Post-Game Talk: A regulation win?!?!? Panthers beat Jets 4-2 in Barkovland

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
So I've been pretty vocal about Bjugstad not living up to expectations, but he hasn't been that bad. He's not a first liner but he definitely shouldn't be in the press box. He's 58.1 Corsi For at 5 on 5, which I know isn't the end all be all, but that's second on the team behind only Mamin. He's playing a decent defensive and transition game from what I've seen, and if he gets between 40 and 50 points by March while playing the way he has been I have to call that a win.

It's a shame because if he actually had a scoring touch or serious puck skills he'd be a real all-around threat.
This honestly irritates me so much watching him this year. The first line looks fantastic, he's in the perfect position, receives an amazing pass - and whiffs on the shot. It would actually be easier if they looked like a mess but they didn't.
It makes me wonder what could have been if not for that wrist injury some years back.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So I've been pretty vocal about Bjugstad not living up to expectations, but he hasn't been that bad. He's not a first liner but he definitely shouldn't be in the press box. He's 58.1 Corsi For at 5 on 5, which I know isn't the end all be all, but that's second on the team behind only Mamin. He's playing a decent defensive and transition game from what I've seen, and if he gets between 40 and 50 points by March while playing the way he has been I have to call that a win.

It's a shame because if he actually had a scoring touch or serious puck skills he'd be a real all-around threat.

He is also playing hurt.

He was supposed to sit but he is playing through injury likely due to the team's record. We don't even know what his actual injury is either.

But regardless, he has been really good on the defensive side of the puck.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Brouwers been more noticeable than Bjugstad. So.....there’s that.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I really like this lineup. Would love the 3rd line to do something. Malgin and McCann have been very disappointing.
They've been solid defensively but we need some offence from them too. I like Bjugstad there with them much more than Vatrano. We'll see how that goes I guess...

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I wouldnt mind Bjugstad playing center on the third line.

He is playing better defensively than he is offensively anyway. Let the two other M's do the offensive work.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I will agree with Coach Bob. I thought they played their better game the first game, despite taking bonehead penalties . Let's hope they can build on this now that they're back home and had time with family .

letsgrowcactus] post: 151750301 said:

Wonder what's the deal with Sceviour; injured?

I don't think he's look that good out there lately. It's almost like he's lost without MacK on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad