Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXXIII: UFA Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
‏@VogsCaps

Don't have time to respond/comment on all FA/trade queries. Will say this. #Caps have $12-13 mil in cap space. They've said emphasis on D.

CapNMac

Jun 30, 2014
Give Johansen a offer sheet. Gets matched? Makes Columbus pay Johansen more than they want to. Win-win.

How much for the offer? We will have to give up a pick if we land him, based on the amount. Also you will be cutting into the budget for acquiring D. I can hear the squeels already...

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 2m

Josh Gorges : It’s out of my hands whether I’ll be back or not. But it’s my understanding it’s not going to be the case.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
How much for the offer? We will have to give up a pick if we land him, based on the amount. Also you will be cutting into the budget for acquiring D. I can hear the squeels already...

You can't offer him a thing unless you're going to make a real effort to improve the team. Not try to improve, actually improve the team.

We were a bottom 5 team last year and we shouldn't be gambling with picks.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Gorges has expanded his list of approved teams. I guess none of the original 15 had a suitable offer.

I'd guess Toronto still isn't on it, or we'd have a trade instead of an expanded list.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Gorges has expanded his list of approved teams. I guess none of the original 15 had a suitable offer.

I'd guess Toronto still isn't on it, or we'd have a trade instead of an expanded list.

Does anyone know any of the teams? is he the one with no Canadian teams on his list?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

I'm still dubious as to how new that agreed trade news is, and whether it's still an active offer despite Toronto acquiring Polak. The rumor first cropped up a little before the Gunnarsson/Polak deal, but the Score reposted it today. I can't get their article to load, so I don't know if they have anymore details.

CapNMac

Jun 30, 2014
You can't offer him a thing unless you're going to make a real effort to improve the team. Not try to improve, actually improve the team.

We were a bottom 5 team last year and we shouldn't be gambling with picks.

I did not make the suggestion. I just asked for clarification.

I wanted to know the amount for the offer, because if it is = to a 2nd or 1st round pick for compensation, then I agree with you. Also I don't think we want to take cap room away that we are going to use for a D man or 2.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I did not make the suggestion. I just asked for clarification.

I wanted to know the amount for the offer, because if it is = to a 2nd or 1st round pick for compensation, then I agree with you. Also I don't think we want to take cap room away that we are going to use for a D man or 2.

In order to successfully pry him away from Columbus, you'd certainly have to be in the two 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd round compensation area (or maybe even the four 1st compensation area).

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Orpik on a two year Erskine like contract to play on the 3rd pair with any number of the Caps rookies from Schmidt to Carrick to Bowey would be just fine.

Ehrhoff definitely hurts Niskanen. I fear that Niskanen is a flash in the pan, however.

I would be really happy with
Alzner-Carlson
Ehrhoff-Green
Orpik-Orlov/Schmidt/Carrick

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie · 48s
MTL acquires P.A Parenteau from COL. I believe Daniel Briere is headed to COL in return.

I guess this should really be in the around the league thread, or is this being used for all moves?

Liberati0n*

In order to successfully pry him away from Columbus, you'd certainly have to be in the two 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd round compensation area (or maybe even the four 1st compensation area).

And you would have to be paying Johansen, who was in the AHL like a year ago, the deal it took to make them balk.

If there's a player to take that kind of risk on, it's Subban, although it might be almost impossible to get Montreal not to match.

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
I would take Oprick on a one year deal that's it. He's not good at all anymore, plus he's a fake tough guy.

The Stralman Erhoff Niskanen types is what they should get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad