Injury Report: Acciari battling neck injury.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Her but a) If I can get better, it's enough for me. b) Our system is a bit of a joke. From what I've read you basically need to lose a limb in Ontario before you can sue for real money. Meh, money's the last thing on my mind. I'd just like to be pain-free. Many people have bigger problems, mine are chaff in the grand scheme. Was just trying to give insight into this injury. I don't think it ever goes away (I bet Tavares is still dealing with it) but it's also not debilitating and I honestly don't think it's physically limiting. I'm not exactly an elite athlete though.
Honorable but unless you are guaranteed you will make a 100% recovery never hurts to consult with an expert. Dont worry insurance companies wont gift you anything you are not entitled to. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: dubplatepressure

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Honorable but unless you are guaranteed you will make a 100% recovery never hurts to consult with an expert. Dont worry insurance companies wont gift you anything you are not entitled to. Just my 2 cents.

Well, I have my ducks in a row in case I need to go there and I think I still have 18 months. But I'm being genuine when I say I don't need a payday if I can be back at least close to normal. Maybe I'm just a sucker. It went a long way with me that the cop admitted fault. Again, I look at the bigger picture: lots of people are hurting in this world. I would feel ashamed chasing my little troubles.

Reactions: ToneDog

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Well, I have my ducks in a row in case I need to go there and I think I still have 18 months. But I'm being genuine when I say I don't need a payday if I can be back at least close to normal. Maybe I'm just a sucker. It went a long way with me that the cop admitted fault. Again, I look at the bigger picture: lots of people are hurting in this world. I would feel ashamed chasing my little troubles.
Good attitude, and I hope you feel better soon.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Agreed. Stuff like this can get worse as you get older too. You don’t want to leave it and regret it later.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
I see one prob with Acciari that's not actually an Acciari prob. Team building problem instead.

It's like Simmonds when he was the sole leader when Keefe needed physicality. Simmonds had no partner in crime to help him. No bash bro. No Coleman to our Goodrow. No Tucker to our Corson.

A better example is Tavares. No secret he's not 27 anymore, but it doesn't matter because 3 amigos shield him. 2C elite.

Acciari is very elite bottom 6 I think but he's not in his prime. He needs a partner in crime with him. Doesn't have it. So there is big risk of burn out and not lasting all 4 rounds. Simmonds you know will only give 1 elite 4th line game max every series last season. With a bash bro we might have got 3.

Acciari is better in health than Simmonds, so alone I think he can give at least 3. If those 3 can be all wins we might be okay. If he had a bash bro he probably good for all 4 rounds 3 hits per game minimum. On glance I don't see any bottom 6 member who can be a partner for Acciari. Lafferty has failed all my tests. Even if he throws a lot of hits his overall game is scrub level. Bunting isn't a gritty player just moves his mouth a lot and face washes. Hard to explain Bunting. It obviously not fair to say he's not gritty there's just something about it that doesn't help.

Last edited:

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
No Coleman to our Goodrow.
Good luck getting the obvious finishing touches like this with dumbass in charge.

Can you imagine this team with say, Jeannot and Bertuzzi added to the bottom 6. Allows you to keep Engvall since you now have an environment where Engvalls soft yet modern friendly game can thrive. And Engvall is 26 years old with a neck that can handle Holl running into him. If Holl ran into Engvall's neck like that he would have been catapulted into outer space.

That's much more impactful than adding O'Reilly and Acciari who are both past their prime. Straight and simple killer instinct additions to finish the team off. Nothing cute. No fancy cap reductions for the resume. Just "go for it" that actually bring you closer to the cup by beasting the bottom 6 the way it needed to be beasted.

Tampa stuck to their proven model that wins cups and Leafs stuck to their proven model of how to get bounced in round 1. They even have Hagel carry over who hasn't even hit his prime yet. He's entering it now.

Holy jeez I just realized Jeannot and Hagel are less than 3 mil on the cap combined. I'm going to faint. Please get us a new GM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoglund4MvP

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Good luck getting the obvious finishing touches like this with dumbass in charge.

Can you imagine this team with say, Jeannot and Bertuzzi added to the bottom 6. Allows you to keep Engvall since you now have an environment where Engvalls soft yet modern friendly game can thrive. And Engvall is 26 years old with a neck that can handle Holl running into him. If Holl ran into Engvall's neck like that he would have been catapulted into outer space.

That's much more impactful than adding O'Reilly and Acciari who are both past their prime. Straight and simple killer instinct additions to finish the team off. Nothing cute. No fancy cap reductions for the resume. Just "go for it" that actually bring you closer to the cup by beasting the bottom 6 the way it needed to be beasted.

Tampa stuck to their proven model that wins cups and Leafs stuck to their proven model of how to get bounced in round 1. They even have Hagel carry over who hasn't even hit his prime yet. He's entering it now.

Holy jeez I just realized Jeannot and Hagel are less than 3 mil on the cap combined. I'm going to faint. Please get us a new GM.
:laugh: You and the other marvel guy fun to read when angry. I can't fight what is said here. Jeannot Hagel do resemble the Goodrow Coleman low cap hit add. Boston made nice deadline moves having Lindholm multi years. Adding a Hathaway to Acciari would have been very nice too

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
:laugh: You and the other marvel guy fun to read when angry. I can't fight what is said here. Jeannot Hagel do resemble the Goodrow Coleman low cap hit add. Boston made nice deadline moves having Lindholm multi years. Adding a Hathaway to Acciari would have been very nice too
Other marvel guy already cracked the code when he said we're adding "solidifiers" to something that has no foundation. We needed to add foundational players (for bottom 6, top 6 is elite) for it to be worthwhile making all these changes. That's where your Acciari and Hathaway additions can thrive (or even a softy like Engvall for that matter). Solidifiers to your foundation.

Jeannot was the play and then you lock him up long term like Tampa will do to make sure your foundation remains intact. He shouldn't have even been available. Preds are on crack. If we had a GM worth keeping they'd have known the importance of our particular build even over paying even if need be, for 25 year old 800K 2023 Jeannot. Tampa has the cup winning management that's why they get these guys.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Other marvel guy already cracked the code when he said we're adding "solidifiers" to something that has no foundation. We needed to add foundational players (for bottom 6, top 6 is elite) for it to be worthwhile making all these changes. That's where your Acciari and Hathaway additions can thrive (or even a softy like Engvall for that matter). Solidifiers to your foundation.

Jeannot was the play and then you lock him up long term like Tampa will do to make sure your foundation remains intact. He shouldn't have even been available. Preds are on crack. If we had a GM worth keeping they'd have known the importance of our particular build even over paying even if need be, for 25 year old 800K 2023 Jeannot. Tampa has the cup winning management that's why they get these guys.
seems like a drafting issue maybe. I'm a bit upset we don't have our own 800k bottom 6 foundation guys ready to step in yet and even more picks gone now. should maybe be like tampa indeed then making sure you get guys like coleman goodrow jeannot hagel if you're going to do the trade route for surrounding core

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Jeannot has been disappointing for Tampa but I bet he steps it up in the playoffs. Their bottom 6 are going to be a pain in the ass.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
seems like a drafting issue maybe. I'm a bit upset we don't have our own 800k bottom 6 foundation guys ready to step in yet and even more picks gone now. should maybe be like tampa indeed then making sure you get guys like coleman goodrow jeannot hagel if you're going to do the trade route for surrounding core

We can't even get a Sammy Blais 18 points and 100 hits in last 24 games addition from this management. It's the job of a good GM to find these spurts when needed on your team. 95% of this place doesn't even know a Sammy Blais exists yet think our bottom 6 is suddenly improved league wide.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Jeannot has been disappointing for Tampa but I bet he steps it up in the playoffs. Their bottom 6 are going to be a pain in the ass.
Disappointing in points but he's so hard to play against and just hitting his prime. Plus, he can score. It's an addition where the ceiling is high. Our additions cannot score (depth) and the ceiling is maxed out. You need to keep your ceilings high to get cup winning performances / help for the core.

I see him being like Hagel where the points becomes less impressive when added, then fires back with 20+ goals.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Is anyone familiar with this sort of injury?

I'd assume he was put through a lot of testing and if they allowed him to play, it is probably a discomfort thing and him not being 100% more than an injury that would last the rest of the season.
I get concerned when the term whiplash is used because it often comes hand in hand with a concussion
The neck injury itself, if it is truly whiplash is likely around a 3 month recovery time for full healing. I am hoping the term whiplash was more of a descriptor than a clinical diagnosis

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Yup. Glad this guy is back. He's been great. Exactly the type we needed in the bottom 6. Even if he doesn't put up many points at times... he's still been really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad