Injury Report: Acciari battling neck injury.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
It could just be a stiff neck that got worse due bad sleep.
Pretty sure if we are playing in the playoffs, he would be playing.
Wait I thought we traded the stiff neck to the Islanders for a pick?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Of all the f***ing things. This franchise is so f***ing cursed. How did Gio and Acciari even wind up tangled like that in the first place?

Looks like Holl human erasered him.

Hopefully with some rest he will be back and ready for the playoff run.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Opponents will run him hard in the playoffs knowing he's the only thing making our bottom 6 better than last season (assuming O'Reilly stacks top 6). If that neck doesn't heal in time, well, I don't need to elaborate. Bottom 6 woes continue.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Opponents will run him hard in the playoffs knowing he's the only thing making our bottom 6 better than last season (assuming O'Reilly stacks top 6). If that neck doesn't heal in time, well, I don't need to elaborate. Bottom 6 woes continue.

This guy has 7 points in 50+ playoff games. I don't see what difference it makes if he plays or not. Fits right in with the lifeless bottom 6 that never helps us. What is he going to do, be a energy player running guys all game? He wouldn't last more than 2 games doing that.

Our bottom 6 played good D last season. Soft, but they played good D. So Acciari provides only a slight upgrade by being defensively responsible.

There is only 1 way to guarantee the bottom 6 is better this season: Permanently make O'Reilly 3C. Make sure no matter what he's on the ice if any (all*) of the big 4 are resting.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Is anyone familiar with this sort of injury?

I'd assume he was put through a lot of testing and if they allowed him to play, it is probably a discomfort thing and him not being 100% more than an injury that would last the rest of the season.

Dealing with it myself right now. A cop blew a red light in November and t-boned me. I'm told it's grade 2 whiplash (whatever that means). I've been getting therapy ever since and even as I write this I'm basically in agony but there are good days and bad days and this is a bad day. I don't think this would prevent me from playing hockey though. It's not structural, it's a soft tissue problem. It doesn't really limit me in any way. Dunno if his is as bad or worse than mine but based on my experience, I doubt a little time off is going to make that much of a difference.

Why does your video look like the Zapruder film?

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
This guy has 7 points in 50+ playoff games. I don't see what difference it makes if he plays or not. Fits right in with the lifeless bottom 6 that never helps us. What is he going to do, be a energy player running guys all game? He wouldn't last more than 2 games doing that.

Our bottom 6 played good D last season. Soft, but they played good D. So Acciari provides only a slight upgrade by being defensively responsible.

There is only 1 way to guarantee the bottom 6 is better this season: Permanently make O'Reilly 3C. Make sure no matter what he's on the ice if any (all*) of the big 4 are resting.
You know your bottom 6 sucks when a guy who put up 0 points in 19 playoff games as a 4th liner for the Panthers becomes a fan favorite in the blink of an eye.

• Haha
Reactions: DraftSchmaft

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
You know your bottom 6 sucks when a guy who put up 0 points in 19 playoff games as a 4th liner for the Panthers becomes a fan favorite in the blink of an eye.
Gotta sustain our playoff identity of being the team with the bottom 6 you can pull your goalie against and still get a shutout

• Haha
Reactions: Shooter2x

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Dealing with it myself right now. A cop blew a red light in November and t-boned me. I'm told it's grade 2 whiplash (whatever that means). I've been getting therapy ever since and even as I write this I'm basically in agony but there are good days and bad days and this is a bad day. I don't think this would prevent me from playing hockey though. It's not structural, it's a soft tissue problem. It doesn't really limit me in any way. Dunno if his is as bad or worse than mine but based on my experience, I doubt a little time off is going to make that much of a difference.

Why does your video look like the Zapruder film?
Yikes. Get yourself a good lawyer and sue his insurance and yours.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Yikes. Get yourself a good lawyer and sue his insurance and yours.

Her but a) If I can get better, it's enough for me. b) Our system is a bit of a joke. From what I've read you basically need to lose a limb in Ontario before you can sue for real money. Meh, money's the last thing on my mind. I'd just like to be pain-free. Many people have bigger problems, mine are chaff in the grand scheme. Was just trying to give insight into this injury. I don't think it ever goes away (I bet Tavares is still dealing with it) but it's also not debilitating and I honestly don't think it's physically limiting. I'm not exactly an elite athlete though.

Reactions: ToneDog

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I hope this is a combination of precaution and a disinformation campaign for our opponent. If not, man do we get some shit luck when it comes to our deadline acquisitions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad