Actors who hate each other

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm not quite sure what happened during the filming of the last Fast and Furious movie, but the fact that they seemed to go out of their way to not have Vin Diesel and the Rock on screen together suggests that rumours of them not getting along probably had some merit.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don't know if they actually hated each other, but Ian McKellan turned down the role of Dumbledore because he knew that Richard Harris didn't like his acting:

Harris once described McKellen, Derek Jacobi and Kenneth Branagh as "technically brilliant but passionless".

During a recording of a special episode of BBC interview show HARDtalk to mark its 20th anniversary, McKellen, best known for his portrayal of Gandalf, dismissed Harris's criticisms as "rubbish".

He added: "When he died, he played Dumbledore the wizard. I played a real wizard.

"I couldn't take over the part from an actor who I know disapproved of me."

Last edited:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Stephen Baldwin and Kevin Pollak - something random I remember from The Usual Suspects special edition DVD where they basically both talked trash about eachother, you can also pretty much see it in the movie they hate eachother

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Stephen Baldwin and Kevin Pollak - something random I remember from The Usual Suspects special edition DVD where they basically both talked trash about eachother, you can also pretty much see it in the movie they hate eachother

Thats funny. I can imagine trash talk in some live interview, but to see it on DVD...

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
  • In the "making of" documentary, both Stephen Baldwin and Kevin Pollak acknowledge that their long-standing feud with each other began on the set of this film. Though neither actor directly states what caused their animosity towards each other, Pollak does mention that Baldwin, in an attempt to stay in character as MacManus, would go around acting tough and sometimes bully the other actors. Baldwin does admit that he was bullying towards Pollak on film (their numerous "stand off" confrontations with each other on screen).

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Dreyfuss and Bill Murray also had a feud due to “What About Bob?”. Lucy Liu was also the reason Murray didn’t return for the second “Charlie’s Angels” movie.

Murray is a weird guy 24/7. I read that he didn’t say one word to Scarlett Johansson off camera on “Lost in Translation”

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
Piggybacking on the Jaws clip, the following video coincidentally popped up in my Youtube recommendations a couple of weeks ago (I watched it sans context of the on set drama between the two actors). It's a brief segment where Dreyfuss reflects on Shaw while Shaw's own granddaughter sits in the studio audience. Clip does not contain full interview:

Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Piggybacking on the Jaws clip, the following video coincidentally popped up in my Youtube recommendations a couple of weeks ago (I watched it sans context of the on set drama between the two actors). It's a brief segment where Dreyfuss reflects on Shaw while Shaw's own granddaughter sits in the studio audience. Clip does not contain full interview:

I saw the same clip a while ago. He said they met in the dressing room before the show.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com

I work for a minor league baseball team he’s part owner of in a city he has a home in. I’ve seen him be a very nice guy who will take time to take a photo with you and I’ve seen him being angry, drunk owner who isn’t happy with things and will be a huge sarcastic asshole until things are fixed.

After six years of it it’s to where you just kind of shrug off his presence. I was at Will Call dropping off tickets and turned around to see him behind me. You just shrug and move on. You don’t know if he’ll be in the mood to be celebrity or recluse so you just give a “Hey Bill” or “Hey Mr. Murray.” and move on (you’ll almost always get a hi back though).

If you’d have told six year old me who was obsessed with Ghostbusters I’d see Bill Murray so often that it wouldn’t phase me anymore he’d flip out so hard.

All of this said I like him. I’ve heard some personal stories so I feel for him and wish I could be his friend in all sincerity, but I’ll be happy to see him around and say hi.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad