Value of: A top 2D to Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
you’re selling Johnsson as a top six forward with skill and speed? He’s coming off knee surgery and has never hit or been on pace for over 43pts. He’s not a top six forward.

A combination of those players does not net you a top pairing dman and Toronto probably doesn’t have the cap space to add one with a flat cap over the next two seasons.
Better Google a little more thoroughly as I'm guessing you haven't watched him often

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Ahhh, the old "I want one of a team's most valuable players and I'm only willing to pony up a few of these low to no value players". Boy we hardly see these offers anymore! :sarcasm:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
you’re selling Johnsson as a top six forward with skill and speed? He’s coming off knee surgery and has never hit or been on pace for over 43pts. He’s not a top six forward.

A combination of those players does not net you a top pairing dman and Toronto probably doesn’t have the cap space to add one with a flat cap over the next two seasons.
what is your expectation for a top 6 forward?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Pesce is the guy the Leafs need. That package doesn’t get his jock strap.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Dermott+Johnsson+2nd seems fair enough for
Risto
Seversson
Manson
but I am thinking with the flat cap UFA's should be cheap and we may be able to get 1 of Tanev, Brodie, Hamonic.

The assets we have to make a trade are Dermott+Johnsson+Kerfoot. Dermott would be his RFA rights. It would be 6.9 going out and I would like to keep the incoming MAX 6

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Dermott+Johnsson+2nd seems fair enough for
Risto
Seversson
Manson
but I am thinking with the flat cap UFA's should be cheap and we may be able to get 1 of Tanev, Brodie, Hamonic.

The assets we have to make a trade are Dermott+Johnsson+Kerfoot. Dermott would be his RFA rights. It would be 6.9 going out and I would like to keep the incoming MAX 6

Anaheim is going to waste a 1st round pick. No he are stupid to trade for an injured player without seeing how johnsson reruns from injury.
.leafs need to out Kapanen in table if they want a d from like Anaheim

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
That's basically a passable offer for a #4

And the team trading that #4 is looking to dump salary doing so
Did you say Adam Larsson?

I’ll save this thread some time, Larsson for Kapanen would have worked like a year ago, but no longer makes sense as the Oilers are giving Athansiou a shot. The leafs don’t have much to entice Edmonton and can probably get him for free when he is likely let walk as UFA as Edmonton is hoping, I presume, one Bouchard or Jones take steps forward again this year

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Toronto needs a stay at home, righty that can log lots of minutes. I say top 2D but he could also be a top 3D on our team after Rielly and Muzzin. Someone in the same ilk as Muzzin would be good.

I have this package:

Dermott-A good flashy d man who makes a few mistakes in his own end. He is only 23 years old but we are stocked on LD.

Gauthier-A big serviceable 4th line forward. He is a decent part time NHL'er with some opportunity to take a permanent 4th line spot.

Johnsson-A very serviceable top 6 forward with tons of skill and speed. We have 4 guys in the system like him so he is expendable.

Depends on who the D is coming back, but I am open to throw in a pick, 2nd in 2022. My package isn't garbage. They are good players. Gauthier will be the weakest player there. Dermott will get better in his own end as D men don't mature until they are 26 or 27.

Would you trade a 1st pairing dmen for this garbage...? Wtf are you thinking here? This is horrendous.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Nobody wants your loose change.
That might get you a number 4 guy.
You want a number 1-2 guy, think about your number 1 C.
No one is going to do Toronto any favours

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Toronto needs a stay at home, righty that can log lots of minutes. I say top 2D but he could also be a top 3D on our team after Rielly and Muzzin. Someone in the same ilk as Muzzin would be good.

I have this package:

Dermott-A good flashy d man who makes a few mistakes in his own end. He is only 23 years old but we are stocked on LD.

Gauthier-A big serviceable 4th line forward. He is a decent part time NHL'er with some opportunity to take a permanent 4th line spot.

Johnsson-A very serviceable top 6 forward with tons of skill and speed. We have 4 guys in the system like him so he is expendable.

Depends on who the D is coming back, but I am open to throw in a pick, 2nd in 2022. My package isn't garbage. They are good players. Gauthier will be the weakest player there. Dermott will get better in his own end as D men don't mature until they are 26 or 27.
Is that a top 2 d in AHL?

Gm: hi Dubas how ya doing?
Dubas: we are looking at x defensemen.
GM: yeah we like him but throw out your offer.
Dubas well we'll give you 3 players ..... Gauthier
GM: dial tone
Dubas: HELLO? HELLO? HELLO?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Think about what the price was to acquire Muzzin - 1st and 2 prospects. Not A prospects but both recent second round picks I think. Now compare that to what you are offering. Gauthier has no value so I will ignore that piece. Dermott is worth more than the 2 prospects but less than the 1st and AJ is similar. The key piece in the Muzzin deal was the 1st. It carried the most singular value, so in order to get a Muzzin type player, you’ll need to give up a more valuable singular piece than either AJ or Dermott and then add. I would say one of AJ or Dermott are similar value to the combined prospects (Durzi and Grundstrom) - or the equivalent of 2 recent 2nd round picks.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I always thought the Leafs would trade Kerfoot + Johnsson for picks & bundle them with our own picks + prospects.

Etc Johnsson returns a 2nd
Kerfoot a 3rd

etc

To Leafs: Manson
To Ducks: 2nd (trade), Liljegren, 4th

There's not going to be a ton of teams looking to deal a top 4 D for Johnsson & Kerfoot but they assets earned from trading those guys could go into a deal.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
You might be able to package Kerfoot and Kapannen and picks/prospects for a legit top 4 right shot dman. The Leafs would lose depth but might be able to make up for bottom 6 depth in free agency than a right shot dman.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

not exactly fair to say a guy has never hit over 43pts when his first season he had 43 in 73 games as a rookie and was lost for most of the season to injury year 2.

Rookie year: 21g/47pts in 80 games (reg. season and playoff)

to say he isnt a top 6 forward is pretty ignorant actually. 31 teams x 6 forwards = 186 "top 6 players"
Johnsson was 120th in goals and 124th in pts as a rookie despite playing only 73 games, and 13:40 per. pts/60 beat guys like barzal,connor and couturier.

take the L and move on

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I always thought the Leafs would trade Kerfoot + Johnsson for picks & bundle them with our own picks + prospects.

Etc Johnsson returns a 2nd
Kerfoot a 3rd

etc

To Leafs: Manson
To Ducks: 2nd (trade), Liljegren, 4th

There's not going to be a ton of teams looking to deal a top 4 D for Johnsson & Kerfoot but they assets earned from trading those guys could go into a deal.

so essentially Johnsson,Kerfoot and Liljegren for Manson?

yeah they arent gonna be doing that

Reactions: bernmeister

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
This "rhd" fixation for Toronto has to stop. We just need a solid shutdown d. Does not matter what hand he plays. This lhd rhd/ Babcock Olympics in 2014 stuff has gotten so out of control. If he can play the right side, kills penalties and can play 20 of rielys 25 min a night we need him.. left handers welcome

Reactions: shortfuze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad