Post-Game Talk: A wounded honey badger still don't care; wins game 2-1 over Oilers

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Hansen deserves an A on his sweater. It's clear he's become part of the leadership on this team. His play this season and his post game comments have both been great. One guy I hope doesn't get traded.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Just caught the highlights because I was flying all day yesterday.

Both the goals on Talbot were just horriawful but it's nice to have the bounces go in the Canucks favour sometimes.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Just caught the highlights because I was flying all day yesterday.

Both the goals on Talbot were just horriawful but it's nice to have the bounces go in the Canucks favour sometimes.

There were about 450 bounces that didn't go their way yesterday. Honestly, they had several better chances that simply missed the net. Baertschi alone could have had a hatrick.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Absolutely did not miss Higgins and Burrows in the game last night. Would have no problem whatsoever if they were both injured for the rest of the season. Obviously both are untradeable with their contracts having a year left.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Really Liked Pedan's first NHL game as a defenseman. I was very impressed that he had the confidence to play the game the way he usually would at the AHL level, at the NHL level.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah he definitely has some swagger

Absolutely. We might just have a player in him. He really is a nice skater and plays with a lot of confidence. That hit he made on Hendricks on the 2 on 1 was surprisingly a really nice read.

On another note: Weber has been so unbelievably frustrating for me to watch this season. He seems to get more golden opportunities than everyone on the team and it feels like he misses the net 80% of the time.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Absolutely. We might just have a player in him. He really is a nice skater and plays with a lot of confidence. That hit he made on Hendricks on the 2 on 1 was surprisingly a really nice read.

On another note: Weber has been so unbelievably frustrating for me to watch this season. He seems to get more golden opportunities than everyone on the team and it feels like he misses the net 80% of the time.

Pedan is such a big strong guy he just needs to lean into a guy and is able to put him on his butt, he just planted Hendricks with not a little speed going into him

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
I'm actually excited about our defense going forward, pedan, tyrmakin, (if he can make his way over here) Hutton, biega, hamhuis and even Sbisa can make a great bottom 4

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm actually excited about our defense going forward, pedan, tyrmakin, (if he can make his way over here) Hutton, biega, hamhuis and even Sbisa can make a great bottom 4

I think there are some pieces. Edler, Hutton, Sbisa, and Pedan will be a solid left side next season. Tanev and Biega should be two of the right side spots. There is a gaping hole for a RHD on that second pairing. It's too bad that a Hamonic deal isn't really a fit, he would be an excellent fit.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
yet still retains the same level of invisibility

True.

Kenins run last year becomes more surprising to me every time I watch him play. He carries the puck like a grenade and is extremely limited. He needs to be on a 4th line of with Dorsett and Cracknell and play a straightline, basic game.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Was pleasantly surprised with pedan last night. He seemed to have good hockey iq, made some smart outlet passes. Better skater than I thought he would be.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Absolutely did not miss Higgins and Burrows in the game last night. Would have no problem whatsoever if they were both injured for the rest of the season. Obviously both are untradeable with their contracts having a year left.

Yessiree, the 'Nucks had almost $31m in payroll sidelined last night...and what's really scary is how many of these bloated contracts they actually missed.....Sutter, yep...Tanev, sure, but the rest?.....not so much.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Yessiree, the 'Nucks had almost $31m in payroll sidelined last night...and what's really scary is how many of these bloated contracts they actually missed.....Sutter, yep...Tanev, sure, but the rest?.....not so much.

how do you draw the conclusion that they missed sutter and tanev but not the rest?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Loved the look of Pedan....makes you realize how much they miss a physical, mobile d-man.....he'll have his ups and downs as a rookie, but seems to see the ice well and has pretty decent wheels for a big man....another great project work by Green in Utica.

Me too! Can he please say in the line up?!

I have been a fan of that Benning trade from day 1.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
how do you draw the conclusion that they missed sutter and tanev but not the rest?

Because I just don't think that guys like Higgins, Hamhuis, Burrows, Miller and Sbisa have played anywhere near their contract numbers....just not convinced that playing guys like Pedan, Biega, Gaunce, Grenier and Markstrom makes this team any worse...hard to fathom really.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00