About Prust's comments about Watson...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What a god awful article
"I never went to the press..."

Then he goes and tells a bunch of stories on the internet. Paul Stewart really needs to shut his mouth.

All that being said, he's dead right about Prust.
Therrien's losing control of the locker room.

Love it.
I don't. I want him to get fired but I don't want him to take us down with him.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Sorry if I offend Prust fans but I'm angry. :rant: First in 2013 his MacLean Fat Walrus comments, now this idiotic nonsense!

11051853_10153254148667177_3245810797768797246_n.jpg

Give me a break. If Prust said those things it's because the ref cannot say those things as a referee. He has to remain impartial and indifferent. He needs to do his ****ing job and not be an emotional meathead on the ice yelling profanities.

There will be an investigation on this and if the ref really said those things, he's in trouble. It's unacceptable and very unprofessional. Something you see in beer league.

If you're going to be overly sensitive about a player, you give Prust a 10 minutes game misconduct instead of a 2 minutes unsportsmanlike that punishes also the Canadiens.

What makes it worst is that it's not in a pre-season game nor a regular season game, it's in the 2nd round of the freakin' playoffs.

I don't agree with Prust's antics after he was tossed out, but the ref provoking and inciting a penalty and yelling profanities is out of hand and unprofessional at best.

Last edited:

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
At the very least, Watson doesn't ref another Habs game.....following a player to the box and berating him is ****ing bush league. Don't worry Prust, I still love ya.

easports2015*

I love reading all these has been refs come out of their rat holes and talk about their brotherhood, and blacklisting Prust. Those statements just reinforce how unprofessional NHL officials are as a whole.

It's all good though. They can talk a big game now, but as always an errant slapshot clearing attempt near the noggin puts them back in their place quickly enough.

Phenom

Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Why is it better to do this in private? If this stuff doesn't get publicized the NHL never does anything about it, now they're forced to. If its ok for the league to publicly shame divers (which I'm 100% for) it should be equal rights for players to publicly shame referees for biased officiating & intentionally altering the outcome of games if/when it happens, especially playoff games.

Ultimately its we the fans that pay for everything in the NHL (..and some ALOT more than others), I think we have a right to know what we're really paying for.

Exactly. An official of a major sports yelling profanities and making threat at a player is something that shouldn't be tolerated or allowed and should be dealt with and punished accordingly. It's as unprofessional as it can get.

" you Mother****er, you coward, you piece of ****, I'll drive you out of this building".

Are you kidding me?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think the most important thing that came out of this is Paul Stewart revealed himself to be a petty ********* by his own admission.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
He did the idiot type of thing a few years back with the bugeyed walrus comment. He seems to get too excited and blows his load during the playoffs.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
My favourite was Dregger.

He might want to say sorry because now every official's antennas are 'irked' and will be keeping a close eye on Prust as the playoffs continue.

So it isn't even a conspiracy that the refs are 100% bias and speaking out against one is against all? Brothers in arms? That is crap!

HabsDieHard*

Therrien's losing control of the locker room.

Love it.

They are certainly a poorly disciplined, under achieving, whiny and disliked team hey?

Kind of a shame, because ther'es a lot of guys on this team who for the most part put their nose down and try to play good hard hockey.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It's kinda hard to believe that in a game where Chris Lee was also a ref he's not the ref people are talking about after a game.

I guess the NHL will have a chat with the official or whatever he is who sits in the penalty box to ask him if he heard what Watson said to Prust.

HabsDieHard*

It's kinda hard to believe that in a game where Chris Lee was also a ref he's not the ref people are talking about after a game.

I guess the NHL will have a chat with the official or whatever he is who sits in the penalty box to ask him if he heard what Watson said to Prust.

The NHL should ask Brad Watson why he was over at the penalty box pointing his finger at Prust.

I can't think of many other times in my life I've seen an NHL player sitting in the box and the referee apparently lecturing him.

Can anyone?

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
The NHL should ask Brad Watson why he was over at the penalty box pointing his finger at Prust.

I can't think of many other times in my life I've seen an NHL player sitting in the box and the referee apparently lecturing him.

Can anyone?

Should be interesting to see how the league sweeps this under the rug.

Will be extra hard now for the refs to use their little black book against Prust. As all eyes will be on the refs now.

The positive out of all this is that reporters and fans will be watching the refs more closely than ever. I think this neutralizes the ref factor for the rest of the series.

Now the Habs need to get to more important things like not scoring 5 on 5, or the powerplay.

Phenom

Jan 16, 2015
Montreal

Can anyone?

Not only lecturing him, but calling him a "mother****er, a coward, a piece of ****" and making threat about making him leave the building.

This is something you see in the movies or out of some garage league. We're talking about an NHL official here.

Refs are suppose to be neutral, someone without a personality on the ice, someone that apply the rules by the book and not by his personal vendettas and emotional outbursts.

HabsDieHard*

And above all that, not people who lecture the athletes they officiate.

I have seen plenty of referees giving it back plenty good to NHL players.

Never saw a guy lecturing a player in the bench, when there wasn't a massive altercation beforehand anyways. Not just a guy just sitting there going to serve 2 minutes.

if I was Bergevin I would shift the narrative publicly and ask why the referee went over to Prust and what he hoped to accomplish. Take the focus on what was said by who, and put it on why the referee who is paid to officiate the game felt the need to go over and point his finger and say "something" to Prust?

Phenom

Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
And above all that, not people who lecture the athletes they officiate.

I have seen plenty of referees giving it back plenty good to NHL players.

Never saw a guy lecturing a player in the bench, when there wasn't a massive altercation beforehand anyways. Not just a guy just sitting there going to serve 2 minutes.

if I was Bergevin I would shift the narrative publicly and ask why the referee went over to Prust and what he hoped to accomplish. Take the focus on what was said by who, and put it on why the referee who is paid to officiate the game felt the need to go over and point his finger and say "something" to Prust?

He was provoking/inciting and waiting for Prust to say something so he can T him up. I've seen players go absolutely donkey in the box and never get any extra penalty.

Prust just said something and he got T'ed up. That's having a personal vendetta against someone and it's unprofessional and it's an abuse of authority.

Prust not getting fined by the league tells you something about this..

Nynja*

He was provoking/inciting and waiting for Prust to say something so he can T him up. I've seen players go absolutely donkey in the box and never get any extra penalty.

I'm having problems finding it, but a couple months back Downie lost his **** so hard, he started punching the penalty box glass

Nynja*

it actually might have been, cause I remember watching the game, and I dont usually watch pens games.

Phenom

Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
it actually might have been, cause I remember watching the game, and I dont usually watch pens games.

Yes I actually remember the GDT thread and we we're all laughing at him going donkey in the box and while taking some stupid penalty.. good times :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad