Value of: A top 2D to Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 300185

Toronto needs a stay at home, righty that can log lots of minutes. I say top 2D but he could also be a top 3D on our team after Rielly and Muzzin. Someone in the same ilk as Muzzin would be good.

I have this package:

Dermott-A good flashy d man who makes a few mistakes in his own end. He is only 23 years old but we are stocked on LD.

Gauthier-A big serviceable 4th line forward. He is a decent part time NHL'er with some opportunity to take a permanent 4th line spot.

Johnsson-A very serviceable top 6 forward with tons of skill and speed. We have 4 guys in the system like him so he is expendable.

Depends on who the D is coming back, but I am open to throw in a pick, 2nd in 2022. My package isn't garbage. They are good players. Gauthier will be the weakest player there. Dermott will get better in his own end as D men don't mature until they are 26 or 27.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
The only way the leafs get a top 2 dman is if Nylander is moved. That package couldn’t even get Tony DeAngelo lol.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Toronto needs a stay at home, righty that can log lots of minutes. I say top 2D but he could also be a top 3D on our team after Rielly and Muzzin. Someone in the same ilk as Muzzin would be good.

I have this package:

Dermott-A good flashy d man who makes a few mistakes in his own end. He is only 23 years old but we are stocked on LD.

Gauthier-A big serviceable 4th line forward. He is a decent part time NHL'er with some opportunity to take a permanent 4th line spot.

Johnsson-A very serviceable top 6 forward with tons of skill and speed. We have 4 guys in the system like him so he is expendable.

Depends on who the D is coming back, but I am open to throw in a pick, 2nd in 2022. My package isn't garbage. They are good players. Gauthier will be the weakest player there. Dermott will get better in his own end as D men don't mature until they are 26 or 27.
You're not getting a top 2D for the pieces you're proposing here. You want a top 2D look no further to having to give up either Nylander or Marner.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

I have this package:

you’re selling Johnsson as a top six forward with skill and speed? He’s coming off knee surgery and has never hit or been on pace for over 43pts. He’s not a top six forward.

A combination of those players does not net you a top pairing dman and Toronto probably doesn’t have the cap space to add one with a flat cap over the next two seasons.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I love the upselling... Dermott as a flashy dman. Uber-talented 3rd line winger AJ and a big serviceable 4C.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I scoff at that package for Ryan Graves. Let alone Girard. Those three by TML very little.

the TML have two good trade chips. Nylander is a great one. Kapenan is a good one. That’s it. Johnsson has little value at this juncture. Nor does Dermott.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
At least offer up Sandin or Liljegren + AJ/Kapanen + 2nd no?

As said above, this would net you a good #4D who has 1-2 years left at most.

Dermott = 2nd?
AJ = 2nd + 3rd/4th?

Maybe Savard + small add from CBJ as example? Although he has one full year left, feel two 2nds (3rd line W + #5D with #4 upside) for him would somewhat close?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

I have this package:

Aj is not a top 6 forward on most teams . Dermott has some value..

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Make a play for tj Brodie...dumo some for cap room ...doubt he resigns in cal.

Also a RHD in justin Shultz may be had for cheap after a bad year .. he would look good on third pair

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
2qx83y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad