A Peace Offering

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
It seems to me things go south around here during the summers for some reason. I think people just lack things to talk about and every little thing gets analyzed 10 ways till sunday, tempers flare, etc etc.

I don't come around the board when hockey season is over with the exception of Draft day and the start of free agency. Not much else to talk about beyond that. Maybe a healthy break is good for some? I dunno, it works for me.

My $.02.

Shoe

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
There's a trend the board has taken in recent years that bothers me. I'll be the first to admit that I've taken part in it and even lead the charge at times...but it's the trend of "I'm right and you're stupid."

The trend that "You disagree with me, so you're some kind of hater" or "Wow, be an apologist more." Sweeping generalizations, sarcastic remarks that flow from one thread to another. The dreaded(at least in my mind) :sarcasm: posts that add nothing to the conversation other than to make the point of bullying another. If you ask me, this place has gone off the deep end, and it's nonsense like this that has driven many great posters away...however, it's not beyond recovery. I must ask this question...is anyone here to truly mock others opinion? If so, log out.

I believe we all are here for one common reason, to have an outlet to discuss the Boston Bruins. Whether you became a fan because they're the local team, because their history, their style, a certain player, a certain team, whatever the reason..we've all come here to discuss that. Whether someone thinks the team is softer, or tryouts are a waste of time, or that the Bruins are the best ever and do no wrong..we're all here on one common ground. To share those opinions. Do I believe some opinions are flat out wrong? Yes, of course. Do those opinions deserve berating and bullying? No. There are some people here that it blows my mind to find out they are above the age of 14 for how they handle things.

With the 2014-15 season right around the corner, why don't we all strive to be better? Instead of pushing the throttle on what seems to me to be a crashing plane, why not take a look in the mirror and be part of correcting the flight. This can be a great place where people share ideas and opinions that you may not have thought of in the past...rather than bullying and mocking, why not be open to an idea that isn't yours?

I know it's something I'll strive to do and hope you do the same so rather than good posters fleeing to create their own place free of you, they come willing to share. Call it my 2014-15 season "resolution."

-Brad

P.S. Pearl Jam is a great band and all of you suck. That's what this post is really about :naughty:

****ing tree hugging hippie...:naughty:

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
There's a trend the board has taken in recent years that bothers me. I'll be the first to admit that I've taken part in it and even lead the charge at times...but it's the trend of "I'm right and you're stupid." :

To save space I've cut the OP's comments down but I agree with what he said. I would like to also see the comments that add nothing to the conversation stopped as well. There are things said here that would never be said to someone if you were face to face.

Last edited by a moderator:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
There's a trend the board has taken in recent years that bothers me. I'll be the first to admit that I've taken part in it and even lead the charge at times...but it's the trend of "I'm right and you're stupid."

The trend that "You disagree with me, so you're some kind of hater" or "Wow, be an apologist more." Sweeping generalizations, sarcastic remarks that flow from one thread to another. The dreaded(at least in my mind) :sarcasm: posts that add nothing to the conversation other than to make the point of bullying another. If you ask me, this place has gone off the deep end, and it's nonsense like this that has driven many great posters away...however, it's not beyond recovery. I must ask this question...is anyone here to truly mock others opinion? If so, log out.

I believe we all are here for one common reason, to have an outlet to discuss the Boston Bruins. Whether you became a fan because they're the local team, because their history, their style, a certain player, a certain team, whatever the reason..we've all come here to discuss that. Whether someone thinks the team is softer, or tryouts are a waste of time, or that the Bruins are the best ever and do no wrong..we're all here on one common ground. To share those opinions. Do I believe some opinions are flat out wrong? Yes, of course. Do those opinions deserve berating and bullying? No. There are some people here that it blows my mind to find out they are above the age of 14 for how they handle things.

With the 2014-15 season right around the corner, why don't we all strive to be better? Instead of pushing the throttle on what seems to me to be a crashing plane, why not take a look in the mirror and be part of correcting the flight. This can be a great place where people share ideas and opinions that you may not have thought of in the past...rather than bullying and mocking, why not be open to an idea that isn't yours?

I know it's something I'll strive to do and hope you do the same so rather than good posters fleeing to create their own place free of you, they come willing to share. Call it my 2014-15 season "resolution."

-Brad

P.S. Pearl Jam is a great band and all of you suck. That's what this post is really about :naughty:

OK who are you and what have you done with BrainofJ? :D

Seriously, I agree with your post 100%.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I don't use the ignore button...use to. But I found that inevitably, someone else will always quote that person you had on ignore anyways.

I often write out a post and change it before i click submit because I don't like the way it sounds.

Usually I end up asking myself (and maybe it might work for others here?) "Would I like it if someone answered me like that?"

Sometimes my answer is "no" so I end up changing it to a more "polite" reply

Yup. For every post of mine you see on the board there are at least two others that didn't make it because I took an extra 30 seconds to think about it. :nod:

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Yup. For every post of mine you see on the board there are at least two others that didn't make it because I took an extra 30 seconds to think about it. :nod:

^This. I always... sometimes... usually consider what I'm posting before I click send with various levels of success. I do go overboard razzing BMC about a certain Swedish hockey player, but overall I'm very polite in my posting.

Always consider that your posts are public once you hit send and would you want your spouse or boss (which in my house amounts to the same thing) to see what you're posting.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

As my good friend and male soulmate Joe GloryDaze told me yesterday..."You tend to be a speak first think later guy..I thought I was bad until I met you... "

:laugh::laugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
^This. I always... sometimes... usually consider what I'm posting before I click send with various levels of success. I do go overboard razzing BMC about a certain Swedish hockey player, but overall I'm very polite in my posting.[B/]

Always consider that your posts are public once you hit send and would you want your spouse or boss (which in my house amounts to the same thing) to see what you're posting.

But that is all in fun isn't ksp? ksp?......

qc

Aug 23, 2011
:D

May be one of the most insane things I've ever read here.

LOLOL I know!!

Marchand clearly wanted no part in that. Same can be said for Iggy and Kesler.

I did love that thread though.. one semi-normal and polite Canucks fan trying to be cordial, only to be shat upon by the jaded masses of HF Boston. :laugh:

member 96824

LOLOL I know!!

Marchand clearly wanted no part in that. Same can be said for Iggy and Kesler.

I did love that thread though.. one semi-normal and polite Canucks fan trying to be cordial, only to be shat upon by the jaded masses of HF Boston. :laugh:

I forgot to lay out the guidelines of my peace offering.

In regards to other teams fans visiting:

**** 'em

:naughty:

hockeybpr25

Dec 31, 2009
Great post. Issue is there are too many people on here that talk hockey, watch hockey, so they believe they are an expert on the sport and know everything.

Just because you talk about something, you read about something, and you watch something; doesn't mean you know anything.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I applaud Brad for the effort, but the cynical side of me says that people are what they are. Some people can hold a civil discussion/debate, some cannot.They may behave for a day or two, but the first heated discussion that comes up, back to their old selves.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I applaud Brad for the effort, but the cynical side of me says that people are what they are. Some people can hold a civil discussion/debate, some cannot.They may behave for a day or two, but the first heated discussion that comes up, back to their old selves.

This is what I believe too. Some can not help themselves. There are a few who think they know it all and are so
condescending. I hate to use ignore but have a few times.

Good thread though :)

I come here for hockey news and fun. There are so many good people here.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I applaud Brad for the effort, but the cynical side of me says that people are what they are. Some people can hold a civil discussion/debate, some cannot.

Yep. I bet it's not too long before we read another "This is the most asinine post I've ever read" comment, followed shortly after with "I wasn't criticizing the poster; I was criticizing the post."

People are who they are, and they will say what they say. Best to just not respond whenever possible.

I also delete far more written posts than ever get posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad