Injury Report: Aaron Ekblad placed on LTIR (regular season over, expected back "sometime" in 1st round)

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
And so it begins…

Day 0: “nothing structural , a lot better than we expected. We’ll know more tomorrow”

Day 2: “We’ll know more in the next couple of days, nothing overly concerning. Week to week”

Reactions: MaWa and iam76

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I really do hope we just did a Tampa and he'll be way ready before playoffs just miracously activate him then

Reactions: panthersdu67

radkison

May 14, 2011
Mississippi
I totally hope zito pulls a dolts and trades for someone to put them over the cap and give huge depth for the playoffs

Then we beat Tampa in round 2

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Nah we gotta make it seem like we don't know when he'll be back. Gotta Tampa this thing correctly ;)
It's true, with it being announced as a high ankle sprain, which is 4-6 weeks, and the first palyoff game May 2nd/3rd, that's more than 6 weeks. S instead of maybe having him back for a couple meaningless games, he comes back game 1 and Florida can take a cap dump to recoup some picks

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It's true, with it being announced as a high ankle sprain, which is 4-6 weeks, and the first palyoff game May 2nd/3rd, that's more than 6 weeks. S instead of maybe having him back for a couple meaningless games, he comes back game 1 and Florida can take a cap dump to recoup some picks
So it is possible for them to be a cap dump and acquire some picks?
I was wondering if they are a cap dump team that can maybe send the players to waivers right away and have them play in Charlotte, who is looking toward the big playoff.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I was wondering if they are a cap dump team that can maybe send the players to waivers right away and have them play in Charlotte, who is looking toward the big playoff.
Yeah I don't think Seravalli would have said that without hearing something. Hopefully it happens.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
If he has a high ankle sprain, this isn't a joking matter and he won't be 100% for start of playoffs

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It is but they would have to be contracts that expire this year, not sure who? Koskinen makes sense as he'd be a nice 3rd goalie and is a UFA and Oilers need an upgrade but he's been a lot better than Smith so I imagine they'd like to keep him as a backup. He would make a lot of sense to both parties though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad