Waived: Aaron Volpatti waived; claimed by Capitals

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Bringing in Jason Arnott perhaps? Saw some tweets this morning about how he's gotten over a "minor injury setback" since failing the NY physical and how his brother Wade was liking giving the Canucks a call or two about it...

pls not Arnott.

The guy is way past his prime, and can barely skate.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Jim Vandermeer maybe? Alberts was a trainwreck last night and Vandermeer can play up front or on defence if need be.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Some smoke.

News1130 Sports‏@News1130Sports
You can bet Arnott will call the #Canucks. He's been talking with them this week about Steven Pinnizzotto.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

1 hrNews1130 Sports‏@News1130Sports
Agent Wade Arnott says his free agent brother Jason had a medical setback but is ok now. He's calling teams again.

And...

Ben Kuzma‏@benkuzma
#Canucks have put fourth-line winger Aaron Volpatti on waivers. Could be another roster move coming.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Jim Vandermeer maybe? Alberts was a trainwreck last night and Vandermeer can play up front or on defence if need be.

But they've been pretty clear that they don't want to carry 9 D. Vandermeer has been a trainwreck in the AHL so I don't know that he helps anyway.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
If we were getting a #3 centre I would think we would of sent down Jordan (no waivers) and we would still need him as a 13th forward. A deal for a top 6 winger or a calling up of a fourth liner (Pinizzotto?)

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Of all the "in-house" suggestions so far, this is the one I could see happening - provided Pinner is finally healthy.

I'm thinking that or Jensen. Or Bieksa is hurt more than they are letting on and are bringing up vandermeer or corrado. But that makes no sense to me as we still have barker as a healthy scratch what's the point of 9d

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The child in me says: OHHH A TRADE IS COMING!!!
The realist in me says: We're signing Arnott or calling up someone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad