Speculation: Acquiring Jesse Puljujarvi

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I still think JP has way more upside than Vesalainen. Vesalainen didn't exactly show much in KHL and I think JP has way better attitude.

JP has double hip surgery in March yeah let’s grab him, maybe get Ryan Callahan to well we’re at picking up damaged goods!

Reactions: TheGovernment

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Well to be fair... he IS a fourth liner with a 4M cap hit and huge discipline problems. On the contrary I think Jets fans are overvaluing their players once again. Perreault and Lowry are so overvalued by the fan base.

How is calling Lowry a legit 3c over valuing him? That's spot on

And saying "once again" is that a shot at Jacob Trouba? The position and the amount of points alone is worth more than the what the jets got in return. Nvm the person just those 2 things alone can get you good parts at tdl
Just trouba has much bs that lowered what the jets could get in return

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
To EDM: Roslovic & Perreault
To WPG: Puljujarvi & Russell

Personally I don't touch that deal. I don't move either JR or MP straight up for Pulju (well MAYBE MP, but that's only because of our cap situation as MP is vastly superior to Pulju), and I want nothing to do with Russel at 4 million for this year and next.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I like 8oa + Pulj + Bear for 20oa + Vesalainen + Stanley

We get our 2C at 8oa. Draft Dach, Couzens or Krebs. Take a reclamation project in Pulj and sign him to a low cost show me deal playing him on the third line and add a quality RD prospect that is near ready but has had injury issues.

Then you can move Ehlers, Connor or Laine for a top pair RHD. Here's an example:

upload_2019-6-21_13-16-21.png

That's about $2.5 under the cap if you think that Laine or Connor or Pulj will get more.

I want this to happen. If we do the Oilers trade I'm not as bent on getting a prospect C back and would also do a Sanheim for Ehlers trade.

Reactions: jetsforever

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Rumoured ask is a 2nd at the moment from the Twitterverse (not checkmarked authors though I think). I would think we would do it if Perreault ends up leaving in some way, shape, or form. I was pretty confident back in 2016 that Jets were super high on Puljujarvi if it wasn’t for Laine lighting up the two tournaments before the draft. @Joe Hallenback, I feel like you would know more than me on this or if they’ve soured on him since?

Reactions: GNP

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Call me crazy but I’d also take a chance on him if Perreault can be moved. 4M is just too much for the fourth line. The few times I’ve seen Puljujärvi play he’s looked good and if he pans out it’d be an absolute steal, and cheap as his first years in the league have been so bad.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Rumoured ask is a 2nd at the moment from the Twitterverse (not checkmarked authors though I think). I would think we would do it if Perreault ends up leaving in some way, shape, or form. I was pretty confident back in 2016 that Jets were super high on Puljujarvi if it wasn’t for Laine lighting up the two tournaments before the draft. @Joe Hallenback, I feel like you would know more than me on this or if they’ve soured on him since?

Everything I heard back at that draft was the Jets were really high on Puljujarvi,Tkachuk and Keller and they thought they were going to draft Tkachuk at 6. I think they believed before the lotto Edmonton was going to take Laine at 2,Canucks were going to take Juolevi at 3 and Columbus was giong to take Dubois at 4. Now they were high on Puljujarvi,Tkachuk and Keller at 6. They knew those were 3 they had at that spot and it would depend on who Calgary took. Of course we won and moved up to 2 and made it all moot but I have a feeling if things stayed the same Tkachuk would have been an Jet at 6.

Reactions: GNP and WPGChief

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

If a 2nd was the asking price, I'd do it. But like it was said, only if Perreault could be moved.

But, who knows? Edmonton might be looking for a 1st. Might be why he hasn't been traded yet.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
If a 2nd was the asking price, I'd do it. But like it was said, only if Perreault could be moved.

But, who knows? Edmonton might be looking for a 1st. Might be why he hasn't been traded yet.
Since they took him so high, it would be a bitter pill to swallow to take a second rounder for a fourth overall.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I highly agree this is the best destination for Jesse Puljujarvi, couldn't be better in fact. I think his game could turn right around here, but he might have to spend some time with the Moose.

I hope Comrie cuts it for Edmonton.

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Personally I don't touch that deal. I don't move either JR or MP straight up for Pulju (well MAYBE MP, but that's only because of our cap situation as MP is vastly superior to Pulju), and I want nothing to do with Russel at 4 million for this year and next.

And I want nothing to do with Perreault at $4.125M for two years. I feel Russell is a good defensive defenseman that way would be more impactful to our lineup than 85.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

McGuire on TSN690 says he would not give more than a 3rd RD pick for Jesse Puljujarvi.

Can't tell if this has changed, but when Puljujarvi and the Oilers were potentially thinking of moving him a couple of years ago, they wanted an equivalent value as to where they picked him.. IE a high 1st round pick.

As Holland told the Journal’s Jim Matheson: “I’m not giving a player away because they’re unhappy. No way. If I trade any player I have to get fair value or I’m not doing it. I’m not trading a player to get him out of my hair.”

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca

Since they took him so high, it would be a bitter pill to swallow to take a second rounder for a fourth overall.
Thats why in my original thought I would’ve sent Perreault and taken Benning back - but I can see if Holland is fine with “tanking” for one year to get another high draft pick and try to surround McDavid with good, young ELCs after Chia’s expensive signings expire. That’s a tough trade to navigate as you try to dig deeper into what Edmonton truly wants.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I highly agree this is the best destination for Jesse Puljujarvi, couldn't be better in fact. I think his game could turn right around here, but he might have to spend some time with the Moose.

I hope Comrie cuts it for Edmonton.

I have a hard time thinking JP gets through waivers to get to the Moose. Teams might not be lining up to spend a lot to get him, but crappy teams at the top of the waiver order would surely take him for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad