Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
By strange I mean this quote ..
@AdamVingan: There seems to be this "healthy scratch to top-line wing" thing going here. Wilson, Chimera, now potentially Burakovsky. #Caps

I think it's because Trotz doesn't want to break up the rest of the lines. I think he will if Bura doesn't play well there.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Oh, hell to the yeah!

Not that there will necessarily be overall chemistry top line chemistry, at least right away, but it's about f'ing time you take a look at what some of your most skilled players can do together!

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Well, if there ever was a game where you could try that, this is it.

Florida in VC. They are team that doesn't score over 2 goals in a game but also are very stingy defensively. Hopefully it works and we'll see something other than the usual low-scoring snoozefest ending in OT/SO.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Rather see Kuznetsov there for an extended look than Bura. I think Bura plays better at C than Kuz does. Not to mention you're putting Bura on his off wing whereas Kuznetsov would be playing in his proper position at RW. Either way at least one of the kids is getting a look with 8&19 so I'm pleased.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
@alex_prewitt: Trotz floated the possibility of sending Peters to Hershey for a couple games to shake the rust off before he started with the Caps again.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
True story... Shouldn't have to send down your NHL backup goalie to shake rust either though. Either he's a NHL quality back up or not. If he's not then ...

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Don't remember hearing who you would target? Or are you of the mind that the team is good "as is"?

Vermette has been on my list. He's the one that makes the most sense to me. I recently asked if Pavalski was really going to be available and the consensus was no.

Vermette is going to get traded.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Vermette has been on my list. He's the one that makes the most sense to me. I recently asked if Pavalski was really going to be available and the consensus was no.

Vermette is going to get traded.

I agree I think Verm would fit like a glove as well, hes a trotz kinda C. Question is who would you move for him, is he worth the price really.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
True story... Shouldn't have to send down your NHL backup goalie to shake rust either though. Either he's a NHL quality back up or not. If he's not then ...

read trotz a different way. he is not comfortable using peters since its been so long since he's played a game.

as for this being a bad time for grubauer to get hurt, its only bad for grubs. its perfect for trotz if he wants to get peters a couple games when holtby would be starting anyway.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I agree I think Verm would fit like a glove as well, hes a trotz kinda C. Question is who would you move for him, is he worth the price really.

Arizona will want futures. the caps have lots of good futures to land a player like that.

The question is whether Kuz plays well enough to demand the ice time.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I would do backflips if we could get Hendy for Chimera, but why does Edmonton do this?

Though Chimera has been relegated somewhat to the 4th line of late, for the most part he has been a third liner for the Caps during his time here. Last night apparently the Oilers went with Matt Fraser as their LW on the third line. Chimera would be an upgrade for them on the third line at LW. Though Chimera's getting paid about 150,000 more than Hendricks, Hendricks has two more years after this season on his contract while Chimera only has one, so a bit of a cost savings as well for the Oilers.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Agreed to this on the main boards. Thoughts?

To Washington:

Nick Bonino
Radim Vrbata

To Vancouver:

Madison Bowey (stays in Juniors this season)
Marcus Johansson
John Erskine (salary dump)
Jason Chimera (salary dump)
Washington's 2015 first round pick.
At the draft, Vancouver's choice of either Washington's 2015 third round pick or Washington's 2016 second round pick.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Agreed to this on the main boards. Thoughts?

To Washington:

Nick Bonino
Radim Vrbata

To Vancouver:

Madison Bowey (stays in Juniors this season)
Marcus Johansson
John Erskine (salary dump)
Jason Chimera (salary dump)
Washington's 2015 first round pick.
At the draft, Vancouver's choice of either Washington's 2015 third round pick or Washington's 2016 second round pick.

Vancouver isn't rebuilding. No reason they'd do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad