Post-Game Talk: A nice bounce.back

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
So what's the hold up on the Pietrangelo ruling? Does Bettman have a small army of social scientists working around the clock determining the best way to induce outrage and making Oiler fans unhappy? It's called growing the game.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I think with Nurse being suspended, the Oilers will bring their A+ game to Vegas tomorrow. Meanwhile Vegas seems to be doing a slow burn and crying about everything, led by Alex "Chasing the Money" Pietroangelo and Mark "Miracle Cure" Stone. These 2 whine and snivel after every whistle to the refs, Stone in particular with that Tucker Carlson confused look on his face. The guy is such a piece of crap.
Lol perfect description of Tucker Carlson lol

I was trying to figure out what it was about stones face last night that made it seem so punchable.

Now that you just mentioned Tucker I realize why!!!

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I didn’t see it either. Drai also seemed to imply he’s fine. Hoping that’s the case!!!
Me too. Although I'd think he'd be dying and still say he's "fine"...lol. So I'm not sure how much stock to put into that. Hopefully the slash doesn't affect his shooting ability or anything.

Reactions: Oilfan89

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I would rather have nemo over broberg next game time to start punishing Knights forwards entering the zone let Nemo get the next suspension for all I care

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
By saying Drai is game time decision that's another +1 day on Petro suspension
QCMcZa.gif

Drai needs to play it up.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Dallas Eikans really thinks Nurse had advantage in the fight and thats why it should be instigator. Bieska explaining how he didn't. Bieksa has really been showing Eikans is a sham if we didn't already know.
They really don't agree on anything, and it seems nobody likely agrees with Eakins on anything.
But he was a hell of a tank commander before he adopted his alias.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joseph William Ekins (15 July 1923 – 1 February 2012) was a British soldier. He gained recognition for his action as a British Army tank gunner in France during World War II, in which Ekins destroyed four German tanks near Saint-Aignan-de-Cramesnil in a day, including three Tiger I tanks (numbers 312, 009 & 314).[7]

Reactions: Leonardlizard

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I suspect that you'll just see that third pairing get sheltered and the other two play beefy minutes. For a single game (and a fresh Nurse coming back) that is probably not a huge risk.

I suspect the biggest risk will come from just odds of circumstances not giving third pairing almost any opportunity and you have a pairing that needs to stay out because the other hasn't recovered enough yet and then get hemmed in their own zone.
Last change could likely be an issue. Harder to shelter in that scenario.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Last change could likely be an issue. Harder to shelter in that scenario.
Oh for sure it is going to be very difficult being on the road.

Will definitely run risks of having to put them out because other pairings are tired.

Might not always get the match ups but wouldn't be surprised if all ozone all the time haha.

That said getting a Draisaitl with the 200 foot mentality he had the last time will probably help the kiddo pairing.

Reactions: guymez

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Auto 1 game suspension upheld despite being a similar situation to the regular season instigators where neither were upheld, AND it was confirmed Hague was after Nurse to fight as recently as the face off circle.

Guy tried to chop off drais arm? Yeah let’s just even it up.

Every day I’m less and less surprised that this sport is as underwatched as it is compared to other major leagues in NA. f***ing shameful. I hope Kane takes full advantage of 2 handed chops with no intent other than injury is now barely penalized.

Reactions: TB12

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Auto 1 game suspension upheld despite being a similar situation to the regular season instigators where neither were upheld, AND it was confirmed Hague was after Nurse to fight as recently as the face off circle.

Every day I’m less and less surprised that this sport is as underwatched as it is compared to other major leagues in NA. f***ing shameful. I hope Kane takes full advantage of 2 handed chops with no intent other than injury is now barely penalized.

We just got a dose of game management, when there's not even a game being played. Ridiculous!

Reactions: TB12 and 3IR

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

It was an easy out for the league to just “even “ it up. The fact a good chunk of media heads kept pushing that narrative made it easier for Parros to just go with it and wash his hands from all of this.

Parros is a POS.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
As much as we want revenge and blood in the streets, cooler heads will prevail, our boys will be pissed off but extremely motivated, will play it hard but semi clean, and send the league a big FU by beating Vegas tomorrow.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
As much as we want revenge and blood in the streets, cooler heads will prevail, our boys will be pissed off but extremely motivated, will play it hard but semi clean, and send the league a big FU by beating Vegas tomorrow.
Really getting sick of this whole having to succeed despite the incompetent league, and always needing to be the team that doesn’t respond to its players getting abused.

Maybe if this garbage league spent a fraction of the effort marketing and protecting its stars that it does artificially creating parity, we wouldn’t be talking about jersey ads and forced to watch gambling commercials for every single f***ing ad.

“Why oh why isn’t the NHL catching on and growing? Could it be because we let teams purposely hinder, and in some cases attempt to injure the most marketable players in the name of keeping things close? Nah that can’t be it, Guess we need jersey ads”

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00