Abbotsford Canucks Talk | Part 2

THRILLHOIAF

Jul 26, 2019
I can't believe they record games in 1080p60fps and AHLtv's max broadcast rate is 480p... just such a disservice lol.

• Haha
Reactions: vanuck

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
4-3 Abby wins in OT on Irwin's second goal of the game. Calgary took the lead with seven minutes remaining but 15 seconds later Sasson tied it with an unbelievably weak goal on Dustin Wolf.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
For the first time in recent memory, Wolf looked beatable. Abby has been mostly snake-bit every time they've faced him.

Noticed the Canucks were shooting high on him.....maybe as a smaller goalie, that's where he's most vulnerable.

Both teams looked a little ragged coming out of the Xmas break, but I thought Sasson, Raty and Cicek looked good. Same two teams back at it tomorrow night. Hopefully the Canucks can take three our of four points this weekend and close in on top spot in the Pacific Division.

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not sure what Irwin was doing on the ice in OT but hey, it worked. That Irwin-Cicek pairing has been terrific since Cicek arrived and was again last night.

More points for Sasson who had a weird game where Wolf stoned him on a pile of chances but also scored maybe the weakest Abbotsford goal all year. He’s playing really well but I’m still not really sure what he is and you wish he had one skill that popped a bit more to make seeing a projection easier.

Bains was pretty solid but what caught my eye is that he had a couple skating bursts chasing the puck and tracking the play defensively which were the fastest I’ve ever seen him look. Long break between games might have helped him.

Podkolzin scored and had some good moments although not quite as strong as some of the games before the break and still has some wonky execution when he gets chances. The female Calgary PBP guy hilariously can’t say his name properly and when she’s awkwardly spitting out Pold-kold-zin it sounds like a Scotsman trying to say ‘purple burglar alarm’.

Silovs was solid and a couple of the goals were deflections.

Weirdly non-physical game after what happened the last time these two teams played.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Weirdly non-physical game after what happened the last time these two teams played.
Perhaps they got a warning before the game that gooning it up wouldn’t be tolerated? Pure speculation on my part but I wouldn’t be surprised if there have been conversations between execs and the league about prospect injuries. Not just Canucks either.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Abbotsford Canucks laid an egg, as in a goose-egg tonight. The 5-0 score for the Wranglers was reflective of the play.

Abbotsford was out-shot 17-4 at one point in the first period. A nightmarish period for Schiemann who coughed up two pucks that ended up in the back of the net. But nobody was moving. Lost most of the puck battles and giveaway after giveaway in their own zone and the neutral zone.

Alas in a long schedule, games like this are going to happen. A little surprised Colliton came back with Silovs on a short back-to-back. Unless Tolopilo is hurt, it's never a great decision not to use the backup.

Reactions: supercanuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad