About Prust's comments about Watson...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I applaud Prust for saying what he did. A ref should not be able to say any of those things and get away with it.

If refs are human enough so that they could be dumb, wrong, idiots and stupid, they are also human enough, as professionnals they can be, to be vindictive. Why the heck would you put yourself as a target to the entire refereeing fraternity? Why? What did you gain from that? So because Therrien said that...linesmen will be more careful? You don’t think they were careful before? Did we see tons of mistakes prior to that incident and somebody HAD to say something so that the league, from now on, will have a massive refs camp so that in the future, linesmen will be better? Or is it safe to say that the only think Therriein succeeded is by alienating an entire ref community? And then Prust….well and again what did he managed to do? Fire Watson from the playoffs? Is it what's going to happen? Okay because of what exactly? Rough language….wow so we’re actually stuck with true idiots….but hey at least, we don’t have this ref who keeps cursing at people? And you also think that it’s going that the same refs community will LOVE Prust comments and actually have on problem with one of their friends being fired for the remainder of the playoffs (if this is what’s happening…).

On top of that…you don’t think that Prust has became a target? You don’t think that Gallagher isn’t already a target, and even moreso since he also made that comment about the ref not liking him earlier this year? You don’t think that we have divers enough so that we are a target for diving? Why the heck would you put yourself into so much scrutiny with all those public comments? How about that whining we love to laugh at when it’s other teams who do that? How about, if you think that all this are a real problem…how about addressing it….behind closed doors? You think that the way we’ve been doing it will be more effective? Really? I don’t get you there Kriss.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
He was provoking/inciting and waiting for Prust to say something so he can T him up. I've seen players go absolutely donkey in the box and never get any extra penalty.

Prust just said something and he got T'ed up. That's having a personal vendetta against someone and it's unprofessional and it's an abuse of authority.

Prust not getting fined by the league tells you something about this..

Indeed. The league usually comes to the defense of its officials pretty quickly via fines, etc. when people step out of line. Waking up the next day to read about it is pretty common. That Prust seemingly still hasn't been disciplined for his words suggests to me that he wasn't as off base as all the Habs haters out there would love to believe.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Indeed. The league usually comes to the defense of its officials pretty quickly via fines, etc. when people step out of line. Waking up the next day to read about it is pretty common. That Prust seemingly still hasn't been disciplined for his words suggests to me that he wasn't as off base as all the Habs haters out there would love to believe.
Agreed...but Prust should have kept a lower profile on this one, and had the organization handle this behind the scenes...

He along with his team, took way too many stupid penalties in game 2.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
If refs are human enough so that they could be dumb, wrong, idiots and stupid, they are also human enough, as professionnals they can be, to be vindictive. Why the heck would you put yourself as a target to the entire refereeing fraternity? Why? What did you gain from that? So because Therrien said that...linesmen will be more careful? You don’t think they were careful before? Did we see tons of mistakes prior to that incident and somebody HAD to say something so that the league, from now on, will have a massive refs camp so that in the future, linesmen will be better? Or is it safe to say that the only think Therriein succeeded is by alienating an entire ref community? And then Prust….well and again what did he managed to do? Fire Watson from the playoffs? Is it what's going to happen? Okay because of what exactly? Rough language….wow so we’re actually stuck with true idiots….but hey at least, we don’t have this ref who keeps cursing at people? And you also think that it’s going that the same refs community will LOVE Prust comments and actually have on problem with one of their friends being fired for the remainder of the playoffs (if this is what’s happening…).

On top of that…you don’t think that Prust has became a target? You don’t think that Gallagher isn’t already a target, and even moreso since he also made that comment about the ref not liking him earlier this year? You don’t think that we have divers enough so that we are a target for diving? Why the heck would you put yourself into so much scrutiny with all those public comments? How about that whining we love to laugh at when it’s other teams who do that? How about, if you think that all this are a real problem…how about addressing it….behind closed doors? You think that the way we’ve been doing it will be more effective? Really? I don’t get you there Kriss.

Well the flip side is that we are already a target, so how much worse can it get by going public? And if it does get worse won't that just cause more issues for the league?

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

Oh well so Prust blew the whistle on a power-tripping ref. Maybe the sport needs better policing where a player wont be targeted by biased refs for telling the truth- what is this organized crime?

Rhiessan71

Just a Fool
Feb 17, 2003
Guelph, Ont
Visit site
Look at it this way...knowing Prusty and the way he is, the guy that will go through a wall for his teammates, I think it's a good bet he did and said what he did for his teammates.
I mean obviously it's better coming from a 3rd/4th grinder/enforcer than from Gally/Patches/Subban.

To be honest though, we'd almost be better off if there were no calls against either team. Our PP is the worst I have seen in the last 15 years.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Lets see all this from a different angle. Now that cop cars have video, cops have go pro cameras on them, every cell phone a bystander has a video record button what have we all learned. We have learned that what the cops were telling us all for years WAS A LIE. They do beat people up for next to NO REASON. They DO LIE ABOUT IT, Then DO lie for their friends in any court room. We see this almost every day on the TV now. If you are innocent you don't worry about the video tape do you.
Ok so put a camera on the refs.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Oh well so Prust blew the whistle on a power-tripping ref. Maybe the sport needs better policing where a player wont be targeted by biased refs for telling the truth- what is this organized crime?

Power-tripping ref? Aren't they all? They are refs....they do decide how the pace of the game will be played at. Besides...how about the power-tripping players? The ones who keep whining and tell refs all sorts of names and disrespecting them? Should we also know about the entire lack of respect on the ice?

Telling the truth? What truth? 'CAuse you know that Prust truth isn't necessarily the truth.....and that EVERYBODY is biased when it's time to talk about a decision that favors them or goes against them.

I have never seen a ref change his decision 'cause a player was shouting at him that he sucks. Never. Maybe if we'd start with that, just acknowledging the penalty even if you disagree with it, there wuldn't be refs who would respond. Actually I've been wondering why I haven't seen something like that way before. And if a ref messes up, and they do, it's their supervisor job to tell them how bad they were. Don't need the players to do so as if you would, every single decision they make would be bad.

RealCity

Nov 14, 2008
MontREAL
Prust's comments today about his post game comments:

"I wasn't myself, I shouldn't have said it, should've stayed on the ice, I crossed the line."

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Prust brought discredit to the organization. I bet he is moved this summer.

That'd be a joke. More people should call out the refs. It blows my mind that the league dishes out fines everytime their held accountable for their **** ups.. and there is soooooo many.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The code.......guys like Prust, try to always live by the code......

Nothing more corny than this imaginary 'code' ... it's why the game hasn't progressed in so many aspects, with regards to player safety and terrible officiating. Terrible refs should be called out, and disciplined. It isn't their job to make personal threats, or hold a grudge.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Well apparently Prust presented excuses to Watson today in his interview. Smart think to do, at the very least it's better than saying nothing i guess. Still unacceptable what that ref did. Let's see if we'll see him in this post-season..

Last edited:

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal

It remains to be seen if we'll see Watson ref another game in the playoffs.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
It remains to be seen if we'll see Watson ref another game in the playoffs.

Based on Colin Campbell message...you bet he will. He totally discredit Prust and say Watson is about perfect....The wording chosen is even tougher than the fine. Either they have no proof of anything, or Campbell is calling Prust a liar.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Based on Colin Campbell message...you bet he will. He totally discredit Prust and say Watson is about perfect....The wording chosen is even tougher than the fine. Either they have no proof of anything, or Campbell is calling Prust a liar.

Until we get robo refs it's going to be the same gong show ********. While I think that Prust's actions were pretty stupid I also think refs should be held accountable.

The NHL needs to get rid of that "old boys club" mentality, it's archaic.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
I agree this was soooooo embarassing to our team - I like that Prust isnt the kind to go quietly when the rest of our team had the night off though he needs to express that in game in a hockey situation FFS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad