Speculation: Acquiring Jesse Puljujarvi

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Today Jesse Puljujarvi's agent stated that Jesse has requested a trade from Edmonton. Winnipeg's last reclamation project was goaltender Laurent Brossoit who exceeded expectations. In a buy low situation, I was wondering what people thought of acquiring him in a low risk trade giving up minimal assets.

Personally, I would do it as I have always believed that a player was drafted so high based on skill which they aren't going to exactly lose. Winnipeg would be a great place to develop him as he would have a preseason opportunity to play alongside Patrik Laine who they probably have had strong past chemistry which could benefit Laine in a best case scenario. More realistically he could play in the AHL to fine tune his game and earn a callup if his game improves. Edmonton has done a poor job for years developing talent and in several cases flourished elsewhere.

Please be cordial. If you absolutely disagree you are not obligated to comment.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
For the right price I'd be interested, especially if Chevy trades Ehlers for Pesce.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
For the right price id consider it but we already have a surplus of wingers and he isn't at all a priority for me.

Also would we even be the best org for him. He'd have to beat out 5 or so players to get the type of role he's looking for.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
For the right price id consider it but we already have a surplus of wingers and he isn't at all a priority for me.

Also would we even be the best org for him. He'd have to beat out 5 or so players to get the type of role he's looking for.

Basically this

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Agreed

Not sure if we should be doubling down on more Finn’s.......Laine is already a concern. The guy better get his back handled & train hard this summer......not just ice cream & vid games

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Interesting, I wonder a change of scenery and fellow countrymen would help him out of his slump that is the oilers team.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
I’m interested in it as I believe there was some twitter post that said he had a pretty damn good chance at rebounding regardless of his previous two years. Odds are still against him, but worthwhile to look at.

Given that it’s a third forward they’re looking for, wonder if maybe they’d be interested in Perreault + a decent prospect, maybe Lipon? Or 2021 2nd or 2020 3rd... For Puljujarvi and another cap hit back to bury in the minors, maybe Brandon Manning?

I’m not that evens out to the potential of Puljujarvi though... not to mention everyone hates Perreault right now even though he shouldn’t be regarded as such.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I’m interested in it as I believe there was some twitter post that said he had a pretty damn good chance at rebounding regardless of his previous two years. Odds are still against him, but worthwhile to look at.

Given that it’s a third forward they’re looking for, wonder if maybe they’d be interested in Perreault + a decent prospect, maybe Lipon? Or 2021 2nd or 2020 3rd... For Puljujarvi and another cap hit back to bury in the minors, maybe Brandon Manning?

I’m not that evens out to the potential of Puljujarvi though... not to mention everyone hates Perreault right now even though he shouldn’t be regarded as such.

I don't think you're trading for potential after 3 years pro in North America, you're trading for his value today. Chances are he ends up being unqualified next off-season if he doesn't turn it around immediately.

I'd deal Perreault for him straight up, maybe swap mid-late round picks in a way that's beneficial for Edmonton (ie a 4th for a 5th or something along those lines).

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I dont think hes a NHL player but I wouldn't pay any more than they got for Yakupov, conditional 3rd. The guy seems to have nothing between the ears.

What's the deal with this guy? It's not like he didn't get playing time, if anything it was waaay too much playing time at the NHL level. He had every chance to succeed with a team desperate for a winger. He's got a chance to start fresh in Edmonton with a new coach and new GM and still he wants a new team? Does McDavid hate the guy or something?

Reactions: Huffer and BigZ65

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't disagree with a trade like this in principle but we know that there are "ruffled feathers" in the Jets locker-room. Do you want to bring another guy who clearly has had his feathers ruffled into a locker-room like that? I don't know if that's a positive situation either for the Jets or for Puljujarvi. The Jets need to sort out the ruffled feathers in that locker-room before they can hope to have success with reclamation projects like this.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad