Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Why pay a king's ransom for Yandle when we could just keep Green? The powerplay would have to be reworked to accommodate Yandle as a LHD, as well.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yandle has only 1 more goal and 1 more assist in that span. Even with the health advantage for Yandle, the difference is not worth the cost of acquiring Yandle. Doubly true once you consider Yandle doesn't fit on the Caps powerplay (where 11 of his 18 points this season come from).

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Anybody know anything about Jeremy Morin? Seems to be another change of scenery opportunity and could be a cheap addition. I see he plays LW

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Boston is rumored to want more big bodies and RW. Maybe a fit there for Brouwer. Don't know what they would send back that would interest Washington.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Boston is rumored to want more big bodies and RW. Maybe a fit there for Brouwer. Don't know what they would send back that would interest Washington.

Patrice Bergeron :naughty:

Both teams are at the cap, so a trade between the two would have to be completely salary neutral. I don't see it.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Wouldn't mind putting in a claim for Brunner, though he's a natural left-off-winger.

The $2.5M cap hit is what scares me off. I also don't really see where he fits, currently. If Trotz was willing to load a line with finesse guys, I'd rather just have him put Burakovsky or Kuznetsov on the wing than spend $2.5M on Brunner.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
LONG LIVE ROMAN NUMERICAL THREAD COUNT.

-The-red-light-Funny-MEME-GIF.jpg

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Starting to see articles that Galiev is tearing up the AHL and debates on if he'll get any call ups this year, look at his stats and he's got something like 5 points in 14 games. Is that wrong, or are people really blowing up over 3 or 4 games...?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
People are going nuts over a few games. If we can't find icetime for Kuznetsov and Burakovksy, Galiev doesn't have a prayer.

CapsJunkie

Beaglchuck scores
May 3, 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
Starting to see articles that Galiev is tearing up the AHL and debates on if he'll get any call ups this year, look at his stats and he's got something like 5 points in 14 games. Is that wrong, or are people really blowing up over 3 or 4 games...?

I dont know the full story on him, but it sounds like he was scratched 7 out of 10 games. Then Galiev came back and scored goals in three straight games, and then another two so far tonight. Management sounds like they have been calling him their hottest finesse player

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009

He's scored in 4 straight which is nice. Mainly I believe the stories are mostly because the beat writers don't have much to write about

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009

I rooted for Galiev for so long. I think his window has closed. There is just to many guys for him to pass to get a spot. But if he keeps playing well he may be a B level chip in a trade.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I rooted for Galiev for so long. I think his window has closed. There is just to many guys for him to pass to get a spot. But if he keeps playing well he may be a B level chip in a trade.

I dunno about that. If Trotz wasn't in love with 2 bottom grinding lines, we could easily run something like

65 - 92 - Galiev/98 (I think that's his number).

Give you a third possible scoring line, give them cake minutes, and let them flourish some. Issue is one of Bura or Kuzya apparently HAS to be a Center and there's no way he'd give a 4th line like that any real time on the ice. :/

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Three rookies. Easily? Ok

Which is the entire point of them being a 4th line. On top of that, Kuzya is a special case. You give them marshmellow starts and they'd probably be able to make some things work for themselves.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Talented, only 24 (almost 25), 19g/51 pts last season...lots of upside still I think is what most are thinking.

24g/ 48pt pace this season. He's someone who catches my eye every time I see Arizona play.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

I wrote about his game tonight over in the Hershey thread. Troy Mann claims that if Washington called and was looking for a top 6 type player that Galiev would be the choice. The kid has all the credentials (Great vision, NHL hands, fast skater, quick shot) it's more about the mental game for him at this point. He's gaining confidence and could be a potential late bloomer. Remember, Stan was very limited last season after taking a high hit that injured his shoulder I believe. I think I also read or saw an interview that claimed he added like 15lbs of muscle over the summer and came to Washington early to work with the strength coach.

I hope he keeps it up. Kid is playing with a lot of confidence.

Burakovsky95*

Talented, only 24 (almost 25), 19g/51 pts last season...lots of upside still I think is what most are thinking.

24g/ 48pt pace this season. He's someone who catches my eye every time I see Arizona play.

He also tends to score big goals. Plays a really solid defensive game and can put up 20 goals and 50 points? I'd be all for a trade to grab him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad