A Peace Offering

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I don't use the ignore button...use to. But I found that inevitably, someone else will always quote that person you had on ignore anyways.

I often write out a post and change it before i click submit because I don't like the way it sounds.

Usually I end up asking myself (and maybe it might work for others here?) "Would I like it if someone answered me like that?"

Sometimes my answer is "no" so I end up changing it to a more "polite" reply

You appear to be a gentleman, Dom. :yo:

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Great.

But summer is almost over and hypothetical doomed scenarios will soon be crushed by another top of the standing season by the Bruins.

Enjoy the ride to a 3rd SCF in 5 years fellow B's fans!

Amen! I always enjoy reading your positive outlook on things. The sky is falling. Of course it is;)

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I often write out a post and change it before i click submit because I don't like the way it sounds.

Usually I end up asking myself (and maybe it might work for others here?) "Would I like it if someone answered me like that?"

Sometimes my answer is "no" so I end up changing it to a more "polite" reply

Same here.

I do this for (mostly business related) emails as well, I write the entire email and go over it before I put the recipients email address in the address bar. It works wonders.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Does this apply to the posters that were very mature (probably a decade older than me) making fun of my name?

I enjoy this site but at times it gets frustrating when the same group of posters will gang up on someone just because they have a different opinion than the majority. Not looking for sympathy, but maybe, just maybe that's what sets people off from visiting and posting on this site.

What is your name?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Don't know about that.

I belong to another Bruins board with some others that regularly post here and the respect among the posters there is unbelievable. There isn't always 100% agreement but great dialogue and I've even seen opinions changed because of those discussions.

If people's opinions can change because of discussion, then it's doing what it is suppose to do. If we are calling each other idiots, then its just a waste of time.

please PM me that board<<<<<<not being sarcastic, pleeeeeease

or is it exclusively for you big wig insiders:amazed::sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad