About Prust's comments about Watson...

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If it's one man's word against another then it's tough on Prust, and now this referee will give him 30 minutes of injuries every game he can.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Prust will get a fine and Watson probably doesn't referee a game in this series.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I like Prust but no way he did not say something to antagonize the ref. No way.
Prust needs to act like he has been there and not some idiot. I don't agree with him. Wear the CH with pride. Don't dishonor Mr. Beliveau. Lose with class.

RealCity

Nov 14, 2008
MontREAL
I like Prust a lot, he's a hockey player's hockey player, and there might even been some truth to what happened with Watson, but don't f-ing throw your elbow pad at the opposing bench and DO NOT whine to the media about the ref playing god. It's pathetic.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I like Prust a lot, he's a hockey player's hockey player, and there might even been some truth to what happened with Watson, but don't f-ing throw your elbow pad at the opposing bench and DO NOT whine to the media about the ref playing god. It's pathetic.

The elbow pad throwing was immature, but the whine.. was even worse.

He has a terrible control of his emotions. He acts like a teenager most of the time. It's embarrassing. He's a big whiner. If he was a Bruin, this entire Habs board would be laughing hysterically at it.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011

He has a terrible control of his emotions. He acts like a teenager most of the time. It's embarrassing. He's a big whiner. If he was a Bruin, this entire Habs board would be laughing hysterically at it.

This exactly. I think it's hilarious when Lucic or Chara lose it and Tampa fans are perfectly justified in thinking this is hilarious.

It's a sign that they are in control and Montreal are not. Yes, it's frustrating, yes the referee may have been bang out of order. But this is not helping to deal with the situation and it's not helping the team to win.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
This exactly. I think it's hilarious when Lucic or Chara lose it and Tampa fans are perfectly justified in thinking this is hilarious.

It's a sign that they are in control and Montreal are not. Yes, it's frustrating, yes the referee may have been bang out of order. But this is not helping to deal with the situation and it's not helping the team to win.

Stamkos mentioned it. I'm paraphrasing what he said, but he mentioned how Tampa has gotten Montreal frustrated and off their game and do some stupid things. If Habs are frustrated, it falls straight into Tampa's game play.

They're having a hard time beating Tampa as it is.. A frustrated Habs team is the worst kind of Habs team.

He should have really manned up last night. Regardless of the stupid things Watson may or may not have said, man up and stop taking stupid penalties

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Great point.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Start up trying to bring all the attention to himself as opposed to the team being down 2-0 in the series.

Have the media make a fuss about this for the next few days is exactly what he wanted to do.

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For those complaining about Prust, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Did he let his emotion get the best of him? Yes! But calling him a whiner, an idiot, really?

If all other 19 guys playing would care as much as he does, we probably wouldn't be 0-2 in this series. Losing with class? F%?& that! I grew up watching the Habs of the 80s and let me tell you, I would NOT label them as classy, but you know what, they were WINNERS! They hated to lose, for better or worse. They weren't the most talented habs teams put together, but they had 2 SC finals and one cup to show for it. Nilan, Corson, Chelios, Skrudland, Lemieux, Roy....should I go on? Class...please...show me you care, show me you HATE losing, I'll take that anyday over complacency.

The 93 version of the habs wasn't as nasty but they weren't choir boys either.

When the stakes are that high and things are not working out like you want, stuff happens.

Give me more Prusts, Subbans, Gallaghers....less Markovs, Plekanecs, PAP...

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
For those complaining about Prust, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Did he let his emotion get the best of him? Yes! But calling him a whiner, an idiot, really?

If all other 19 guys playing would care as much as he does, we probably wouldn't be 0-2 in this series. Losing with class? F%?& that! I grew up watching the Habs of the 80s and let me tell you, I would NOT label them as classy, but you know what, they were WINNERS! They hated to lose, for better or worse. They weren't the most talented habs teams put together, but they had 2 SC finals and one cup to show for it. Nilan, Corson, Chelios, Skrudland, Lemieux, Roy....should I go on? Class...please...show me you care, show me you HATE losing, I'll take that anyday over complacency.

When the stakes are that high and things are not working out like you want, stuff happens.

This comment exactly

RealCity

Nov 14, 2008
MontREAL

So basically the rest of the team 'doesn't care' if they don't throw their equipment at the opposing team or get thrown out of the game? I don't buy that.

Don't get me wrong, I like that Prust is an emotional guy, but he put his team in a bad position last night and made himself look stupid with his post game comments.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

There's a good way to show emotions then there's a stupid way (throwing a tantrum). Last night Prust was exactly what he is in half the games with the habs, a useless idiot.

number 11

Jan 11, 2008
Montreal
Start up trying to bring all the attention to himself as opposed to the team being down 2-0 in the series.

Have the media make a fuss about this for the next few days is exactly what he wanted to do.

yes, we can chalk most of it up to this. no one is talking about our terrible pp today, the fact that we can't score goals, terrible penalties and pissing away a game that we once again started out dominating.

as for prust, he has the right to be upset because the first penalty on him was terrible but he has to be a professional and shut his mouth instead of hurting the team.

subban needs to take some responsibility for this loss too - another terrible penalty, after the whistle, completely deflates us.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
This is all side show stuff...real problems are
1. PP sucks
2. 5 vs 5 scoring sucks
3. PK sucks (penalty kill)
4. Discipline sucks
5. Scoring sucks

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Prust is amazing and far from a dirty player. He has exactly the edge we need and I support him 100%. He may regret speaking publicly and it may not help the team but from what I saw, he actually held it together last night. There is a limit to what someone can take when being abused at the hands of a ref.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I reminds me of his post game tantrum vs. Sens a few years back.....and we know how that series went....

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
There's a good way to show emotions then there's a stupid way (throwing a tantrum). Last night Prust was exactly what he is in half the games with the habs, a useless idiot.
Wrong, it's because the refs sucked that he lost his mind. Chicken egg. How were those playoff penalties agaisnt the habs? 9 pp during the playoffs. We have seen guys get knocked out from head hits take two minutes. Either pretend you are an official or just come out as a fan wearing a zebra shirt. Classless started with Watson end of story. Refs let things get out of hand with thier Bs calls

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Wrong, it's because the refs sucked that he lost his mind. Chicken egg. How were those playoff penalties agaisnt the habs? 9 pp during the playoffs. We have seen guys get knocked out from head hits take two minutes. Either pretend you are an official or just come out as a fan wearing a zebra shirt. Classless started with Watson end of story. Refs let things get out of hand with thier Bs calls

Habs were undisciplined, I think almost every call was correct. If the habs come out the same way again, I hope they get 4 PP goals scored against them again until they learn their lesson.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Thank **** someone FINALLY called out these ********* Refs. Prust is the man. The only thing I slightly disagree with was him throwing the elbow pad but even that is not that big of a deal, at least he's showing some emotion. Heat of the moment, adrenaline pumping after a fight against a team he hates while his team is blowing their playoffs. The first penalty he took was a bad one, but it shouldn't have been a double minor. He barely touched Bishop, called him out on his ******** flopping non stop. Anyone hating on Prust right now is ridiculous. He's the only one who seemed to care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad