Abbotsford Canucks Talk | Part 2

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Bakersfield ties it 1-1 eight minutes into the second period on a power play; it was Bakersfield's first shot on goal in almost 20 minutes.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Bakersfield takes the lead just a few minutes after tying it, breaking in 2-on-1 with the puck carrier beating Silovs.

Abbotsford ties it 2-2 as Glover picks up a loose puck in the high slot and fires through a screen to score.

Reactions: Lindgren

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Goals coming fast and furious. Nielsen with a nice pass through a defenceman's skates right on the tape of unguarded Bains who taps the puck into an open net. 3-2 Abby in the last five minutes of the second period.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I had to take a bathroom break in there, and as it turns out Nielsen had scored less than a minute before Glover did. Thus, it's actually 4-2 Abbotsford. (I'm multi-tasking and listening to music so not 100% attentive to this game.) Five goals in a seven-minute span.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I had to take a bathroom break in there, and as it turns out Nielsen had scored less than a minute before Glover did. Thus, it's actually 4-2 Abbotsford. (I'm multi-tasking and listening to music so not 100% attentive to this game.) Five goals in a seven-minute span.
Taking a dump and reporting the scores make you ok in my books as long as you washed your hands before posting.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Can someone please tell me why Klimovich isn’t playing ?
They've never announced it but I'm pretty sure that he's concussed. In fact, I wonder if perhaps he has had two concussions this season. Also took a nasty head shot from one of the Calgary Wranglers' goon squad last season. Kind of concerned about his future.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Glover, having his most impactful game of the season, pokes the puck away from a Bakersfield player in the Condors' zone, and Dmitri Zlodeyev pounces on the loose puck in the slot and fires a wrist shot high glove-side to score his first AHL goal. 5-2 Abby early in the third period.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
5-3 as a Bakersfield defenceman took the puck wide, tried a backhand pass to a teammate but the puck bounced off of Woo and past Silovs. 13 minutes to go.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Now it's 5-4 in the last four minutes as Bakersfield pressured during a delayed penalty sequence and then swiped in a loose puck at the crease with Silovs down.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Bains with a rare defensive oops, caught watching the puck and doesn't see a Bakersfield player breaking off of the right boards. Gets the pass, goes high over Silovs glove to tie the game 5-5 with 30 seconds to go.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
OT solved nothing, onto the shootout which went seven rounds before Bakersfield won it (three SO goals versus two for Abby). Tough loss, giving up a three-goal third period lead.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Neither coach will be thrilled with this game......but Colliton will be more disappointed than his Bakersfield counterpart. Blowing a 5-2 lead made the Abbotsford Canucks a loser before they were bested in the shootout.

A generally nightmarish night by the entire blueline. In fact I really don't see a single d-man in Abbotsford who will anything more than an emergency call-up for the parent Canucks. Collectively they mostly stamped themselves as AHL d-men on this night.

Kids like Wilander, D-Petey, Brzustewicz and Kudryavtsev can't get to Abbotsford fast enough.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Abby hung back in the third and let Condors take the play too them. Ended up caving and showed some very poor defensive coverage.

For some reason Karlsson and Dries were late scratches and Loewen (barely played - maybe three shifts) and Zlodeev added to the lineup.

On the players

Raty - playing at center and really that's where he needs to be. Good at maintaining central postion in the play. Best attribute might be his ability to read the situation and support the play both offensively and defensively. Thought he looked a little quicker although that's were still where he must improve most. Gets enough speed and he should play in the NHL. Long term likely the best prospect in Abbotsford.

Podkolzin - lot more hope than conviction in his play. Still tenative with the puck movement on the PP and more hanging around the play than driving it. Needs to be more involved in the fore-check

Zlodeev - actually scored a nice goal. Got the puck in the slot and rifled one home to the top of the net. Zlodeev played both center and wing and overall not entirely out of place.

Sasson - made some good set ups and again showed good puck management. Should have got more time late in the game.

Neilson Typically he had those flashes were he provided some needed offense. Has talent but lacks overall game.

Bains - not perfect but again broke up plays and got open for chances. Shows the mentality and determination needed to move up to another level and his game maybe the nearest to NHL caliber. Overall speed may be a limiting factor.

Cicek - got badly out of position on a couple of the goals. Team went with 7 d-men and Cicek didn't seem to get that much time.

Woo - thought he was awful. Kicked in one goal for the Condors (which started the come back) after he had badly turned the puck over in his zone. Passes were consitently poor. Had Wolanin and Irwin baby sitting him but even that couldn't keep out of trouble. Seems to me that Woo loses concentration and track of the situation thus becoming more reactive than proactive. OK when he gets into a pattern but doesn't seem to have the instinctive reactions a player at the NHL level requires.

Glover - had limited time but made himself a factor. (got three points) Has looked decent in all his callups and supplies some energy.

Stevens - played a lot late in the game. I guess he was suppose to provide some vet defense. Instead he repeatly lost face-offs and had weak coverage around the front of the net. I'd say a key factor in leading to the loss.

Mc Donaugh - very little happening here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad