Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLV: Caps Trade Deadline 2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
People think Zach Kassian would be good fit on the 1st line?

I wonder if they'd be capable of getting him + mid-pick back for MoJo. Kassian is signed through next season too @ 1.750m cap hit (RFA then). Gives some additional cap space for next season as MoJo is likely looking for a raise.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Kick ALL the tires.

39e553b8608fac27b3ab7dbfd3fd2b12.jpg

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Beleskey is still who I'd like, granted he's available. I could live with Atkinson as well, but I don't expect them to make another move.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
If we just move MOJO for peanuts, I'll call this TDL a win!:handclap:

That being said, Chris Stewart for a '16 3rd or 4th with the Sabres retaining some salary to make it work cap wise is intriguing. This would result in sending Burakovsky to Hershey which is where he should be to help with is development.

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Stewart

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
Probably already been noticed but TSN has one of their reporters in Washington who is going to be covering the Capitals throughout the day, he usually covers Leafs related things on deadlines/FA. Says GMBM would like to add depth to the top 6 preferably a right wing for the top line but cap space is the issue and we would need to make a player for player deal.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Probably already been noticed but TSN has one of their reporters in Washington who is going to be covering the Capitals throughout the day, he usually covers Leafs related things on deadlines/FA. Says GMBM would like to add depth to the top 6 preferably a right wing for the top line but cap space is the issue and we would need to make a player for player deal.

MAJO for Stewart, do it! DO IT!

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Stewart dropping like a stone is a nice last resort to have. I'd like something better in the top 6, but if the price is a 4th and Buffalo will eat the salary to let him fit, then that's cheap enough to try and then just bench him if it doesn't work.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
"s Capitals assistant general manager Ross Mahoney and I crossed paths on an elevator at Verizon Center Sunday night, I said, ‘Busy two days, Ross.” He quipped, “It’s not over yet,” then cracked a wistful Irish grin."

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-washington-capitals/talk/should-capitals-make-move-3-pm-deadline

Take that for whatever you will.

Also...

"The trade deadline in Monday at 3pm, the team is looking at further moves to help us today and in the future."

http://tedstake.monumentalnetwork.c...e-moves?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

There's got to be some weird team we're not thinking of. Colorado?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
jeez i was sitting in that other one waiting for someone to respond haha didnt notice it closed

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@JSportsnet: Hearing that Washington, Minnesota and Vancouver are all looking at Leopold. #NHLTrade

Wat?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Alex Prewitt retweeted
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 2m2 minutes ago
Hearing that Washington, Minnesota and Vancouver are all looking at Leopold.
#NHLTrade

well wait a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad