Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Who does Atkinson actually replace?

He's defensively, offensively and just all around worse than Ward and Brouwer. Team toughness attitude gets thrown out of the window if Wilson is replaced with a midget, and Beagle has more ESP's this season than Atkinson.

Assuming he'd be available for next to nothing, i wouldn't mind him replacing Burakovsky on the press box as a good injury insurance.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Trade Chimera to Edmonton for Matt Hendricks. Fourth line LW for Fourth line LW. Just see Hendricks being more of a Trotz player and looking through some comments from last season Trotz had some positive things to say about him. His being traded last season had nothing to do with Trotz, but rather Poile needing a goalie (Dubnyk) due to Rinne being injured.

Salaries are comparable, Chimera 2 mil with one year remaining while Hendricks 1.85 with two years remaining after this season. Chimera would be going home (Edmonton boy) to the team he began his career with. We need the paralyzer to take some of the load off of Wilson as well as for his shootouts!

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Who does Atkinson actually replace?

He's defensively, offensively and just all around worse than Ward and Brouwer. Team toughness attitude gets thrown out of the window if Wilson is replaced with a midget, and Beagle has more ESP's this season than Atkinson.

Assuming he'd be available for next to nothing, i wouldn't mind him replacing Burakovsky on the press box as a good injury insurance.

Not watch the guy much, I take it? I'd have Atkinson over Brouwer or Johansson any time. He plays with more energy and tenacity than the two combined. And he plays quick, which is something we're dearly lacking. I couldn't care less about his size.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Trade Chimera to Edmonton for Matt Hendricks. Fourth line LW for Fourth line LW. Just see Hendricks being more of a Trotz player and looking through some comments from last season Trotz had some positive things to say about him. His being traded last season had nothing to do with Trotz, but rather Poile needing a goalie (Dubnyk) due to Rinne being injured.

Salaries are comparable, Chimera 2 mil with one year remaining while Hendricks 1.85 with two years remaining after this season. Chimera would be going home (Edmonton boy) to the team he began his career with. We need the paralyzer to take some of the load off of Wilson as well as for his shootouts!

I would do backflips if we could get Hendy for Chimera, but why does Edmonton do this?

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Yes please

@alex_prewitt: Caps rushes today, first-line Burakovsky edition: 65-19-8, 90-92-20, 21-16-42, 25-83-43, 17-46-43. Extra guys, so Wilson going twice.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Yeah I don't like the Latta being scratched thing. Trotz and BMac need to get that 4th line set...shipping out Chimmer would be a nice start.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Not watch the guy much, I take it? I'd have Atkinson over Brouwer or Johansson any time. He plays with more energy and tenacity than the two combined. And he plays quick, which is something we're dearly lacking. I couldn't care less about his size.

Yeah i think i've seen enough...and you just described Chimera.

He has 9 points on the ES this season which is less than what Beagle has and same amount as Wilson has in ~10 less games. He doesn't take Brouwer's spot on the PP because he has worse shot, and Brouwer is superior FO guy. Describing him as potential 30G guy is ridiculous, and on this Caps team where he doesn't crack the PP1 unit, i don't see him reaching even 20.

I don't know how he's any better player than Johansson but that's not relevant because Atkinson is RW.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Yeah i think i've seen enough...and you just described Chimera.

He has 9 points on the ES this season which is less than what Beagle has and same amount as Wilson has in ~10 less games. He doesn't take Brouwer's spot on the PP because he has worse shot, and Brouwer is superior FO guy. Describing him as potential 30G guy is ridiculous, and on this Caps team where he doesn't crack the PP1 unit, i don't see him reaching even 20.

I don't know how he's any better player than Johansson but that's not relevant because Atkinson is RW.
I didn't describe Chimera at all. Chimera doesn't play with a ton of energy or tenacity, nor does he play a "quick" game. Atkinson's also noticeably more skilled. He's a water bug type.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
I agree, I wonder if this means Kuzy is the new 2C or a 2C will now be obtained.

He's been playing great the last couple of games. He doesn't look as lost as he did in the defensive zone as he did early on. I think it makes more sense to put him at C and Bura at RW if Bura works out with Ovi and Nicky. I wouldn't be surprised to see Beagle on that line by the third period of tomorrows game.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
@alex_prewitt: Actually let's say Ovechkin-Backstrom-Burakovsky. Either way, 19-year-old WC scratch is up top.

Hmm yes this has been strange. I guess he's trying to spark someone. No one wants it bad enough.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
By strange I mean this quote ..
@AdamVingan: There seems to be this "healthy scratch to top-line wing" thing going here. Wilson, Chimera, now potentially Burakovsky. #Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad