Aaron Ekblad

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Got overrated early on due to putting up great numbers playing extremely sheltered minutes.
There were actually Panthers fans who really believed he was their franchise player and future captain instead of Barkov.
Now that the hype has calmed, he is tracking like a great #2. Which is a nice thing to have.
Deployment can be deceiving.
While Barkov was thrown to the wolves centering a 1st line with.. Booth and someone I can't even remember.
Ekblad was brought in riding shotgun to Campbell on 1st pp with hardly any defensive starts.

E. It was Boyes and Bergenheim :laugh:
I don't remember any Panthers fans thinking he was the franchise player. And him being captain? What's so outrageous about that? It wasn't just Panthers fans thinking that.

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
I don't remember any Panthers fans thinking he was the franchise player. And him being captain? What's so outrageous about that? It wasn't just Panthers fans thinking that.
That’s weird because I remember plenty.
What's so outrageous about that? Well one is a top five C in the league, the other is a pretty good defenseman.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
That’s weird because I remember plenty.
What's so outrageous about that? Well one is a top five C in the league, the other is a pretty good defenseman.
A young talented defenseman with good leadership qualities is a good candidate to captain a team. I'm glad Barkov got chosen captain. I was so tired of having past their prime players who are just passing through the organization on their way to retirement chosen as captains. I would have been just as happy had they went with Ekblad at that point.
The captain on a team doesn't necessarily have to be the best player on the team. I think Elias Pettersson is a better player than Bo Horvat. But I think Vancouver made a fine choice for their captain.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Wasn’t aware I was questioning Ekblads overall D performance, in fact I think I was complementary of him outside of being a marshmallow. So what’s Zadorov overall game got to do with Ekblad being 6 ft 4 teddy bear. Zadorov is tons more physical than Ekblad

Please you and impatientpanther keep redirecting or tossing

Maybe I’ll change my username to SOFTYekblad since panther fans need their team/player in a username in order to have an adult debate.

Your teddy bear with 2 goals tonight.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
And he bagged prime Anna Kournikova. Truly a charmed life.

Both the Bure Bros did well for themselves, but Pavel certainly hasn't aged well

candace-cameron-fuller-house-today-160504-05_0526ef9a44a455781cba224fb1dea289.fit-760w.jpg

DZnUFmMWkAA_NpE.jpg

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Only on the HF mainboard could a thread about Aaron Ekblad get turned into a discussion about whether Pavel Bure is attractive or not. To women, of course. I mean attractive to women, bro. Women.

Must be an HFBoards thing.

I mean, I'm definitely not gay, but he seems like a perfectly normal, reasonably attractive looking person.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad