Post-Game Talk: A regulation win?!?!? Panthers beat Jets 4-2 in Barkovland

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Tampa held McDavid off the score sheet so of course he's going to score a hatty against us.

-ghoste

If he’s not suspended I’d expect that hatter to be gotten by Lucic. 2 goals in last 61 games. McDavid will probably get assists on all three and a breakaway in OT to win it.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Almost. Still arguing the NYR game lol
Luongo makes big stops. Even if you feel that Hutch wasn't bad the Rags game (I strongly disagree) no one stepped up and made a big save.

Examples:

Vs the Canucks: Florida didn't play well, but Roussel's penalty shot goal wasn't particularly strong imo. Not going to lay blame on a goalie for not making a penalty shot save but that cost Florida 1-2 points.

Same with the 1st Jets game. I feel like Reimer could have stopped the 2nd goal. Not like he had a bad game but again he didn't come up clutch.

The only games where Florida got points based solely off goaltending were against Tampa and Winnipeg (both Lu games). Every other start has either been horrendous or average.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Man, I'll be happy if they even remember how to play hockey at this point.

61g8aaaRmZL._UX385_.jpg

Chalk another one up for the meme squad :naughty:

do-you-want-0wy71b.jpg

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Maybe this time off isn't such a bad thing. We had a pretty terrible start and were in desperate need of a reset. You could see the frustration setting in. Outplaying the other teams, but not getting wins sucks, you can only survive on moral victories for so long before the play actual drops and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

There was a lot of distraction in the first 10 games. Lou getting hurt, Haley rehab, Math suspension, Mack basically ending his career, Pysyk concussion. Then the whole Finland trip.

If we lost the last game then this layoff would have been really bad for morale. But with the win, with lou back, I think the time off will be good for them to recollect and regroup. Hopefully they come back with a fresh mindset and treat it as if the last 10 games never happened.

I'm excited to see what this team is really made of. Do they fold like the doubters think? Or do they come out battling? I honestly don't know because the start to this season was so weird. Here's hoping for the latter.:thumbu:

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Luongo makes big stops. Even if you feel that Hutch wasn't bad the Rags game (I strongly disagree) no one stepped up and made a big save.

Examples:

Vs the Canucks: Florida didn't play well, but Roussel's penalty shot goal wasn't particularly strong imo. Not going to lay blame on a goalie for not making a penalty shot save but that cost Florida 1-2 points.

Same with the 1st Jets game. I feel like Reimer could have stopped the 2nd goal. Not like he had a bad game but again he didn't come up clutch.

The only games where Florida got points based solely off goaltending were against Tampa and Winnipeg (both Lu games). Every other start has either been horrendous or average.
All agreed except for the obvious of course lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad