Injury Report: Aaron Ekblad placed on LTIR (regular season over, expected back "sometime" in 1st round)

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
If he has a high ankle sprain, this isn't a joking matter and he won't be 100% for start of playoffs
Yeah. Who knows how long it will take him to recover.
4, 6, 8 weeks. No one knows.
Hopefully he’s a quick healer.

We‘ll never get accurate information on just where he is at recovery wise.

Reactions: KW

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It is but they would have to be contracts that expire this year, not sure who? Koskinen makes sense as he'd be a nice 3rd goalie and is a UFA and Oilers need an upgrade but he's been a lot better than Smith so I imagine they'd like to keep him as a backup. He would make a lot of sense to both parties though.
Oilers fans seem to like him. I think they keep him because he's been hot. Ideally we help out a western team though. Maybe Vegas?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’m not a doctor but I play one online - www.healthline.com says it could take anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months.

Cleveland Clinic says 6-8 weeks.
Cleveland Clinic describes that a high ankle sprain is when you tear if damage the high ankle ligaments that connect the tibia to the fibula. I’m sure Ek is getting the most advanced treatment possible.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I had a high ankle sprain while playing soccer... was in crutches for 1.5 months. Pretty sure the Panthers have a much better medical team than FIU :). Weirdest shit is I had bruising on the back of my leg pretty much up to the back of the knee.... never made sense to me.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Cleveland Clinic describes that a high ankle sprain is when you tear if damage the high ankle ligaments that connect the tibia to the fibula. I’m sure Ek is getting the most advanced treatment possible.

I had a high ankle sprain while playing soccer... was in crutches for 1.5 months. Pretty sure the Panthers have a much better medical team than FIU :). Weirdest shit is I had bruising on the back of my leg pretty much up to the back of the knee.... never made sense to me.
I find usually you can treating the minimum time allotted for injury recover in Pro leagues. As you guys mentioned, they receive the best medical treatment, and are treating to him almost everyday.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Weirdest shit is I had bruising on the back of my leg pretty much up to the back of the knee.... never made sense to me.

Since bruises are a sign of internal bleeding...
"a bruise is always caused by internal bleeding into the interstitial tissues which does not break through the skin..."
... it just means imo that the blood (and thus swelling) spilled over from the original, topical area into the surrounding area.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Since bruises are a sign of internal bleeding...
"a bruise is always caused by internal bleeding into the interstitial tissues which does not break through the skin..."
... it just means imo that the blood (and thus swelling) spilled over from the original, topical area into the surrounding area.
Like when I get blood tests taken (hundreds of needles since 2018), more often than not it bruises because a minut bit of blood is dispersed from the injection site from the blood vessel under the skin.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Like when I get blood tests taken (hundreds of needles since 2018), more often than not it bruises because a minut bit of blood is dispersed from the injection site from the blood vessel under the skin.

Some ppl get bruises more easily than others due of nutritional deficiencies so an injury itself isn't the sole reason for bruising and the degree of bruising. Soo... might wanna check that out.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Some ppl get bruises more easily than others due of nutritional deficiencies so an injury itself isn't the sole reason for bruising and the degree of bruising. Soo... might wanna check that out.
It's just minimal bruising under the skin, doctor saying no worries. And it's the top blood doctor in Canada.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut

How is what we are doing in any way like what they did with kutch? Ekblad just got hurt.. is legit out... Kuch was skating for a bit before the season ended.. thus the issue was he technically was able to come back (who knows what is the truth)... But he was skating.

This is what it looks like when people don't like your success... prolly how tampa fans felt i guess

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

How is what we are doing in any way like what they did with kutch? Ekblad just got hurt.. is legit out... Kuch was skating for a bit before the season ended.. thus the issue was he technically was able to come back (who knows what is the truth)... But he was skating.

This is what it looks like when people don't like your success... prolly how tampa fans felt i guess

I like that guy sometimes, but he's definitely a superfan with a lot of conspiracy theories. I imagine him living in his mom's basement with Jimmy Hoffa books scattered everywhere and X-files on loop multiple TVs.

Hooby Dooby Doo

Jun 6, 2018
I like that guy sometimes, but he's definitely a superfan with a lot of conspiracy theories. I imagine him living in his mom's basement with Jimmy Hoffa books scattered everywhere and X-files on loop multiple TVs.

Hey calm down now. I just started watching X-Files for the first time. 😁 Great show so far.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

1648743463718.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad