Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halpysback*

Didn't realize Galiardi could be had/signed for so cheaply. Another playoff gamer gone, though given how unimpressed this board seems to be with those types it probably doesn't matter. Capable of playing center at a 3rd line level too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Wow the flyers are becoming the 2000's redskins, just sign over the hill vets. For stupid money. That franchise is going down the toilet.

How does the long time (only?) owner getting very long in the tooth factor in all the bold moves over the years? Win now before I die?

Just a thought.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
How does the long time (only?) owner getting very long in the tooth factor in all the bold moves over the years? Win now before I die?

Just a thought.

That's a pretty common assumption among Flyers fans and Philadelphia residents. Ed Snider really wants a freaking Cup.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Pronger, Vinny now..the Richards/Carter trade (although shocking, showed they realized they were going no where with that broken core). McPhee doesn't recognize that his "young guns" are broken.
How is the Vinnie signing hope when their backend is atrocious? Broken core? They some how made it to the Finals and won a cup on another team. I question Pronger being brought on considering the division it created on the team. He got good returns on paper, but the on ice product is been going down hill since.

Is that Vinnie quote real? Holy **** if it is!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Coyotes went full Pejorative Slur and gave Mike ****ing Smith an insane amount of money. Anyway, we are broke as a joke now and will have to let Boyd Gordon walk (which will destroy our PK) and will probably have to trade Vermette's 3.75m salary (despite him being a fantastic fit, not unlike Gordon) which leaves us with one single center under contract (Hanzal).

So anyway, I don't know much about Washington, so forgive me if this is idiotic. I just want to throw it out there and see what you think.

Vermette and Klesla for Perreault and Beagle.

Is that at all appealing? Or is my ignorance overwhelming?

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
I think Perreault is a guy the Caps should keep while he's cheap... probably prefer to move Johansson in that situation. I can't argue against the value though, since Vermette is someone I'd hope the Caps would target. I'd just rather have him and Perreault complementing each other, not one or the other.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Trade Chimmer and sign Weiss

Erat - Nick - OV
Laich - Weiss - Brow
Fehr - MoJo - Ward
MP - Beags - Wilson
(Volp, Kuz in April)

Current D + Orlov

Holt/Neuvy

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Coyotes went full Pejorative Slur and gave Mike ****ing Smith an insane amount of money. Anyway, we are broke as a joke now and will have to let Boyd Gordon walk (which will destroy our PK) and will probably have to trade Vermette's 3.75m salary (despite him being a fantastic fit, not unlike Gordon) which leaves us with one single center under contract (Hanzal).

So anyway, I don't know much about Washington, so forgive me if this is idiotic. I just want to throw it out there and see what you think.

Possible if Latta plays next year I guess..

But currently as it stands thats trading 2 centers for 1 while needing one at the moment. So without Latta our 2 centers are Backstrom + Vermette... Need 2 more.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

The Caps don't have nearly enough cap space.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
It's a shame - value-wise and needs-wise it's a perfect fit, but once Alzner and Johansson are sign it'll put us around 2M over the cap before we've even got a 4C. Could be done if GMGM were open to moving some of Neuvirth, Ward, and Laich, but there's not much chance of that happening.

Narrowing it down to just Perrault and Klesla could work, although it doesn't leave much room for a 12th forward.

Halpysback*

Yes. Dear ****ing god yes.

Move Neuvirth, Erskine out. Don't even care.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
C depth:

Backstrom
Johansson (?)
Laich (?)
Perreault
Beagle
Latta

Add another C who can defend adequately and you have options (2 checking lines or 3 scoring).

Cheap version is BGordon, more expensive is Vermette. I don't see a need to pay big money to Bozak or similar player.

Still there is a possibility for short-term contract with Briere.

But we could do +C and +2LD without Briere. And while we think Briere could help in playoffs, Kuz could help also.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Oates is the X factor here.

Maybe he will make it Ward-Perreault-Ovechkin and this line will own everybody.

EDIT: We could have had Semin still money-wise. Would you like Semin now instead of Erat and 2,5M cap space?

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
tumblr_m59jpmQttU1qhee5r.gif

At anyone thinking the Caps make the playoffs as currently constructed. Could probably sneak in with Briere, but we all know he isnt signing here

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009
Current status with this team, we will barely squeak into the playoffs under the new allignment. Not that GMGM can do alot about it due to the cap issues, but he recently has made multiple signings that were sketchy decisions suc as; Erskine, Schultz, Neuvy (current back-up), Ward (playoff signing) that have put us in a bind and limited what we can do. It should be an interesting ride to the season, but dont expect any drastic changes "we are happy with our team"

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
Filppula for second line ? Ward or Laich can center the third. Match Erat + Filppula + Brouwer top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad