Aaron Ekblad

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
The guys username is “ThePatientPanther” and has a Panther for his avatar.
Just
Never seen you post on our boards. But, yeah, you probably watch Ekblad more.

So in order to back up my claim I need to post on a specific board and have Panthers in my name? lol wut mate?

Just typed in Ekblad in youtube and not a single thing comes up on him being some "physical" machine. In fact quite the opposite, goal, interview, laid out, filled in by Glendening and injured. Now I type Zadorov and his biggest hits, fights come up right away. This on top of me watching Panthers games, and seeing Ekblad on his butt more than putting players on their butt. Ekblad is poised with the puck, good pass, can QB a pp, being physical he is not. If he is considered considered, my gawd the Panthers have the softest D-squad in the NHL. Which I know they dont, because I have seen Weegar and Matheson play.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So in order to back up my claim I need to post on a specific board and have Panthers in my name? lol wut mate?

Just typed in Ekblad in youtube and not a single thing comes up on him being some "physical" machine. In fact quite the opposite, goal, interview, laid out, filled in by Glendening and injured. Now I type Zadorov and his biggest hits, fights come up right away. This on top of me watching Panthers games, and seeing Ekblad on his butt more than putting players on their butt. Ekblad is poised with the puck, good pass, can QB a pp, being physical he is not. If he is considered considered, my gawd the Panthers have the softest D-squad in the NHL. Which I know they dont, because I have seen Weegar and Matheson play.

No Panthers fans are saying Ekblad is a hit machine or overly physical.
You're creating a witch hunt saying Ekblad is soft off a couple videos and watching a couple games? Yikes.

So Matheson is more physical than Ekblad? You lost all your credibility on this subject right there....

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Regardless of your opinion about Ekblad he is a number 1 defenseman. Where on the list of number 1 d does he belong would be the question. Most likely in the middle to bottom tier. Nonetheless it's a disservice to call him anything but a number 1 at this point and considering his role for the Panthers.

His "skating issues" are taken way too far, so is the theory that Yandle takes his points away lol I thought that was a funny one too. He gets the points that he deserves which is not many considering he is usually shutting the other teams top line down. Last year he was the only Panther to post a positive +/- the guy is a very very good defenseman. As another poster said "like most Panthers he is under appreciated". Unfortunately our own fan base under appreciates him as well.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Did it show Zadorov hand the Panthers their win on a silver platter a couple weeks ago?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yeah right, Young Pavel Bure was one of the most handsome players ever and he's one of the greatest goal scorers as well.
hqdefault.jpg

And he bagged prime Anna Kournikova. Truly a charmed life.

Reactions: Riddum

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Ekblad hasn't reached his peak yet but I've seen flashes of it. Sometimes if the Panthers really need a goal late or he's pissed off about something, he will go into this tenacious beast mode where he plays like a crazed madman with the singular purpose of trying to score...and he's pretty successful when he does this too. He will jump into the play and sneak in down low for a quick attack on goal and our guys usually find him in that spot. He's also much better at dangling than he lets on. I've seen him make a few Barkov-esque moves this season that I never knew he had before. He's dangled through d's on his way to the net. He's not a commanding physical presence but he tries to be. His foot speed is a little better than it was last season, but I still think he needs to work on his technique. His stride looks ineffective. He could obviously still improve defensively. Sometimes he appears to be just a step behind plays developing and looks flustered and a little out of control. No, he's not the superstar he was presented to be, but for now I'd rate him a solid B and think he shouldn't be written off yet. My hope is that he breaks out when he gets a little older like Huberdeau did last year.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Did it show Zadorov hand the Panthers their win on a silver platter a couple weeks ago?

Wasn’t aware I was questioning Ekblads overall D performance, in fact I think I was complementary of him outside of being a marshmallow. So what’s Zadorov overall game got to do with Ekblad being 6 ft 4 teddy bear. Zadorov is tons more physical than Ekblad

Please you and impatientpanther keep redirecting or tossing

Maybe I’ll change my username to SOFTYekblad since panther fans need their team/player in a username in order to have an adult debate.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Was devastated when Oilers won last game of the season (Ryan Smyth's final game) ended up out of the Ekblad running. Had to draft some German guy instead.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I still have an issue with the contract he took, especially after Barkov deal.

If you have a franchise level #1D I'd take him as a #2 on a contender, if not then as the leader for 2nd pair.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Wasn’t aware I was questioning Ekblads overall D performance, in fact I think I was complementary of him outside of being a marshmallow. So what’s Zadorov overall game got to do with Ekblad being 6 ft 4 teddy bear. Zadorov is tons more physical than Ekblad

Please you and impatientpanther keep redirecting or tossing

Maybe I’ll change my username to SOFTYekblad since panther fans need their team/player in a username in order to have an adult debate.

Your posts are trash. The fact that you have to use YouTube videos to try and prove your point is pathetic. Is he a big hitting, super athletic Dman, of course not, but he is nowhere near a marshmallow. You want to talk about having an adult debate, yet you come in to a thread and post about a player you have zero clue about.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Your posts are trash. The fact that you have to use YouTube videos to try and prove your point is pathetic. Is he a big hitting, super athletic Dman, of course not, but he is nowhere near a marshmallow. You want to talk about having an adult debate, yet you come in to a thread and post about a player you have zero clue about.

Yeah using video as proof is now pathetic, right got it... Using personal attacks right off the bat as an argument, right got it. Only took me 4 posts for panther "fan" to admit that flawed a flawed hit stat doesn't make him make him an elite Zadorov. And for his size, he is a damn Marshmallow, doesnt clear the crease 70% of the time and frequently gets outworked in the corners by smaller players.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Yeah using video as proof is now pathetic, right got it... Using personal attacks right off the bat as an argument, right got it. Only took me 4 posts for panther "fan" to admit that flawed a flawed hit stat doesn't make him make him an elite Zadorov. And for his size, he is a damn Marshmallow, doesnt clear the crease 70% of the time and frequently gets outworked in the corners by smaller players.

Yes, watching video clips of a player on YouTube to prove your point is pathetic. It just shows that you don’t know anything about the player. I’ve judged him plenty since we drafted him, and he has his obvious flaws, but he’s not a marshmallow. But hey, you’re the YouTube expert here.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yes, watching video clips of a player on YouTube to prove your point is pathetic. It just shows that you don’t know anything about the player. I’ve judged him plenty since we drafted him, and he has his obvious flaws, but he’s not a marshmallow. But hey, you’re the YouTube expert here.

He/She must have watched every single game of Ekblad's to come up with the conclusion and specific number of 70% of Ekblad's crease clearing/60....:rolleyes:

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014

Well I cant really prove I watch Panther games and I have this bizzare requirement of having to have Panther related stuff in my username to have any credence. My options are kind of limited to youtube since I cant post entire Panther games for everyone to watch now can I? Well unless I want to violate hfboard terms.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Well I cant really prove I watch Panther games and I have this bizzare requirement of having to have Panther related stuff in my username to have any credence. My options are kind of limited to youtube since I cant post entire Panther games for everyone to watch now can I? Well unless I want to violate hfboard terms.

These dull comments about having to have Panthers related stuff in your username is comical. Your repeated marshmallow remark proves that you don’t watch Panthers games, no additional proof is necessary. If you want to question his skating, which is his number one flaw, then fine, I‘d see that you watch him, but this crap about him being soft is exactly what is “marshmallow” about this thread.

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
Got overrated early on due to putting up great numbers playing extremely sheltered minutes.
There were actually Panthers fans who really believed he was their franchise player and future captain instead of Barkov.
Now that the hype has calmed, he is tracking like a great #2. Which is a nice thing to have.
Deployment can be deceiving.
While Barkov was thrown to the wolves centering a 1st line with.. Booth and someone I can't even remember.
Ekblad was brought in riding shotgun to Campbell on 1st pp with hardly any defensive starts.

E. It was Boyes and Bergenheim :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad