Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLIII (Trade Deadline 2015 Target Poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
That would be an incredible deadline.

For salary reasons, I would think any Eriksson deal has to include Brouwer which gives it less of an impact, but I'd still be very happy.

Johannson and Chimera out somewhere would work. I don't imagine Boston would want Brouwer, given their desire to cut salary.

Then there's always the Green option...maybe if they're able to bring in another former Trotzian (Zidlicky), it'll be palatable.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
That would be an incredible deadline.

For salary reasons, I would think any Eriksson deal has to include Brouwer which gives it less of an impact, but I'd still be very happy.

And the biggest motivation for Boston to move Eriksson is to clear salary. Which is why I don't think a trade for Eriksson is particularly plausible. It would likely involve moving salary elsewhere in a separate deal.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Why not? He's a pending UFA and there's very little chance they make the playoffs.

This was a make or break weekend for them, and they won both of their games to stay in contention. The odds are slim, but because they're only 4 points behind Boston, I don't envision Snider being willing to sign off on selling assets at the deadline.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
And the biggest motivation for Boston to move Eriksson is to clear salary. Which is why I don't think a trade for Eriksson is particularly plausible. It would likely involve moving salary elsewhere in a separate deal.

If it's only Eriksson just dropping Chimera would do the trick probably. The worst case being some little bonus cushion.

But if it's Eriksson for prospect like Vrana? Erat all over it.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
This was a make or break weekend for them, and they won both of their games to stay in contention. The odds are slim, but because they're only 4 points behind Boston, I don't envision Snider being willing to sign off on selling assets at the deadline.

X factor is that Philly management may be inclined to do Timonen a favor.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
My "other" Forward is still Pavelski. Sharks are 3-6-1 in their last 10, and are now outside of playoff position. The teams ahead of them (Wild, Flames, Kings, Canucks) all have 2-3 fewer games played than San Jose.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Btw, while it's good to have Eriksson-level top-6 RW to add to the team... it doesn't make it NOT "one line". It's upgrade but Rangers would handle it to degree.

Would Eriksson-Kuznetsov-Brouwer click? As an option.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I mentioned Eberle as a possibility a few months back. It's too bad Orlov was hurt all year, he could have been a decent trade chip if we went that route. I am looking forward to a Schmidt/Orlov pairing next year though.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I just can't wrap my head around Pavelski because trading him would be so staggeringly stupid. I don't think Wilson is that dumb.

Thornton and Marleau have NMCs.
They aren't trading Couture, Hertl, or Nieto.
Pavelski is already 30.
Wilson needs to do something to save his job. He promised a rebuild, and didn't deliver. The team isn't any more competitive this season, either. Pavelski and Burns are the most movable assets they have that can provide a significant return.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I mentioned Eberle as a possibility a few months back. It's too bad Orlov was hurt all year, he could have been a decent trade chip if we went that route. I am looking forward to a Schmidt/Orlov pairing next year though.

I think if Orlov was healthy Green would have or would be dealt by dead line, not Orlov.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Why not? He's a pending UFA and there's very little chance they make the playoffs.

I don't think they consider themselves out of the playoff race. (i agree little chance)

also not sure if Philly helps Washington period, it would probably have to be a requested favor as Brooklyn said.

side note ..

Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
The eight forwards who started games with Ovechkin/Backstrom have scored a combined six 5-on-5 goals with those two. http://t.co/wsZvokQ5fk :cry:

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Thornton and Marleau have NMCs.
They aren't trading Couture, Hertl, or Nieto.
Pavelski is already 30.
Wilson needs to do something to save his job. He promised a rebuild, and didn't deliver. The team isn't any more competitive this season, either. Pavelski and Burns are the most movable assets they have that can provide a significant return.

Well if he's going to put his job ahead of his team's best interest, I hope we're first in line to talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia