Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLV: Caps Trade Deadline 2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Glencross looking like a fit into the type of player the Caps are wanting.

2C Beagle is still sketchy but then again 2C ancient Handzus was too.

6th best in the league in BOTH GF and GA. Not bad.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I wonder if it helps us that we'll have a few more days off between now and the end of the regular season than a team like, say, the Rangers...

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wonder if it helps us that we'll have a few more days off between now and the end of the regular season than a team like, say, the Rangers...

Was thinking the same thing. We played Sunday and don't play again until the we face the Rangers on Wednesday. The Rangers will have have played @Chicago on Sunday and @NYI on Tuesday before playing us Wednesday.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Glencross looking like a fit into the type of player the Caps are wanting.

2C Beagle is still sketchy but then again 2C ancient Handzus was too.

6th best in the league in BOTH GF and GA. Not bad.

I do like the Glencross fit. Bringing him back next year would bring up some interesting roster decisions. Do you leave him on line 2 with Kuznetsov or move him up to line 1 with 8-19? Here's how I see it playing out:

Ovechkin-Backstrom-1RW
2LW-Kuznetsov-2RW
3LW-3C-Brouwer

Now, let's say Glencross is 1RW. Do you put Johansson at 2LW, or try to get another mucker with scoring touch? Does Bura fit on a line with Kuznetsov?

Let's say Glencross stays at 2LW. Do you keep Johansson at 1RW? Move Burakovsky up there?

Where does Wilson fit in all this? The bungling of his development looks worse and worse.

Personally, I hope Wilson's offensive game grows some over the offseason and they put him as the 1RW going forward, Burakovsky gets 20 minutes a night in Hershey, and they move Johansson as a package to get a scorer at the 2RW, or get a top 2C and move Kuznetsov to the wing.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I must say...I love that Glencross - Beagle - Brouwer line.

Thats a decent second line with a better center than Beagle...a great 3rd line.

Kuznetsov doesnt really fit that role those two wingers need.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I must say...I love that Glencross - Beagle - Brouwer line.

Thats a decent second line with a better center than Beagle...a great 3rd line.

Kuznetsov doesnt really fit that role those two wingers need.

I really want to see them try Fehr there for future purposes (I think he's a good fit and that becomes a decent 2B line if we keep Fehr/Glencross). But I wouldn't break up Chimera-Fehr-Ward right now.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I do like the Glencross fit. Bringing him back next year would bring up some interesting roster decisions. Do you leave him on line 2 with Kuznetsov or move him up to line 1 with 8-19? Here's how I see it playing out:

Ovechkin-Backstrom-1RW
2LW-Kuznetsov-2RW
3LW-3C-Brouwer

Now, let's say Glencross is 1RW. Do you put Johansson at 2LW, or try to get another mucker with scoring touch? Does Bura fit on a line with Kuznetsov?

Let's say Glencross stays at 2LW. Do you keep Johansson at 1RW? Move Burakovsky up there?

Where does Wilson fit in all this? The bungling of his development looks worse and worse.

Personally, I hope Wilson's offensive game grows some over the offseason and they put him as the 1RW going forward, Burakovsky gets 20 minutes a night in Hershey, and they move Johansson as a package to get a scorer at the 2RW, or get a top 2C and move Kuznetsov to the wing.

It seems my opinion on certain players has changed over the last month and the month before. At this point I am really curious how the rest of the season and playoffs work out as my opinion at the end of the season will likely strongly vary from what I feel now. So I really have no idea who we should bring back or cut ties with due to cap ramifications.

Wilson looks like he's gaining confidence. Kuz has left alot to be desired over the last month+ and Bura is obviously caught in a numbers game.

With heavy game Trotz/BMac want it begs the question if there is enough room for MJ+Bura+Kuz all in the top 6? I mean we already have Backstrom there and he's not going anywhere obviously.

I can't imagine any scenario where we can let Fehr walk at this point. We are thin down the middle as it is.

Halpysback*

Why the **** don't the play Kuznetsov on the top line if they're not using him as a top 6C. They don't have much to lose by trying something other than Johanssonkovsky

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Sign - Holtby, Fehr, GlenX
Trade - MoJo, Laich
Leave - Green, Gleason, Ward, Beagle
Add a 1RW (FA or trade)
Get Kuz and Bura in the gym
Should still have a few very good prospects

OV - Nick - 1RW
GlenX - Fehr - Bura
Chim - Kuz - Brow
Brown - Latta - Wilson
LOB

Orpik-Carl
Alz-Nisk
Orlov-Schmidt-Carrick-cheap vet-whomever

Holtby
whomever

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
as BR says, a lot will be determined in the playoffs.

If I were to guess I would be the Caps WANT Wilson to step up to 1rw. They want to see Beagle extend his play further and Fehr to produce in the playoffs. Then go with 19, 83, 16, 46 at center.

The Caps keep one of 90, 92 and 65 on the NHL roster. 65 can go to Hershey. Kuz is probably the one to stay because he is cheaper.

That leaves one less than heavy on each of the top two lines. 19 and 92.

In effect they would choose to keep Kuznetsov over Johansson.

I also think that if you look closely, you will find that Wilson has become an integral part of the locker room and the team identity even at his young age.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad