Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXXV: Trotzyism in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It's been quoted that Trotz wants to play an up-tempo in your face kind of game. (like the kings.) Can anyone picture Mojo making the cut in LA? Uh, doubt it. He's way way too soft.

I wish him the best, and I hope he gets better, but he's nothing special.

up tempo. in your face? oates said that. did trotz actually say that?

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
up tempo. in your face? oates said that. did trotz actually say that?
Troy Mann talking about style for Hershey and DC.

He wants to push the pace, he wants to play an up-tempo style, he wants to go after the puck. When you don’t have the puck, you want to make sure you’re getting back as fast as possible. I think that’s my philosophy as well. Just meeting Barry for the first day, I think we’re on the same page when it comes to how we feel the game should be played to be successful.â€

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/c...nd-hershey-bears-plan-to-run-similar-systems/

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
Helm, Franzen and small plus would IMO be a nice return for Green and MoJo.

If they then could deal Brouwer+ for Plekanec, sign a 3RD (<$3M) and trade Erskine it would be a really decent looking line up!

Ovie-Backstrom-Franzen
Kuznetsov-Plekanec-Ward
Laich-Helm-Fehr
Chimera-Latta-Wilson

Alzner-Niskanen
Orpik-Carlson
Orlov-Morris?
Hillen

Holtby-Peters

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
No coach says they are going to implement a snooze fest.

But I think Trotz is genuinely intrigued to try up tempo. You win a Ferrari. Are you going to drive it around the hood hitting pot holes, or head out onto the autobahn?

There are so many questions about our team, and the system first implemented is one of them.

About MJ being asked to be an LA grade forward, I laughed, but I think its a myth that some players cannot play physical. The only question is, will they knock themselves out injured. More failure from our development team. Don't draft injury prone players, or players that detest physical contact. A guy like MJ needed to learn to hit, to be an NHL winner. Instead we asked him to skate into the RD with the puck, but not charge into that RD when without the puck. Exactly backwards. And folks wonder why he tries the drop.

I sure hope Trotz changes anything and everything possible from the countless holdovers from the previous regime that all got promoted. I am glad I didn't recognize any today, other than Kolzig of course. On that note, Korn was clearly holding court today.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
It sounds like Detroit wants to send scraps over for Green from what I have read. Want to send us prospects like Landon Ferraro (who isn't what we want).

If we are shipping Green out, it better be for a good return on GMBM has lost my respect very early

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Trotz reiterated again that Green is part of the plans and that Green is part of his leadership group.

I'm sorry but do you truly believe that? According to multiple Red Wings beat writers, insiders, etc. the Wings and Caps are talking Green.

GMBM doesn't just sign two defensemen to huge contracts without having a plan. We currently have 8 defensemen and that's not counting Schmidt, Carrick, Schilling, and Kundratek who are all going to be battling for a bottom pairing spot with Erskine and Hillen. We have a surplus of defensemen and not enough playing time to go around whether it be in Washington or Hershey.

Someone is on their way out and all signs are pointing toward Green

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Some may say Green is still elite but I think his value has gone down pretty much ever year in the past 4. Yes leading the league in PPGs one year aside. He may have flat lined and started leveling out, being more consistent, but as a pending UFA teams are not going to offer much and see if we cave. Everyone knows we are overloaded at RD. They can wait us out.

How much does a UFA (who all know will not be re-signing) value change from 8/1 to the deadline. What is a fair deal now for him, and at the deadline?

Deadline: is consensus he would fetch a top prospect / 1st?
August: a roster player??

My point being i don't see buying him early landing us significantly more for him. I see them being predictably low ball offers. He may well get injured and we get nothing. All know this.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Mike Green and leadership...:biglaugh:

I know, right.

Sadly I think you can say that about most all our players.

Everyone just seems to sit back and watch Ovi and expect him to do everything.

It's high time Green Nick and others are forced to try to carry more of the load. If they fail so be it, but then if they can't hack it, maybe its not the kind of player Trotz wants his highest paids. There is only one way to find out. Try.

About Green though, they seem to be in damage control, going out of their way to talk him up after clearly ignoring him in talking up important cogs on D. Rings hollow after just adding Niskanen, to me.

And Detroit.

Halpysback*

Green is less tradeable now than he ever was. The dropoff from Green to Niskanen in a top 4 role here would be devastating to the team. And if Niskanen goes down for a stretch they have Alzner Carlson and 4 AHLers until Orlov gets back

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I'm sorry but do you truly believe that? According to multiple Red Wings beat writers, insiders, etc. the Wings and Caps are talking Green.

GMBM doesn't just sign two defensemen to huge contracts without having a plan. We currently have 8 defensemen and that's not counting Schmidt, Carrick, Schilling, and Kundratek who are all going to be battling for a bottom pairing spot with Erskine and Hillen. We have a surplus of defensemen and not enough playing time to go around whether it be in Washington or Hershey.

Half assed speculation based on the need for a high caliber right handed dman. The Red Wings are the worst trade partner for Green, Holland didn't even like Green at his peak.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia

Or they could have this thing called defensive depth....:p:

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Do you really think he would say we are trading green? No one does that.

Right, could go either way. However.. if you are looking to trade you're going to preach about him like Trotz is, it's making him look more important to the team. (trade value)

If nothing becomes of it, its pumping Greens tires.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Half assed speculation based on the need for a high caliber right handed dman. The Red Wings are the worst trade partner for Green, Holland didn't even like Green at his peak.
Based on what? The Wings have a glaring need. They need a right handed defensemen and a PP quarterback. They don't have that currently and reached out to every FA Dman who fit that bill and failed. They are now trying to acquire one via trade. Caps sign Niskanen, whom the Wings targeted, and now have more defensemen than they need. Seems like perfect trading partners to me.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Based on what? The Wings have a glaring need. They need a right handed defensemen and a PP quarterback. They don't have that currently and reached out to every FA Dman who fit that bill and failed. They are now trying to acquire one via trade. Caps sign Niskanen, whom the Wings targeted, and now have more defensemen than they need. Seems like perfect trading partners to me.

Based on the fact he is Canadas GM for the Olympics...

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Green is less tradeable now than he ever was. The dropoff from Green to Niskanen in a top 4 role here would be devastating to the team. And if Niskanen goes down for a stretch they have Alzner Carlson and 4 AHLers until Orlov gets back

The drop off from Green to Niskanen is devastating? Lol

When Green isn't an elite scoring defenseman he is a net negative for the team and he has been just that for several years.

I'll take the guy who isn't a liability in his own end and nets 30-40 if I'm building a contender. Without blinking.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
I thought Yzerman was the GM and spurned St. Louis and that resulted in other stuff.

It was Yzerman in 2010, so the Holland comment is wrong. That said, Babcock was the coach on that team, so he was probably part of the decision to take guys like Boyle, Bouwmeester, and Robidas over Green when he was in the middle of a 76 point season.

The drop off from Green to Niskanen is devastating? Lol

When Green isn't an elite scoring defenseman he is a net negative for the team and he has been just that for several years.

I'll take the guy who isn't a liability in his own end and nets 30-40 if I'm building a contender. Without blinking.

And which one is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad