Speculation: Acquiring Jesse Puljujarvi

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
It would appear that Oilers fans would be interested in Roslovic for Poolparty. Or part of some package like that.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
From the little I saw him play, I liked the way he skated out there. He was also rated very high by scouts in junior. He also get's along great with fellow countymen like Laine.

He could be a diamond in the rough -- so I'd trade them Perrault, or a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and hope he turns out. He was good at one time, and likely just needs some confidence.

If he wants out of Edmonton -- I'd roll the dice on him if I was Chevy, and it could turn out to be a "big acquisition" for little cost.

I wouldn't give up someone like Roslovic though -- more someone we don't want anymore --like Perrault, who's costing big money $$$ We could also maybe get him with a 3rd round pick -maybe a 2nd ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
From the little I saw him play, I liked the way he skated out there. He was also rated very high by scouts in junior. He also get's along great with fellow countymen like Laine.

He could be a diamond in the rough -- so I'd trade them Perrault, or a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and hope he turns out. He was good at one time, and likely just needs some confidence.

If he wants out of Edmonton -- I'd roll the dice on him if I was Chevy, and it could turn out to be a "big acquisition" for little cost.

I would give up someone like Roslovic though -- more someone we don't want anymore --like Perrault, who's costing big money $$$ We could also maybe get him with a 3rd round pick -maybe a 2nd ??

From some Oilers fans I just spoke with, a 2nd might be enough. Or maybe a 2nd + Perreault.

EDIT: For these kinds of costs, I'd look at getting Jesse. Good chance he could turn it around. Even if we don't need more wingers.

Might also make it easier to trade a winger for a D or C.

Reactions: GNP

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have probably never been more wrong about a prospect. I absolutely loved Puljujarvi as a prospect. He was money at the U18’s and also great at the World Juniors as a 17 year old. I was convinced he was going to be a sure fire star talent at the NHL level.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I have probably never been more wrong about a prospect. I absolutely loved Puljujarvi as a prospect. He was money at the U18’s and also great at the World Juniors as a 17 year old. I was convinced he was going to be a sure fire star talent at the NHL level.

In fairness to you he did go to an organization that has messed up a lot of careers. Had he gone elsewhere you probably would have been bang on.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It would appear that Oilers fans would be interested in Roslovic for Poolparty. Or part of some package like that.
Don't know if I'd want to go Roslovic who has developed to a much further extent. I'd do matty P as the future reward could be well worth it and we aren't likely to get much more than a mid round pick to clear his cap space.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Don't know if I'd want to go Roslovic who has developed to a much further extent. I'd do matty P as the future reward could be well worth it and we aren't likely to get much more than a mid round pick to clear his cap space.

Still, Roslovic hasn't impressed me too much, that I might still be ok with trading him. But then, I do suck evaluating talent :laugh:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Roslovic is there to get Bear.
Roslovic > Bear
Spacek < Puljujarvi
Roslovic + Spacek = Bear + Puljujarvi

The main point is getting Bear, but I’d also like to see what Puljujarvi will do in a change of scenery before I write him off.
He might just need to get out of Edmonton.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Actually, this has me slightly interested a bit. Let's do a test?

mDMTilj.png

A GM comes to you and says that he'll trade one of these players for Perreault, but you have to take back a cap dump so it all evens out in the end. Say you accept the deal - in what order of preference would you trade for these players? (Obviously, one of these is Puljujarvi.) Take the poll and I'll share the results later!
Alright, looks like I only got 4 votes on the poll and 3 votes from the forums, and its been a few hours already so I'll call it. Final results:

1. Player C - 1.57
2. Player B - 2.14
3. Player A - 2.71
4. Player D - 3.57

I'll admit I committed a bit of tomfoolery here. Congratulations to 4 of you who voted Player C as the best player to trade for - you voted to just trade Perreault for Perreault. The cap is damned and thus you wanted the best player available, which was Perreault who had the top offense and top defence at even-strength.

The part I was more interested in was the other three, mostly between A and B. I probably should have added another poll to ask which one you thought was Jesse Puljujarvi, but I thought it might have influenced your choice in rating the 4 players here. Between A and B, each of them received one 1st place vote, but player A received two 4th place votes. Player A was indeed Jesse Puljujarvi - somewhat dangerous offense, equally dangerous defence. Again, a little bit more of tomfoolery: Player B was none other than his most common linemate, Milan Lucic, who fits the bill of somewhat tighter defence and not afraid of going to the front of the net, though taking less shots in general and a bit worse in shooting (and sucking it up on the power play). Of course, one is worth a projected $1.3m for 2 years and the other has 4 years remaining at $6m, and Lucic only just comes out ahead of JP and is also 10 years older.

I had a bit of fun with Player D - that's none other than Brandon Tanev.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Roslovic is there to get Bear.
Roslovic > Bear
Spacek < Puljujarvi
Roslovic + Spacek = Bear + Puljujarvi
This seems like a reasonable proposal. A little concerned that Bear has dropped back as a prospect, but it is such a hard thing to truly know with young defenseman.

Reactions: BatVader

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Alright, looks like I only got 4 votes on the poll and 3 votes from the forums, and its been a few hours already so I'll call it. Final results:

1. Player C - 1.57
2. Player B - 2.14
3. Player A - 2.71
4. Player D - 3.57

I'll admit I committed a bit of tomfoolery here. Congratulations to 4 of you who voted Player C as the best player to trade for - you voted to just trade Perreault for Perreault. The cap is damned and thus you wanted the best player available, which was Perreault who had the top offense and top defence at even-strength.

The part I was more interested in was the other three, mostly between A and B. I probably should have added another poll to ask which one you thought was Jesse Puljujarvi, but I thought it might have influenced your choice in rating the 4 players here. Between A and B, each of them received one 1st place vote, but player A received two 4th place votes. Player A was indeed Jesse Puljujarvi - somewhat dangerous offense, equally dangerous defence. Again, a little bit more of tomfoolery: Player B was none other than his most common linemate, Milan Lucic, who fits the bill of somewhat tighter defence and not afraid of going to the front of the net, though taking less shots in general and a bit worse in shooting (and sucking it up on the power play). Of course, one is worth a projected $1.3m for 2 years and the other has 4 years remaining at $6m, and Lucic only just comes out ahead of JP and is also 10 years older.

I had a bit of fun with Player D - that's none other than Brandon Tanev.

Hmm, I just voted a couple of minutes ago (didn't cheat) so I guess I didn't make your tally but I went CBDA. So clearly I like Perreault and didn't know it, and I dislike Pulju and did know it. :laugh:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
No room for Pool Party. He wouldn’t flourish piddling around the fourth line. Whose spot do you give up in the Top 9?

I think other team’s would have better opportunities.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
From some Oilers fans I just spoke with, a 2nd might be enough. Or maybe a 2nd + Perreault.

EDIT: For these kinds of costs, I'd look at getting Jesse. Good chance he could turn it around. Even if we don't need more wingers.

If that is the actual cost, Chevy should be all over this!

Cato

Apr 22, 2019
I would pass.

He is a RW. So is Laine and Wheeler. Puljujarvi probably needs to play with a good 2C (which we lack and Edmonton has ). This is classic Oilers - bringing on a European player too fast. The result is a disaster. Right now the Oilers will get nothing for him. Yakupov was the #1 pick. That train wreck ended up in the Oilers getting a conditional 3rd round pick and a low end prospect.

I don't think he is the right fit for Winnipeg at this time. I wish him well as he is a good player. He is only 21. A year or two in Europe may do him some good.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I would pass.

He is a RW. So is Laine and Wheeler. Puljujarvi probably needs to play with a good 2C (which we lack and Edmonton has ). This is classic Oilers - bringing on a European player too fast. The result is a disaster. Right now the Oilers will get nothing for him. Yakupov was the #1 pick. That train wreck ended up in the Oilers getting a conditional 3rd round pick and a low end prospect.

I don't think he is the right fit for Winnipeg at this time. I wish him well as he is a good player. He is only 21. A year or two in Europe may do him some good.

Laine is a LW.

JP would do well here in my opinion, he could learn from players like Scheifele.

I don't see players learning much from McDavid, he's just on another level and most can't get there.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
This needs to happen, there is a lot a lot of other trades edmonton and winnipeg can do, great trading partners.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

For that price I'd also be very interested. Looks like most of us if not all of us are. Call him, Chevy!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad