Apr 28, 2004
More controversial opinion:

Orpik can get back in game shape in the next 2.5 months

vs.

Chorney > Orpik

Ic97mPViHEG5O.gif

Slappy

May 29, 2007
Brooks Orpik isn't Eddie Lacy. He's not sitting around eating Ho-Hos.

Good point. Orpik is definitely no Eddie Lacy. He's definitely not doing this:
Eddie LacyVerified account @Lil_Eazy_Ana_42
bn eating gummy bears fa the past 30 mins
3:59 PM - 3 May 2011

It's been reported that Orpik is extremely diligent about staying in shape - it's one of the reasons the Caps brought him here in the first place, to set an example for the younger players.

He doesn't have a groin injury and I'd bet he is skating and will be ready to go come playoff time (if not much sooner).

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
So it’s time to trade Ladd and make the most of what has disintegrated into a mess.

The Jets haven’t spoken in meaningful terms with Ladd’s camp for some time, instead focusing on Byfuglien.

The most likely outcome now is the Jets signing Byfuglien and then making Ladd available on the trade market. Executives around the NHL have told their pro scouts to compile reports on Ladd and to back off on the Byfuglien book.

Somewhere between the NHL draft last summer and now, the business relationship between Ladd and the Jets soured. Now it has infected the personal and the hockey relationship between a proud captain and his organization.

Ladd knows the reality of his situation and not too long ago told TSN he understands the business and the reality of the trade deadline. He’ll either be signed or moved. With no ongoing talks between the team and his reps, Ladd has to believe he’ll soon be traded. He’s been wounded by this knowledge.

Jets writer on TSN. Link: http://www.tsn.ca/it-s-time-for-the-jets-to-trade-ladd-1.428215

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
totally spitballing here

but first and maybe riley barber? do have to figure out a little cap space though

Jun 15, 2007
Ladd is extremely overrated.

At most I would offer Laich and a 1st. Throw in Galiev.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Can't imagine the Caps would beat the offer than several teams will make for Ladd.

It's an interesting case. He does have modified no-trade clause (details unknown) this season, so he can block the trades to atleast some teams.

Penguins can't fit him under the cap without losing someone, and they already traded their 1st round pick for Phil Kessel.

Jun 15, 2007
I don't see how Byfuglien is a perfect fit.

He's an RD when we already have Carlson, Niskanen and Orlov on the right side.

He takes bad penalties and is error prone. We need more Alzners.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
He was 24/25 playing 4th line minutes (12:36 ESTOI in 2009, 12:33 in 2010).

Yeah you'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt but I don't have a hard time doing so.
He was a third-liner both years, just with no special teams role. That makes it a bit more understandable but a guy like Andrew Shaw has had better playoff runs with them (albeit with PP time).

Not to say he's a Brouwer type passenger but he is having a down year and I don't know if he's enough of an upgrade in comparison to Burakovsky to be worth what it'd take. He'd be more helpful in physical contests but I'd definitely take Byfuglien over him. The Jets would be wise keeping Buf and moving/not re-signing Ladd. Signing a 30yo power forward type to term and market rate tends to end poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00