuff and whatnot, but what's the point? So Kampfer can play, who will be a UFA, who may be re-signed, so he can play in the AHL again all year for the most part? I guess I see it as trading what could be a decent depth NHLer for a decent albeit underwhelming AHLer.

If they did trade Clendening, what are they going to get back, future considerations?

I don't get it, from an asset management point of view, none of it makes any sense to me.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I think they QO can be two-way, too.

Could be, if so less reason for him to sign,

but all the same is there any reason anyone can think of why they'd take what could be a NHL asset and turn it into nothing?

Even if they played him the 40 games this year, so he met the exposure requirements if re-signed, he'd have more value to some other team than someone who can not meet those requirements.

Kampfer has already been traded a couple times basically at future consideration value, I'd think they would try to some way get more out of Clendening whether through trade or just by keeping him as the depth 7th D even if they don't like him.

I'm really not too sure they have much of a expansion draft plan other than Vegas just takes who they take.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
We can make the smart decision and give Clowneault a nice ****ing severance and keep the good player, just a thought.

Your tired argument that Clendening might belong in the top 6 actually does have some merit.

Your insinuation here that Clendening is more valuable to the organization than Vigneault is just you going off the deep end yet again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad